GOP Vows To Stay The Party of Obstruction!!!

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
“It is time to chill out, Republicans,” Representative Bob Filner, Democrat of California, said. “Let this bill work. Let our constituents finally get health care.”

But there were no signs of a ceasefire. Senate Democrats said they would take up a budget reconciliation measure containing the final revisions to the health care overhaul shortly after Mr. Obama signs the main bill at the White House ceremony on Tuesday.

Far from sounding a conciliatory note, Senate Republicans said they would employ every procedural maneuver available to try to derail the reconciliation bill, or at least punch holes in it by knocking out key provisions.

Republicans Vow Repeal Effort Against Health Bill - NYTimes.com
It appears the GOP will do anything they think they can just to hurt the Democrats, even if it means more Americans without health care and Americans going bankrupt because of medical expenses.

I am starting to think the current GOP is so lustful of power, they would push American over a cliff just to get a taste of power back.

Can fascism be far behind if they ever win power back?

No, but the Republicans will continue to fight against unconstitutional Bills and the Arm twisting and what should be considered illegal backroom deals that the Democrats made just to get this train wreck passed. But don't worry there is enough opposition to it that it will never fly.

McCollum plans to fight health care bill in court - South Florida Business Journal:

Florida Attorney General Bill McCollum said Monday that he and the attorneys general of nine other states plan to file a lawsuit Tuesday in an effort to block the landmark health care legislation passed by Congress.

The lawsuit, he said, will be filed as soon as President Barack Obama signs the bill into law.

And that is only the beginning.

No, but the Republicans will continue to fight against unconstitutional Bills and the Arm twisting and what should be considered illegal backroom deals that the Democrats made just to get this train wreck passed. But don't worry there is enough opposition to it that it will never fly.

McCollum plans to fight health care bill in court - South Florida Business Journal:

Florida Attorney General Bill McCollum said Monday that he and the attorneys general of nine other states plan to file a lawsuit Tuesday in an effort to block the landmark health care legislation passed by Congress.

The lawsuit, he said, will be filed as soon as President Barack Obama signs the bill into law.

And that is only the beginning.
"to fight against unconstitutional Bills and the Arm twisting and what should be considered illegal backroom deals..."

"should be?" according to whom?

you would never have supported the new US Constitution over teh Articles of Confederation. What kind of an American are you?

:(

FYI no one is saying people shouldn't have access to health care and BTW everyone does.

The issue is does the government have the right to force so called free citizens to buy a specific type of policy?

Good!

I am thrilled to death that they plan to stand and fight against further governmental intrusions against our freedoms. Someone has to do it and if the Republicans should ever get in power again, I pray to God that the Democrats will promise to do the same thing.

We can't trust either party. We need the other party to offset shit like this.

Immie

FYI no one is saying people shouldn't have access to health care and BTW everyone does.

The issue is does the government have the right to force so called free citizens to buy a specific type of policy?

I still wonder when or what they are going to do about Tricare. Now it doesn't count as a "Qualified" Insurance policy. So our military must now purchase additional insurance. And Military retirees will have to purchase supplements. I wonder if Medicare even qualifies?

jesus, we are all adults here. We know how to read between the lines. We listen to talk radio and watch Cable tv. We are capable of interpreting all the winks and nods.

The GOP has a-l-w-a-y-s been anti medicare and anti Social Security.

The GOP has now stumbled on a way to scare the heck out of seniors and the disabled with cries of saving ss and medicare.

shameless

:evil:

jesus, we are all adults here. We know how to read between the lines. We listen to talk radio and watch Cable tv. We are capable of interpreting all the winks and nods.

The GOP has now stumbled on a way to scare the heck out of seniors and the disabled with cries of saving ss and medicare.

shameless

Are you that far gone that you don't understand what this Bill did to 100's of thousands of Seniors? How many used to have Medicare Advantage? You do understand that they can no longer have this? A plan that used to save them lots of Dollars. My father was on it himself up until he was murdered last August. And all you see is Republican fear mongering? Fool the bill killed a very popular medical insurance program, one that many Senior Citizens relied on. And you think they will all forget this?

Good!

I am thrilled to death that they plan to stand and fight against further governmental intrusions against our freedoms. Someone has to do it and if the Republicans should ever get in power again, I pray to God that the Democrats will promise to do the same thing.

Immie

No. They plan to stand and fight against what they consider to be governmental intrusions. Or lest you forget who created the Patriot Act, FISA, and a mess of other things that take away our civil liberties? :eusa_eh:

Edit: And yes, I understand the rest of your post before you ask. I'm just sayin.

shameless

We'd all be better off without SS

I've crunched the numbers many times here and no matter how you slice it 45 years of saving 15% of your own money in a privately held account is always the best option.

you have to wonder if Liberals ever have a happy day in their life.sheesh:cuckoo:

Last edited:
Good!

Immie

No. They plan to stand and fight against what they consider to be governmental intrusions. Or lest you forget who created the Patriot Act, FISA, and a mess of other things that take away our civil liberties? :eusa_eh:

Edit: And yes, I understand the rest of your post before you ask. I'm just sayin.

Actually, I was probably opposed to the UnPatriot Act and FISA before you were.

I despised the plan the moment the President mentioned the Patriot Act and was opposed to FISA the second I heard about it.

Immie

Last edited:

shameless

I've crunched the numbers many times here and no matter how you slice it 45 years of saving 15% of your own money in a privately held account is always the best option.
Except when the markets crash.

shameless

Except that when a person retires they are not going to pull all of their money out of the market in one fell swoop, so they are still much better off than they will be under SS.

I can never understand these kinds of statements. You all seem to think that the day one retires their retirement savings stagnates. Even if the market crashes the day before one retires it doesn't take long for it to recover.

Proper planning near retirement age shields a person from a crash.

Immie

I despised the plan the moment the President mentioned the Patriot Act and was opposed to FISA the second I heard about it.

Immie

Considering I was around 10 when it was created, I wouldn't be surprised. :razz:

Immie

Considering I was around 10 when it was created, I wouldn't be surprised. :razz:

See! That makes me your elder. Listen to me for once! :)

Immie

shameless

even if the markets crash

shameless

Don't have to wait to long for Social Security to be broke. Times a coming real soon. With every baby boomer retiring it is coming. last time predicted was 2025. Quicker if Amnesty passes!!!!

A summary of the GOP strategy on healthcare reform thus far:

Democrats: "We need health care reform"
Republicans: "Liberal fascists! Give us a majority and we'll do it better"
Democrats: "Done, you have majority of both houses"

12 years later, health care is irrefutably worse in every respect for every single person in the United States

Democrats: "We need health care reform"
Republicans: "Liberal fascists! Americans are tired of partisan politics!"
Democrats: "OK, let's compromise"
Republicans: "OK, get rid of half your ideas"
Democrats: "Done"
Republicans: "Too liberal, get rid of half your ideas"
Democrats: "Done. Time to end debate"
Republicans: "Too liberal, we need more debate, we will filibuster to prevent you from voting"
Democrats: "OK, we'll vote--sorry guys, debate is ended. It's time to vote on the bill"
Republicans: "Too liberal, we vote no"
Democrats: "OK, it passed anyway--sorry guys."

One month later

Republicans: "Wait--wait, OK, we have less of a minority now so we can filibuster forever."
Democrats: "Sorry, the bill already passed, we need it to pass the House now"
Republicans: "But we have enough to filibuster"
Democrats: "Sorry, the bill already passed, we need it to pass the House now"
Republicans: "Liberal fascists! You haven't listened to our ideas! You've shut us out of this whole process!"
Democrats: "Sorry, show us your proposal"
Republicans: "Smaller government"
Democrats: "That's not very specific"
Republicans: "OK, here's our detailed proposal--It's our common-sense ideas we spent 12 years not enacting"
Democrats: "OK, we'll add a bunch more of your ideas"
Republicans: "Liberal fascists! You included all these back-room deals"
Democrats: "OK, we'll get rid of the back-room deals"
Republicans: "Liberal fascists! You're using obscure procedural tricks to eliminate the back-room deals!"
Democrats: "No, we're using reconciliation, which both parties have used dozens of times for much larger bills"
Republicans: "Liberal fascists! You're pressuring Congressmen to vote for your bill! Scandal!"
Democrats: "It's called 'whipping', it's been done since 1789"
Republicans: "Liberal fascists! Can't you see the American people don't want this?"
Democrats: "This bill is mildly unpopular (40-50%), doing nothing (your proposal) is extraordinarily unpopular (4-6%)"
Republicans: "We need to start over! We need to start over!"
Democrats: "We should really consider voting--"
Republicans: "Liberal fascists! Start over! Clean slate! Common-sense! America!"

Congress Passes Historic Health Care Reform

:lol:

shameless

Don't have to wait to long for Social Security to be broke. Times a coming real soon. With every baby boomer retiring it is coming. last time predicted was 2025. Quicker if Amnesty passes!!!!

2025? You're being optimistic

Forum List

Back