Gov. Abbot of Texas Cut Funding for Local Food Banks by 44%

why is the government f̶u̶n̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶r̶i̶v̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶o̶r̶g̶a̶n̶i̶z̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶s̶??
What you mean is:
Why is the government feeding hungry citizens?
not the governments job to feed hungry people,,, that always results in a weaker society,,,

Wow you missed the part of the constitution about maintaining the general welfare of our nation.

You russian trolls need to learn more about America and our constitution.
general doesnt mean you take from one group and give to another,,

How the fuck do you think General Welfare works.....

Please have the decency to go for a shit on the flag because you don't give a fuck about your fellow citizens....

why is the government f̶u̶n̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶r̶i̶v̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶o̶r̶g̶a̶n̶i̶z̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶s̶??
What you mean is:
not the governments job to feed hungry people,,, that always results in a weaker society,,,

Wow you missed the part of the constitution about maintaining the general welfare of our nation.

Please have the decency to go for a shit on the flag because you don't give a fuck about your fellow citizens....
general means it helps everyone,, this takes from one and gives to another,, thats not general,,

Everyone doesn't get food stamps..only like 13% and being Texass is what they are I doubt it is that high. We are the richest nation in the world and surely we can spare food for people..

We are the richest people in the world, but our federal government is approaching 30 trillion in debt if the commies get their pork bill passed. Forced charity is not charity at all. Forced charity is theft.

Remember that Iraq war that Republicans lied to get people into it...

GOP and Trump love forcing people to do things as well... Iraq could have cancelled all college loans, housed the homeless and fix the Vets hospitals... And there would be still plenty of change...

GOP just steal big... Trump basically gave China TPP and then took the bribes...

So what about California's rolling blackouts ? Should they not get federal dollars until they fix those issues ?

California has never fucked up quite so royally and they are part of a larger grid.
They also weatherize and buy windmills where necessary that don't freeze.
Rolling blackouts in Callie are often due to wildfires. Guess they're not doing enough raking. ;)

6364894-6404681-image-a-31_1542605771308.jpg

When I think of funding for food banks I conjure up an image of contributions by individuals, company/employee charity organizations, and churches. Although our state does provide aid indirectly in that it allows individuals a $400 state income tax credit for money donated to qualifying charities, $800 for married couples filing jointly
CREDITS_2021_qco.pdf (azdor.gov) .

So what about California's rolling blackouts ? Should they not get federal dollars until they fix those issues ?

California has never fucked up quite so royally and they are part of a larger grid.
Rolling blackouts in Callie are often due to wildfires. Guess they're not doing enough raking. ;)

1614615002173.png

So the Forrest fires were on Federal land... State are not allowed to maintain Federal land...

Trump was the one who fucked up...

GOP and Trump love forcing people to do things as well... Iraq could have cancelled all college loans, housed the homeless and fix the Vets hospitals... And there would be still plenty of change...

GOP just steal big... Trump basically gave China TPP and then took the bribes...

Again, the US Constitution charges our federal authorities with the protection of their people from enemies domestic and foreign. You can argue that Iraq was no real threat to the US, but at the time, neither was Osama.

There is nothing in the Constitution that justifies feeding the people, and no, it's not covered under General Welfare. If if was, then the federal government would also be providing houses and cars for all of it's citizens.

What is "promoting general welfare"?

Giving people things? Leftism

Or giving them the opportunity to get things? Conservatism.

If a friend comes over and we are sitting in the backyard while my elderly neighbor comes home from grocery shopping, and I see she is struggling with her packages going up her stairway, if I help her, I provided for her general welfare.

If my neighbor is going up those stairs and I have a bad back, I ask my friend if he could help her, which of course he does. That's promoting the general welfare of my neighbor.

If I have a bad back, and nobody is around and I see a teen walking down the street, I can give him 20 bucks to help my neighbor up the stairs. That is funding the general welfare of my neighbor.

When it comes to the general welfare clause, it mentions promoting and providing. Nowhere in the document will you see funding of the general welfare.

You made tbe decision to be a freeloading welfare queen and suck on the gubnit tit instead of getting a job. Blame everyone but you. Oh so MAGA of you.

I didn't make the choice not to work, government did. In fact with my medical conditions, I could have gotten disability years ago. But I worked as long as I possibly could until the bureaucrats once again changed the rules of the game. The only possible way to secure an income was filing for disability, which again, I paid into my entire life. If that bothers you so much, commit suicide already and do us all a favor.

You made tbe decision to be a freeloading welfare queen and suck on the gubnit tit instead of getting a job. Blame everyone but you. Oh so MAGA of you.

I didn't make the choice not to work, government did. In fact with my medical conditions, I could have gotten disability years ago. But I worked as long as I possibly could until the bureaucrats once again changed the rules of the game. The only possible way to secure an income was filing for disability, which again, I paid into my entire life. If that bothers you so much, commit suicide already and do us all a favor.

No you choose not to get a different kind of job so you could become the welfare queen you hate so much. Do all of us a favor and suicide yourself and quit being a burden to society.

MAGA

No you choose not to get a different kind of job so you could become the welfare queen you hate so much. Do all of us a favor and suicide yourself and quit being a burden to society.

It's that easy, huh? Well do us both a favor, find me this job that will hire a guy with no experience at my age and pay him a livable wage ($18.00 to $20.00 an hour) and I'll apply for that job. Oh, and BTW, I still plan on working as SS allows me to work part-time. For now as of most of last year, I'm following the CDC recommendations of people with my conditions and age stay out of the public as much as possible until we get past this thing.

It's that easy, huh? Well do us both a favor, find me this job that will hire a guy with no experience at my age and pay him a livable wage ($18.00 to $20.00 an hour) and I'll apply for that job. Oh, and BTW, I still plan on working as SS allows me to work part-time. For now as of most of last year, I'm following the CDC recommendations of people with my conditions and age stay out of the public as much as possible until we get past this thing.

Now your so fucking lazy you want someone else to find you a job. Wow the MAGA in you never ends!!!!

MAGA

What you mean is:

general means it helps everyone,, this takes from one and gives to another,, thats not general,,

General doesn't mean everyone... Get a fuck dictionary...

I can mean everyone but that is a very narrow definition...

By the way

Again, the US Constitution charges our federal authorities with the protection of their people from enemies domestic and foreign. You can argue that Iraq was no real threat to the US, but at the time, neither was Osama.

There is nothing in the Constitution that justifies feeding the people, and no, it's not covered under General Welfare. If if was, then the federal government would also be providing houses and cars for all of it's citizens.

Great... Thanks for showing us who you are....

You would let your fellow citizens die at home but spend Trillions in a Shithole in the middle east....

Ideology has taken over your brain to point of loosing reason... You are worshipping two hundred year old dead guys who by the way expected the Constitution to be updated for modern times...

What you mean is:

By the way

You would let your fellow citizens die at home but spend Trillions in a Shithole in the middle east....

Ideology has taken over your brain to point of loosing reason... You are worshipping two hundred year old dead guys who by the way expected the Constitution to be updated for modern times...

its sure doesnt mean stealing from one and giving to another,,,

unless youre saying all the corp. welfare is constitutional too,,,

What you mean is:

By the way

it is not stealing... Economics is a made made construct with flaws...

‘THE TRUE MEASURE OF ANY SOCIETY CAN BE FOUND IN HOW IT TREATS ITS MOST VULNERABLE MEMBERS’ - Mahatma Gandhi...

Nelson Mandela — 'A Nation should not be judged by how it treats its highest citizens, but it's lowest ones'

What you mean is:

By the way

it is not stealing... Economics is a made made construct with flaws...

‘THE TRUE MEASURE OF ANY SOCIETY CAN BE FOUND IN HOW IT TREATS ITS MOST VULNERABLE MEMBERS’ - Mahatma Gandhi...

Nelson Mandela — 'A Nation should not be judged by how it treats its highest citizens, but it's lowest ones'

so youre OK with corp. welfare too??

Forum List

Back