GOP Wins Race for Weiner's Seat

Turner had 54 percent of the vote to Weprin's 46 percent in unofficial results.
Not a great margin, if Turner follows the hard line Republican party platform I'd be willing to bet he won't survive the next election and it'll be another 80 years before another Republican is elected to that seat.

that seat's gonna be gone after redistricting

I wonder how McCain/Palin did in that district in the past?

The past....how about the here and now?

Ahh the past, many fail to learn from it.

Interestingly enough NY-9 was one of the top MCCain districts in 2008, did not win but not bad for NY.

9th 43.92% 55.32% Anthony D. Weiner
United States presidential election in New York, 2008 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

that did not format correctly but the 43.92% was for McCain.
NY-9 is obviously more right leaning than most NY districts.

But keep up the hopey changey :beer:

You do realize that it took a lot of democrats in NY-9 to either not vote, or to vote republican, right?
Most people including democrats realize the state of affairs of this country are not going well under your "hopey changey". ;)

Turner had 54 percent of the vote to Weprin's 46 percent in unofficial results.
Not a great margin, if Turner follows the hard line Republican party platform I'd be willing to bet he won't survive the next election and it'll be another 80 years before another Republican is elected to that seat.

that seat's gonna be gone after redistricting

LOL are you trying to say that when political parties lose a seat they try to do advantageous redistricting for their own party?

Nahhhhh......politicians aren't like that....its just like they never vote themselves guaranteed raises in pay during recessons............ :eusa_whistle:

(After picking up the 'consiglieri' at the airport, I engaged this Jewish lawyer and houseguest for the next few days in small talk during the ride back home. He very quickly brought up the point that "Obama was the most anti Israel president he had ever seen during his lifetime." He also made the additional point that if "Israel goes, Western Civilization and Christianity would soon follow") Is America's closet Muslim president dead meat? He is with this Washington State Jewish attorney.)

"September 14, 2011 by Steven Hayward

Panic Time at the White House?

Most of the political prognosticators are focusing on whether Obama can be re-elected if the unemployment rate is still near 9 percent by election day next year, but most of the fancy quantitative political science models suggest that this is the wrong variable (or perhaps the dependent variable if you are into multiple regressions). Most of the models find that the most important economic factor is income growth. If incomes are falling, or growing very slowly, incumbents or the incumbent party usually loses. I’ll put in my caveat here that I’m a skeptic of these kind of quantitative political science models on several grounds, not least of which is that the sample size of presidential elections is just too small to call these model results definitive or statistically robust. But Democrats pointing to Reagan’s landslide re-election in 1984 amidst still high unemployment (still over 7.5 percent on election day) miss that personal income had been growing very fast for more than a year before the election in 1984.

Caveats noted, this morning’s Wall Street Journal brings multiple doses of horrible news for Obama and the Democrats on this front. The lead story is that household income has fallen to 1996 levels when adjusted for inflation. Some of the internal details of the story are even more worrisome: “Earnings of the typical man who works full-time year round fell, and are lower—adjusted for inflation—than in 1978.” So what does Obama want to do? Raise taxes of course.

Meanwhile, Republican Bob Turner won the special election to replace Anthony Weiner in the heavily Democratic district in New York City—the first time a Republican has won that seat in a century. Yet the chairwoman of the DNC, Debbie Wasserman-Schultz, gamely tried to shrug it off saying, “It’s a very difficult district for Democrats.” (Cue Kevin Bacon in Animal House here; “All is well!”) Anger at Obama’s anti-Israel policy is clearly a factor at work in this district, but keep in mind that one factor in Ronald Reagan’s 1980 landslide was anger among Jewish voters about Jimmy Carter’s anti-Israel policy. Reagan got something like 35 percent of the Jewish vote that year—more than twice what Republicans usually get. It was a factor in Reagan winning New York"

Panic Time at the White House? | Power Line

The past....how about the here and now?

Ahh the past, many fail to learn from it.

Interestingly enough NY-9 was one of the top MCCain districts in 2008, did not win but not bad for NY.

9th 43.92% 55.32% Anthony D. Weiner
United States presidential election in New York, 2008 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

that did not format correctly but the 43.92% was for McCain.
NY-9 is obviously more right leaning than most NY districts.

But keep up the hopey changey :beer:

You do realize that it took a lot of democrats in NY-9 to either not vote, or to vote republican, right?
Most people including democrats realize the state of affairs of this country are not going well under your "hopey changey". ;)

The dems lost a seat in nevada too.

Democrats Lose Nevada and New York Special Congressional Elections | Mother Jones

I want zona to come in and say that obama is a shoe-in in next years election.
This was a democratic seat for nearly 100 years. Sounds like there is trouble in paradise with the dems and their teflon leader.

He is NOT Bill Clinton, clinton is the teflon don ;)

Clinton was impeached and left the Presidency 22 million dollars in debt.

That's not "telfon".

This was a democratic seat for nearly 100 years. Sounds like there is trouble in paradise with the dems and their teflon leader.

That's not "telfon".

yeah, we should have a bake sale

That's not "telfon".

He wasn't impeached, they tried to impeach him but failed ;) Teflon Don baby!

:D

That's not "telfon".

They made up for it in the futures markets. They used to call it insider trading.

No he didn't.

Clinton went on the lecture circuit, wrote a book and opened an office in Harlem to advocate for various companies.

He became a money making machine in the private sector.

Omaba's political future: Got forks?

Time for the blame game.

a. Fox News.
b. Bush.
c. The economy.
d. Republicans.
e. All the above.

Blamers are losers.

They made up for it in the futures markets. They used to call it insider trading.

No he didn't.

Clinton went on the lecture circuit, wrote a book and opened an office in Harlem to advocate for various companies.

He became a money making machine in the private sector.

Yes they did. I suggest you do a search before looking foolish.

I already gave the hint. Add cattle to that.

Thanks for playing.

Forum List

Back