Gov. Kathy Hochul declares 'disaster emergency' in New York until mid-January over omicron despite no cases of new variant in the US yet

Dr Angelique Coetzee, the South African doctor who first spotted the new Covid variant Omicron, told #Marr the patients seen so far have had "very mild symptoms"

Meanwhile, leftist media is claiming it’s the end of the world. There is a disconnect between the scientists and the media fear machine. Can you see it now?

with the previous variants, they initially saw mild cases. It takes a few weeks and more cases to know for sure.

tawt5oj4cl281.jpg

First, Trump administration did not issue any lockdowns. All lockdowns were issued by state and local governments.
As it's true that ERs were were full, state governments refused to used military field and ship hospitals, and chose to put infected in nursing homes instead. Anyways, question was, "did lockdowns worked", and you were talking about Trump.

With statements like those, it's more evident we're dealing with leaky vaccines. Also, with just several cases identified in several cities, it's impossible to know that Omicron will be worse than Delta. Especially after several countries, Including South Africa that identified Omicron variant, stated that Omicron cases were mild. I posted the video of the doctor that stated that earlier. Also, you dodged answering the question "was Delta variant worse than Alpha"?

Partially correct. There is no "special deal" with COVID vaccine makers. Trump admin issued EUA, and under 2005 PREP Act, EUA vaccines are accompanied by a far reaching liability shield that protects all parties involved with the product from lawsuits. It's not Trump's deal, it's a law of the land. But that wasn't a question, was it?

As you can see, every of your answers was deceptive and half truth. That tells me you're not interested in honest debate, or in truth, therefore my conversation with you, on this topic, ends here.
You ask my opinion, and I gave it to you and you attacked me. I'll try not to try waste time with you in future.

Tell me, how bad is Omicron?

Has anyone noticed a curious thing?
  1. Just recently it was announced that Omicron was only in S. Africa with no cases in the USA.
  2. Now we have cases poppping up all around the world, with it now in 13-17 states! 1 in Pennsylvania, a few in California, etc.
  3. How is Omicron detected? The Covid PCR test is badly inaccurate and only designed to test for Covid. How do you test for Omicron? What if there is a Lambda or a Tau Covid out there just that no one has a test to realize it yet?
  4. How does a virus get around the world so easily, quickly and widely that the entire world is in lockdown to prevent, unless either Omicron isn't really real and only being used as a fear factor to force compliance or that the transmission of it is somehow being facilitated?
  5. And what is the point? If the virus is spreading and mutating so freely DESPITE masks, shutdowns and everything else, then what is the point of any of that stuff?
Life is full of risks we face every single day with Covid being yet just one more of them. At what point do people just say fuck it and decide it is better to just live and let nature take care of the rest?

You ask my opinion, and I gave it to you and you attacked me. I'll try not to try waste time with you in future.
And that also is not truth.

Yes, I attacked you, but for dodging my questions and not telling the truth. I asked you for opinions, but got talking points and half truth instead. I called you on it in my rebuttal, and you didn't like it. Please, try not to waste your time, it will be greatly appreciated. :clap2:

1. Just recently it was announced that Omicron was only in S. Africa with no cases in the USA.
  2. Now we have cases poppping up all around the world, with it now in 13-17 states! 1 in Pennsylvania, a few in California, etc.
  3. How is Omicron detected? The Covid PCR test is badly inaccurate and only designed to test for Covid. How do you test for Omicron? What if there is a Lambda or a Tau Covid out there just that no one has a test to realize it yet?
  4. How does a virus get around the world so easily, quickly and widely that the entire world is in lockdown to prevent, unless either Omicron isn't really real and only being used as a fear factor to force compliance or that the transmission of it is somehow being facilitated?
  5. And what is the point? If the virus is spreading and mutating so freely DESPITE masks, shutdowns and everything else, then what is the point of any of that stuff?
Life is full of risks we face every single day with Covid being yet just one more of them. At what point do people just say fuck it and decide it is better to just live and let nature take care of the rest?

As per sources from Israel and Australia, the Omicron variant was found in fully "vaccinated" people. Vaccinated are now stuck with this mediocre immune response that's intended for a variant that no longer exists. This kinda looks like a scenario where you're worse off being vaccinated than if you are unvaccinated. Maybe that's the reason why they're afraid of Omicron?

Africa or Europe are only hours form the US and it only takes one person to bring the virus into the US. That one person can infect hundreds of people.

The PCR tests swabs are sent to a lab for testing. The machines determine the genetic material in the sample and classify it as to variant. PCR test processing is very accurate in determining the variant.

The virus must find a host within hours or it dies and it can't replicate without a host. So you would think it would be easy to rid ourselves of the virus. All it would take is to isolate the sick, where a mask, social distance, and a get vaccination. In a month it would be history.

Africa or Europe are only hours form the US and it only takes one person to bring the virus into the US. That one person can infect hundreds of people.
So what is the point then? You mean this happens after almost two years of this thing under our BEST efforts to minimize? Isn't this the very same laxness or worse than anything we ever saw from the Trump Administration when people yet had very limited knowledge of what to expect much less experience with this thing? Where is that harsh outrage and criticism with Biden now that there was with Trump?

So what is the point then? You mean this happens after almost two years of this thing under our BEST efforts to minimize? Isn't this the very same laxness or worse than anything we ever saw from the Trump Administration when people yet had very limited knowledge of what to expect much less experience with this thing? Where is that harsh outrage and criticism with Biden now that there was with Trump?
Why do you even argue with him. He just lied again, and he probably calls it "science". No PCR test that can distinguish between variants, therefore all their "science" is made up.

Texas Department of State Health Services FAQ
Q: “How can I tell if I have the Delta variant? Do labs report that to the state?”
A: That information may not be readily available. The [PCR] viral tests that are used to determine if a person has COVID-19 are not designed to tell you what variant is causing the infection. Detecting the Delta variant, or other variants, requires a special type of testing called genomic sequencing. Due to the volume of COVID-19 cases, sequencing is not performed on all viral samples. However, because the Delta variant now accounts for the majority of COVID-19 cases in the United States, there is a strong likelihood that a positive test result indicates infection with the Delta variant.”

Fighting a pandemic is a dynamic situation. Just as we do more to prevent the spread of the virus. the virus is creating more variants and as people grow tired of the fight they become lax at wearing mask, getting vaccines, and social distancing. Political leaders seeing how unhappy people are with the fight, are loosen up on regulations to gain political favor.

Pandemics typically take years to wine down. Although most top epidemic people seem to think this thing will wind down next year. I personally think it could continue 3 or 4 more years. The low level vaccinations, less 10% in undeveloped countries and only 60% fully vaccinated in the US indicates that we have a ways to go.

Forum List

Back