Got this in an email this morning.....Florida Drug Tests

Sunshine

Trust the pie.
Dec 17, 2009
I received this in an email this morning.

GREAT UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL

Great going, Florida . You set the stage for the other 49 States to join! Kudos to Republican Governor Rick Scott for having the correctness and guts to move forward on this critical issue !

Hooray for Florida ! !

I-95 will be jammed for the next month or so........Druggies and deadbeats heading North out of Florida ..
Florida is the first state requiring drug testing to receive welfare!
Hooray for Florida !!!!

In signing the new law, Republican Gov. Rick Scott said, "If Floridians want welfare, they better make sure they are drug-free.

Applicants who test positive for illicit substances won't be eligible for the funds for a year, or until they undergo treatment.

Those who fail a second time would be banned from receiving funds for three years!

Naturally, a few people are crying this is unconstitutional.

How is this unconstitutional ?

It's completely legal that every other working people have to pass drug tests in order to get a J-O-B which supports those on welfare!
Forward if you agree!!

Let's get Welfare back to the ones who NEED it, not those who WON'T get a JOB.....

I AGREE!!!! 100%

Living north of Florida as I do, I am not sure that I find the highlighted portion of this little missive comforting. And what will happen if all 50 states enact this legislation. Drug addicts are not going to straighten up and fly right just because they are evicted. Chances are, they have been evicted many times over in their lives. Subsidized housing is not why they are addicts in the first place, and taking that away will not cure the problem. There are so many fucking reductionists in our government it is no wonder we are in such a mess today.

Last edited:

Great going, Florida . You set the stage for the other 49 States to join! Kudos to Republican Governor Rick Scott for having the correctness and guts to move forward on this critical issue !

Hooray for Florida ! !

I-95 will be jammed for the next month or so........Druggies and deadbeats heading North out of Florida ..
Hooray for Florida !!!!

In signing the new law, Republican Gov. Rick Scott said, "If Floridians want welfare, they better make sure they are drug-free.

Applicants who test positive for illicit substances won't be eligible for the funds for a year, or until they undergo treatment.

Those who fail a second time would be banned from receiving funds for three years!

It's completely legal that every other working people have to pass drug tests in order to get a J-O-B which supports those on welfare!
Forward if you agree!!

Let's get Welfare back to the ones who NEED it, not those who WON'T get a JOB.....

I AGREE!!!! 100%

Living north of Florida as I do, I am not sure that I find the highlighted portion of this little missive comforting. And what will happen if all 50 states enact this legislation. Drug addicts are not going to straighten up and fly right just because they are evicted. Chances are, they have been evicted many times over in their lives. Subsidized housing is not why they are addicts in the first place, and taking that away will not cure the problem. There are so many fucking reductionists in our government it is no wonder we are in such a mess today.
Ever watch Mad Max ?
Get ready.

Hooray for Florida ! !

Hooray for Florida !!!!

Forward if you agree!!

I AGREE!!!! 100%

The first round of testing done at some point this summer produced 2% positive tests, 2% inconclusive and 96% clean. Unless that changes its going to be another wasteful program.

Welfare drug-testing yields 2% positive results | TBO.com

Hooray for Florida ! !

Hooray for Florida !!!!

Forward if you agree!!

I AGREE!!!! 100%

The first round of testing done at some point this summer produced 2% positive tests, 2% inconclusive and 96% clean. Unless that changes its going to be another wasteful program.

Welfare drug-testing yields 2% positive results | TBO.com

There are also a lot of gray areas. One I can think of relates to whom the housing is let. Suppose granny has a child or grandchild living with her who tests positive. Are we going to evict granny?

My guess is Hell Yes. Granny can't even fly in this country, why should she not have to live on the street as well! And if we don't evict granny, who's going to check every night to make sure she doesn't have company?

The ACLU will be on this one like white on rice. And yes, this IS a wasteful program.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back