gov claims 1 in 88 kids are autistic

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
You hear it every day if you listen to talk radio. The US government in cooperation with something called the "ad-counsel" claims that one in every 88 kids are diagnosed with autism. I find it to be a shocking statistic and the US government goes on to say that the Autistic diagnosis has increased 1000% in the last forty years. What's going on? Are innocent kids who might have a dyslexic problem now being diagnosed with autism? Can it be that the wholesale federal mandated school inoculation program in the last forty years has been faulty?

Ad-Council was begun by the NSA if not mistaken. To spread pro-US propaganda during WWII. Not saying the stat is unreliable, but consider the source.

Many chemicals in everyday items like furniture and clothing nowadays that contain carcinogens and things suspected of causing things like autism. So it might well be a true stat, but not because the human race is spontaneously turning to crap so much as we're using crap that's dangerous without being made aware of it.

I think none of the above. That 1/88 seems right. Autism is a much more pervasive and debilitative decease than dyslexia. Autism prevents the sufferer from reading other people even at the simplest level, such as how far to stand during conversation. Dyslexia is only a reading defficiency.

The autism epidemic will only grow, never reduce, because healtcare providers make their money on sick people, not healthy ones. Americans don't care that it is their own children who they disable.

I think none of the above. That 1/88 seems right. Autism is a much more pervasive and debilitative decease than dyslexia. Autism prevents the sufferer from reading other people even at the simplest level, such as how far to stand during conversation. Dyslexia is only a reading defficiency.

The autism epidemic will only grow, never reduce, because healtcare providers make their money on sick people, not healthy ones. Americans don't care that it is their own children who they disable.

Dyslexia is hardly debilitating but it's possible that the Autism lobby has included a ton of typical childhood problems and inadvertently branded an innocent child with the life long debility of autism in order to further their agenda.

Big deal, I know at last a dozen college kids with PDD who scored 1600 on their SAT and are now in prestigious universities.
Of course, Bill Gates says they're stupid and lazy.

What exactly is your beef?
Let's say it's diet or the environment?
Sooner or later some links will be found.
Thankfully, I find severe autism to be the minority of cases compared to PDD.
I find many kids with PDD to be highly intelligent and focused.
Is it a wonderful thing for parents to deal with?
Every parent wants their kid to be a genius and the life of the party, but the reality is that case is a rarity.

What exactly is your beef?
Let's say it's diet or the environment?
Sooner or later some links will be found.
Thankfully, I find severe autism to be the minority of cases compared to PDD.
I find many kids with PDD to be highly intelligent and focused.
Is it a wonderful thing for parents to deal with?
Every parent wants their kid to be a genius and the life of the party, but the reality is that case is a rarity.

PDD is an umbrella term for when there isn't yet enough information to determine any specific disability. So there will always be a far larger amount of people with that diagnosis.

ALSO AND THIS IS IMPORTANT READ THIS!!!!

Anotherlife is an idiot. I only read the first sentence or so of what they wrote. I take back what I said before.

Dyslexia is hardly debilitating but it's possible that the Autism lobby has included a ton of typical childhood problems and inadvertently branded an innocent child with the life long debility of autism in order to further their agenda.

Considering that everyone knows at least one kid with autism, the 1/88 seems even an underestimate, I think.

Autism seems to be an array of symptoms deriving mostly from the ansence of one underlying brain function, namely the projection to the views of others. A kid with autism can't imagine how others may see him.

No, it does not.

it clearly seems like a made up diagnosis in the 90% of the cases with such a "statistic".

Or a clear aim at label the future generations with some "disease" just to have EVERYBODY in some box classification.

in order to control everybody

Considering that everyone knows at least one kid with autism, the 1/88 seems even an underestimate, I think.

Autism seems to be an array of symptoms deriving mostly from the ansence of one underlying brain function, namely the projection to the views of others. A kid with autism can't imagine how others may see him.

do you understand how idiotic you sound?

it is normal that kids can't imagine how others see them.

that is called developing and learning.

No, it does not.

it clearly seems like a made up diagnosis in the 90% of the cases with such a "statistic".

Or a clear aim at label the future generations with some "disease" just to have EVERYBODY in some box classification.

What if the goal is to make everyone eligible for social security disability this way? By the way, there are many people, kids and adults who really have autism, and it drastically kills their quality of life. They could surely use some help, right? Too bad, well meaning help programs are always perverted into cash schemes. We still need to help the autistic, and it is reasonably high (1/88).

You have mis-spelled idiotic, let me correct you, eediotic. How is your development doing?

No, it does not.

What if the goal is to make everyone eligible for social security disability this way? By the way, there are many people, kids and adults who really have autism, and it drastically kills their quality of life. They could surely use some help, right? Too bad, well meaning help programs are always perverted into cash schemes. We still need to help the autistic, and it is reasonably high (1/88).

You have mis-spelled idiotic, let me correct you, eediotic. How is your development doing?

dumbo, are you autistic?

:rolleyes:

No, it does not.

dumbo, are you autistic?

:rolleyes:

I am glad that it is not my brain that you love me for. I hate people who are all platonic. Don't you think you owe me now that you set back my recovery with a few years? WHEHEHEHEHE

You hear it every day if you listen to talk radio. The US government in cooperation with something called the "ad-counsel" claims that one in every 88 kids are diagnosed with autism. I find it to be a shocking statistic and the US government goes on to say that the Autistic diagnosis has increased 1000% in the last forty years. What's going on? Are innocent kids who might have a dyslexic problem now being diagnosed with autism? Can it be that the wholesale federal mandated school inoculation program in the last forty years has been faulty?

I really find this stat interesting, and I have questioned it for quite some time. Just a few years ago, they were telling us that one in every 150 kids was autistic, now it's one in 88. While I do hear a lot of stories about people with autistic kids, I've never known one, and I can only think of one that my kids have told me about from all their years in school in two different states. Personally, I think the stat is bullshit.

The stat is only interesting because the standards for mental defectiveness get lowered everyday.

I really find this stat interesting, and I have questioned it for quite some time. Just a few years ago, they were telling us that one in every 150 kids was autistic, now it's one in 88. While I do hear a lot of stories about people with autistic kids, I've never known one, and I can only think of one that my kids have told me about from all their years in school in two different states. Personally, I think the stat is bullshit.

It is BS.

Now if the kid is not a robot which does everything on the command of a teacher or a parent he/she will be considered "defective".

and if a kid is not a genius who knows everything including social habits from the time he/she learns to speak - that is a defective kid. he needs to be fixed :lol:

No, it's over-diagnosis. Autism is the defect du jour that everyone defaults to right now for any kid who doesn't fit the "norm", even if the ways in which he is different bear no resemblance to the actual symptoms of autism. Last year, everyone was trying to tell me that my happy, bright, loving 4-year-old (who is 5 now) was autistic, on the basis of things like "likes to play alone instead of with other kids", "concentrates for a really long time on TV shows", and "has no fear of strangers".

Unlike a lot of parents who get this pronouncement, I fought the system, insisting that the people "diagnosing" him had degrees in social work, which meant they were no more clinically qualified to diagnose autism than I was, and that experts on autism say that it can't be reliably diagnosed until at least age five. For my efforts, I was told that I was delusional, and inventing excuses for "neglecting" him.

We enrolled him in an excellent preschool to provide him with more contact with other children and mental stimulation and now, eight months later, the system has admitted that he's no more autistic than I am, and the school has pronounced him completely ready, both academically and socially, to begin kindergarten on schedule next school year.

It's not that you can't listen to the "experts"; it's that you have to keep in mind that they're just people like anyone else, and you, the parent, know your child best.

Forum List

Back