"Gosh, I just DON'T UNDERSTAND why ANYONE would VOTE for her"

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
I sure am hearing this quite a bit from the talk radio hosts and their listeners. People appear to be sincerely flummoxed, absolutely and truly clueless, why anyone could vote for Clinton.

Not sure why this needs to be such a mystery. Maybe it isn't. Maybe they're just pretending not to know. I can't tell at this point, anyway. But I'll try to explain.

First, most of her more honest voters (they're out there) will admit she's not very appealing (pick your reasons, there are many potentials) and that they're not terribly excited about her. I'd guess many of them, if not most, would rather have someone else on the ticket. However...

Second, maybe they agree with her on the issues more than they agree with Trump. Issues are pretty important, y'know? In fact, a candidate's stand on the issues is usually the driving force behind voting for them, is it not? And yes, they are different on the issues. Have we forgotten that?

And third, and this is the one that seems to go right over the head of many, there are a lot of people who are horrified by Trump. And, just as with Hillary, there are plenty of reasons from which to choose -- if you're honest. And please don't pretend you can't imagine what they're talking about. In other words: HE. IS. EVEN. WORSE.

Well, there ya go. Two clear reasons. You certainly don't have to agree - I know you won't - but at least you can no longer say you don't understand.

Yer welcome!

Last edited:
The only people willing to vote for Hillary are those who don't care about corruption, the economy or all her foreign policy disasters.

I sure am hearing this quite a bit from the talk radio hosts and their listeners. People appear to be sincerely flummoxed, absolutely and truly clueless, why anyone could vote for Clinton.

Not sure why this needs to be such a mystery. Maybe it isn't. Maybe they're just pretending not to know. I can't tell at this point, anyway. But I'll try to explain.

First, most of her more honest voters (they're out there) will admit she's not very appealing (pick your reasons, there are many potentials) and that they're not terribly excited about her. I'd guess many of them, if not most, would rather have someone else on the ticket. However...

Second, maybe they agree with her on the issues more than they agree with Trump. Issues are pretty important, y'know? In fact, a candidate's stand on the issues is usually the driving force behind voting for them, is it not? And yes, they are different on the issues. Have we forgotten that?

And third, and this is the one that seems to go right over the head of many, there are a lot of people who are horrified by Trump. And, just as with Hillary, there are plenty of reasons from which to choose -- if you're honest. And please don't pretend you can't imagine what they're talking about.

Well, there ya go. Two clear reasons. You certainly don't have to agree - I know you won't - but at least you can no longer say you don't understand.

Yer welcome!

Good post.

Here’s the thing.

If anyone else was running as the Democrat against Trump; they would have my vote. Trump is many things. One of those is a dilettante. An amateur who knows nothing about the issues or, if you want to coin his phrase, “what made America great” in the first place. He is running for the office because of one reason; he thinks it would be a cool gig and it would put another spotlight on him.

If you were to remove both from the tickets and then give me ______ on the democrat side and _______ on the GOP side, my vote would not automatically go for the democrat. At the outset, it would; just because of what I think I knew about them. But
This year, as they developed their campaigns and began to become more and more serious about what type of Presidency they would like to have, who knows if a guy like Rubio or Walker or Fiorina would have landed on some of the issues. Likewise, who knows how the other Democrats would have landed. Sanders; I agree with what he said but it was pretty clear his plans were drawn up as a wish list; not a strategy.

Who in the fuck agrees with amnesty, foreign policy failure, lies, corruption and the 1%?
And #3 is a stupid fucking reason to vote for that slimy ass bitch. You are basically voting in govt sponsored corruption because the other guy said pussy and is a moron.
That makes you a bigger moron than him.
There are other choices. And there is always a write in. Show some fuckin integrity

Gosh, I just DON'T UNDERSTAND why ANYONE would VOTE for someone who has committed SERIOUS FELONIES involving NATIONAL SECURITY.

Hillary deserved a better opponent.

The DNC deserved a better nominee. But, none of the spineless jellyfish were willing to step up to the plate except Bernie and that other dude. So, she should be exactly where she's at right now, and yes -- she did deserve a better opponent, however, consider this:

If Hillary wins, that is evidence that she is a legitimate badass and deserves to be president exactly because Trump has been such a difficult opponent. This is a chance for a woman to beat a man, and that would speak volumes about her and how America feels about her. This has been the biggest challenge she's ever faced in her entire life -- and it's looking like she's gonna win.

Gosh, I just DON'T UNDERSTAND why ANYONE would VOTE for someone who has committed SERIOUS FELONIES involving NATIONAL SECURITY.

Dear jwoodie because people are innocent until proven guilty.
These ppl depend on govt to determine what of those accusations is true or not.

People who don't depend on govt, and who accept responsibility, would refrain.
And say until it's proven there is no criminal abuse or conflict of interest,
it isn't safe to elect someone where other countries could already have
enough dirt to exploit that person for foreign interests.

The people who rely on media and govt and party, don't think that way.
And they assume media and govt and party who told them that nothing wrong happened
will be responsible otherwise, not them. They don't accept responsibility for that.
They vote for leaders and expect the leaders and govt to take all the responsibility for them.

If Hillary and the Democrats and media tell them they will take charge
and be responsible, they believe that, and believe voting for them is all they need to do.
the rest belongs to govt in charge, and that lets them off the hook.

The DNC deserved a better nominee. But, none of the spineless jellyfish were willing to step up to the plate except Bernie and that other dude. So, she should be exactly where she's at right now, and yes -- she did deserve a better opponent, however, consider this:

If Hillary wins, that is evidence that she is a legitimate badass and deserves to be president exactly because Trump has been such a difficult opponent. This is a chance for a woman to beat a man, and that would speak volumes about her and how America feels about her. This has been the biggest challenge she's ever faced in her entire life -- and it's looking like she's gonna win.

Not sure about any of that….

What I am sure about is history. Only Harry Truman and GHWB were able to convince Americans to keep the oval in their party’s hands after 8 years (or 8+ years) of stewardship. Hillary isn’t supposed to be within shouting distance of winning. Yet she is. Volumes have been spoken already IMHO.

And third, and this is the one that seems to go right over the head of many, there are a lot of people who are horrified by Trump. And, just as with Hillary, there are plenty of reasons from which to choose -- if you're honest. And please don't pretend you can't imagine what they're talking about. In other words: HE. IS. EVEN. WORSE.

Yer welcome!

What were the issues?

Yer welcome!
Stop trying to reassure yourself that voting for that corrupt liar is OK because it isn't.

Yer welcome!

You spoke a lot but said nothing.

Let me break this down for you. Issues and policy were important from the get go. First, most of her most honest voters (Good luck!) will tell you they did not give a dang about policy or issues and haven't really in 8 years unless the media told them to pick it up and pretend to be activists. They can't identify anyone's policy if it wasn't a sound bite presented by someone else. Not only could they not identify Sanders' policy they started calling people communists. They began to defend, without even realizing it, policies and people they would never have before. They can recognize it and enjoy pointing it out when it is somebody not on their "team" but had no idea they were pulling the same exact shit.

And she has a track record.

Four days left and it's all about the issues? I don't think so. They have willingly jacked things up for the next four years and then some.

Not sure about any of that….

What I am sure about is history. Only Harry Truman and GHWB were able to convince Americans to keep the oval in their party’s hands after 8 years (or 8+ years) of stewardship. Hillary isn’t supposed to be within shouting distance of winning. Yet she is. Volumes have been spoken already IMHO.

Not sure about what part?

Forum List

Back