Got this email - Need feedback.

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
From a friend:

Hey guys,

Any comments to forward to my sister????

WE THE PEOPLE NEED TO IMPEACH BUSH, THAT SON OF A BITCH!! (sorry, really upset)

MY SUDDEN BURST OF OUTRAGE COMES FROM 2 OF THE LATEST OF ALMOST 3,OOO AMERICANS KILLED FOR NO REASON!! THESE AMERICANS WERE TORTURED TO UNBELIEVABLE LENGTHS, DECAPITATED, AND THEIR BODIES LEFT WITH TRAPS SET AROUND THEM!!!!
THIS IS NOT OK, HOW MANY MORE, WHAT ELSE HAS TO HAPPEN TO OUR PEOPLE? BUSH HAS NOTHING TO LOOSE, AS LONG AS EVERYONE ELSE FIGHTS HIS BATTLES!! WE ARE A DEMOCRACY?, RIGHT.... LETS USE THAT RIGHT AND IMPEACH BUSH!!!!
PICTURE YOUR SON, FATHER, HUSBAND, BROTHER, UNCLE, OR FRIEND, NOW PICTURE THEM, BEATIN, SUFFERING, IN PAIN, SO BAD, THEIR HEADS LYING NEXT TO THEIR TORTURED BODIES TREATED LIKE A BUTCHER TREATS A COW!!!! THIS IS NOT HUMANE, NOT AMERICAN!! HE (BUSH) IS NOT WORTH IT!

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

IMPEACH BUSH IMPEACH BUSH IMPEACH BUSH IMPEACH BUSH

SPREAD THIS MESSAGE ALONG- LETS UNITE- AS THE PEOPLE AND DO THIS-- COPY TO EMIAL, PRINT AND GIVE OUT-- DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO STOP THE MADNESS ONCE AND "FOR ALL"

THANK YOU

My reply - but I'd LOVE to send some of y'alls.

Yeah - Your sister is passionate but uninformed.

First off - to Impeach a sitting president one must have a CHARGE against him. What's the charge?
2nd, your sis is VERY shallow and cares NOTHING for the thousands of Iraqis who would be slaughtered in the SAME way should the American defenders simply leave. She's partially correct - but she forgets it's not about BUSH...our presence there is about the People of Iraq. THEY are worth our sacrifice.
3rd, your sis has NO strength of character. Her anger isn't directed at the assholes who killed OUR countrymen, she's upset with THE PRESIDENT. That leap doesn't pass the common sense test.
4th - I can see she's upset...but what the HELL has SHE done to help the people of Iraq? What has SHE done to serve her country? She sits back and makes HUGE illogical leaps in 'reason' and whines and moans.

(shrug).

She wants to picture those two brave heros beaten and tortured - I want to picture American Forces blowing the shit out of some Islamic Terrorist Piss hole. See, I root for the GOOD guys (the USA). She roots for the BAD guys (Terrorists and Liberals).

Hooah.

dmp said:
From a friend:

My reply - but I'd LOVE to send some of y'alls.
First off, she needs to ease up on the Caps Lock or Shift, whichever was used. Second, the whole "IMPEACH BUSH" paragraph was overboard. I think we got the point in the whole idiotic ranting paragraph above that, though the point itself is baseless.

other than that, your response was probably perfect.

Good response! :) Maybe add something about how NO American president, in and of himself, can send this country to war bc war is declared by Congress? So, it isn't really "Bush's War." It's America's war.

She was right about one thing...The torture and decapitation WEREN'T humane or American. These acts were committed by IRAQIS, not Americans. It's part of the reason we're over there: to keep America under the rule of Americans instead of crazed, barbaric Middle-Easterners.

WE THE PEOPLE NEED TO IMPEACH BUSH, THAT SON OF A BITCH!! (sorry, really upset)
D - you're absolutely correct. Impeaching a president requires evidence of criminal activity. To date, the president has not commited anything that remotely resembles a crime.

But, then again, if we could get Bush to lie under oath about a sexual tryst... oh, wait that's not a crime, the Beltway Hillbillies (Hillary and Billary) told us so... never mind

MY SUDDEN BURST OF OUTRAGE COMES FROM 2 OF THE LATEST OF ALMOST 3,OOO AMERICANS KILLED FOR NO REASON!!
The number is 2,400 casualties... that is not "almost 3,000"
Here is a list of "no reasons" for going to war against Iraq...
500 shells filled with Sarin and mustard gas.
1.5 million people found in mass graves
Torture and rape rooms
Jails for kids
Destabilization of the Middle East region. If you think gas prices are high now with a maniac like what's his name in Iran, think of how much you'd be paying now. Gas prices are influenced by futures trading. If the futures traders think the oil flow is going to be disrupted... the price goes up
Fired at United States aircraft
Possession of missiles that had a range above the limit imposed on Saddam per the 1991 ceasefire agreement
Repeated violation of United Nations resolutions regarding Iraq
Mass corruption of the oil for food program
Consensus among intelligence agencies around the world that Saddam was in possession of WMDs
Evidence that Saddam Hussein was contemplating resuming his WMD programs
Hiding his intent to develop WMDs through "dual use" technology, e.g. bio-fertilizers that were milled to weapons grade sized particles. Weapons grade sized particles in fertilizers are useless for farming but can be quickly converted to transporting Anthrax.

THESE AMERICANS WERE TORTURED TO UNBELIEVABLE LENGTHS, DECAPITATED, AND THEIR BODIES LEFT WITH TRAPS SET AROUND THEM!!!!
That is all the more reason to fight the terrorists.
It is better we fight them in the streets of Baghdad than the streets of Anytown, USA.
If we don't fight them, they'll be beheading school children and women in Anytown, USA

TAKE YOUR MEDS TAKE YOUR MEDS TAKE YOUR MEDS TAKE YOUR MEDS

Plus consider the fact that you're being lied to and manipulated by forces operated by foreign governments hostile to our own. Many anti war activist organizations get funding from Cuba and North Korea. Evidence seized on Al-Zarqawi showed that they in fact are involved in a disinformation campaign to demoralize Americans and the troops.

Well, if the President had set up the booby traps, tortured, maimed, and killed the soldiers, I would be all for impeaching him. Guess what, he didn't do that. The terrorists did. Why isn't she calling for action against them?

I suspect it's because she feels we have no power over them. She apparently feels we (the people) have power over Bush...and we do. She wants to wield power in the only place she can...

Of course the usual argument will take you down that road of "if we weren't in Iraq, this wouldn't be happening" which completely ignores all the terrorist attacks that occured in this country prior and up to 9/11. That leads to the argument that Afghanistan was fine but Iraq and Saddam had nothing to do with terrorism (a false argument) and the whole war is unjust and illegal. That argument of course, totally ignores the fact that Saddam violated the PGW I CEASE FIRE (it was not a surrender folks, and there were conditions attached to our ceasing combat operations), it totally ignores the fact that Saddam violated 17 UN resolutions and it ignores the evidence that he did indeed aid, abet and harbor the enemy. In her mind, Bush is respoinsible despite the evidence to the contrary.

The e-mail she forwarded (I presume that is what it is) implies that the President of the US is the one who committed the atrocities. The fact is he is not the one who did. It claims the atrocities are un-American (and they are) but it was not Americans who did such inhuman things...it was the terrorists!

One more minor detail....the fact that someone wrote "PICTURE YOUR SON, FATHER, HUSBAND, BROTHER, UNCLE, OR FRIEND, NOW PICTURE THEM, BEATIN, SUFFERING, IN PAIN, SO BAD, THEIR HEADS LYING NEXT TO THEIR TORTURED BODIES TREATED LIKE A BUTCHER TREATS A COW!!!! " tells me that the perpatrator of this e-mail has never experienced anything even close to what he is trying to portray. Such a visualization is meant to prod the weak minded...it seems to have worked on your sister.

Mr. P said:
Is it just me or does anyone else think this reeks of an uninformed, immature, misguided, poorly educated teenager?
Actually, I think dmp is older than that.....(j/k)

I believe the girl is in her late 20s, actually. Yeah - however old she is, hers is a voice echoed in high schools and colleges around the nation.

Mr. P said:
Is it just me or does anyone else think this reeks of an uninformed, immature, misguided, poorly educated teenager?

yes but if she is hot maybe I can "educate" her.........

manu1959 said:
yes but if she is hot maybe I can "educate" her.........

Not likely manu, most teenagers today are fat/obese.

As for a reply to the email, I think it's been replied to quite well already. Can't think of anything to add other than this "impeach Bush" nonsense is nothing more than a montra from the left. Any reason will do. "He had grape juice with breakfast instead of orange juice... IMPEACH BUSH"!

5stringJeff said:
Darin, ask her if she would have demanded to impeach Lincoln after the first battle of Manassas (Bull Run), at which 2,708 Union soldiers and 1,981 Confederates perished.

http://www.civilwarhome.com/casualties.htm
Better still

Try Antietam --- 12,401 Union , 10,316 Confederate deaths, that was a single day's battle. The bloodiest single day of combat in United States history

or Gettysburg --- 23,049 Union, 28,000 Confederate deaths (almost as many deaths as the entire Vietnam War)--- the result of three days' fighting ---- the bloodiest battle in U.S. history....

ask her, do you think freeing the slaves was worth all that bloodshed?!?!? after all, they were backwards, illiterate and not ready for democracy, and besides, the South didn't invade the North!

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
Mr. P said:
This is a bit of an unfair question though, guys. We know the outcome of the civilwar. This one is up for grabs.

Uh..how so? How is this one 'up for grabs'? Not a chance. The outcome of the war is certain, unless a liberal takes office.

Mr. P said:
This is a bit of an unfair question though, guys. We know the outcome of the civilwar. This one is up for grabs.

Not really. The terrorists are on the run.

Plus, nobody knew the outcome of the Civil War while it was still being fought. If today's Democrats had run the Lincoln White House, the Union would have cut and run after First Manassas, if they even went in anyway, and I would likely be paying my taxes to Richmond and have learned "Dixieland" in school, though I doubt slavery would still be around. Counting inflation, machinery is far cheaper.

OMG - this is RICH guys....I mean - this woman sent back a follow-up to -Cp; I didn't send the replies you guys made back to her, directly - but to the woman who first sent me the email.

-Cp sent this to me this morning:

Well, lets see..... president bush he is the evil behind those brutal killings---- we, us, Americans, should not be in the middle east, so really when it comes down to it, bush, is no better then sadaam!! He is killing our people!!, and we are a democracy, " one man, one vote" but I guess that doesn't really matter, its all set up anyhow, nobody actually voted bush in to begin with, and I'm pretty sure if he were impeached, he would be charged with a crime, last I checked, murder was pretty high up there, or if it pleases you to be so utterly correct, accessory to a murder, conspiracy -- whatever you wish, not to mention the taping American phone lines, ( who really cares, if you have nothing to hide let them listen,) but it is against the law, and for that matter would it please you if I had said boycott bush instead? if everyone, including our soldiers boycotted bush, well then I guess the war would be over ( he certainly aint going there himself) Further more, I don't think the house of reps can do to much about the bush administration should it fail to the public!! and that's why we're a democracy!!! That's all just a play on words! Clearly you understood the message!!

now since your ever so opinionated, explain why it is that we have 8 soldiers on trial, facing the death penalty for killing a armed civilian , during a war, is that not what they were sent by bush, and his administration to do??? Also in my OPINION I DONT agree with WW 2 either, I think we had less business there, then we do in this war, regardless how many people were killed (OVER THERE) or any other war that was NOT OUR WAR!!! We need to focus on America, not them!!

So what it really breaks down to, is that Americans have rules, even in war. So by letting them attack us, forcing us into a war, we attack off our land, and that's the difference between, our dictator, and any other country's,dictator! That's not my opinion, that's fact!!!

I am certainly not writing an e-mail from one occasion of raw emotion, this is called build-up, and im tired of it -- bush has no concern whatsoever for the American public, as he should!! Look at the statistics of soldiers who returned from Iraq, or any middle eastern country, and killed their wives, girlfriends, their own children, and themselves!! What happened to the debriefing process, the war vets don't talk about what they saw in Vietnam, WW 1 WW 2 d-day, the revolutionary war, or any other war, and if they do, its because their not busy killing their family's, and can cope!! What happened to training their pre-trained robotic minds on how to deal with all that?
The bush administration is simply not doing their jobs right!! Why is it that every country we have invaded in the middle east, came up clean? No nuclear war heads, and every other excuse to invade, has been a lie, and lets not forget, if they really want bin laden " the enemy" then why is it that we can turn on CNN and see where our soldiers have been, were they are, and were their going, gee that couldn't possibly be helping "the enemy huh, well that's the media, they will only show you what is allowed to be shown, by the bush administration!!!! Its certainly not what you think it is!!!

So DON'T EVER tell me that I shouldn't write e-mails like that one, EVER!
oh and by the way, the pictures that I saw were certainly not dead, decapitated bodies!! They only showed the government approved regular pictures?
How is any of this ok with you, or better yet Duane, why are you not over in there fighting "the Enemy"? You have 2 boys to carry your name? You were ever so concerned about WW 2, and children being taken from their parents, or parents being taken from their children, what about your children, I'm sure Amy wouldn't mind raising all 5 of them, by herself, so that you could go and get killed? Little different when its about YOU, and YOUR FAMILY!! This concerns several children, now without fathers, and some mothers,--because of their fathers, and its here, not Germany!!!!!! That's over, this is present, I think enough is enough, and enough is right now!!!!

Here's a quote to think about, >NATIONAL DEFENSE AT ANY EXPENCE BUT KEEP OUR BOYS AT HOME Americas first committee

I started to break that down - but holy LORD it's VERY hard to try to debate with somebody so stupid.

dmp said:
OMG - this is RICH guys....I mean - this woman sent back a follow-up to -Cp; I didn't send the replies you guys made back to her, directly - but to the woman who first sent me the email.

-Cp sent this to me this morning:

I started to break that down - but holy LORD it's VERY hard to try to debate with somebody so stupid.

Once entered, a battle of words like this one can only be lost by quitting. Much like terrorism they work to get us to stop bringing up fact and pointing out who is the good guys and why the bad guys are bad. If we stop fighting we end up with only their emotive conversation stoppers like "Bush Lied" going on and on ad infinitum. It becomes more than a mantra of the left, it becomes the only voice out there....

You'll have to answer. Objectively. Point out here self-righteous attitude and the fact that you never said not to send e-mails, only pointed out the lack of logic in the original e-mail. "Don't ever tell me!" is one of their mantras... "They're trying to silence us! To end our free speech!"...

dmp said:
Thanks D -

I did draft a pretty-good reply...

BUT...my web mail crashed and it didn't send. :(

:(

Lost it.

:(

If you'd have been using GMail, a draft would have been saved several times while you were composing it. Oh well. :(

Forum List

Back