GOP to Hastert, Cut The Conspiracy Chatter

Psychoblues

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2003
Messages
2,701
Reaction score
142
Points
48
Location
North Missisippi
On Wednesday night, House Speaker Dennis Hastert (R-IL) spun tales of Democratic cabals and hidden agendas for the benefit of hungry reporters. Hastert told The Chicago Tribune that Clinton operatives knew about the allegations and were maybe behind the story's release. "I saw Bill Clinton's adviser, Richard Morris, was saying these guys knew about this all along," he said. "When the base finds out who's feeding this monster, they're not going to be happy.... The people who want to see this thing blow up are ABC News and a lot of Democratic operatives, people funded by George Soros."
But yesterday, when a reporter prodded Hastert to repeat the performance at his press conference, he said, "I only know what I've seen in the press and what I've heard. There's no ultimate, real source of information, but that's what I've read. And that's what I've heard in the press." Later, he said he believed that Democrats "don't have a story to tell. And maybe they're resolving to another way to -- to -- another political tactic."
What gives? Whither his grand conspiratorial suspicions? This morning's Tribune has the answer:
Comments that Hastert made in a Tribune interview suggesting the scandal had been orchestrated by ABC News, Democratic political operatives aligned with the Clinton White House and liberal activist George Soros were considered a serious misstep in national Republican circles, an official said. Senior Republican officials contacted Hastert's office before his news conference Thursday to urge that he not repeat the charges, and he backed away from them in his news conference.
"The Chicago Tribune interview last night--the George Soros defense--was viewed as incredibly inept," a national Republican official said. "It could have been written by [comedian] Jon Stewart."

http://www.tpmmuckraker.com/archives/001740.php


It's all good. Americans will profit enourmously as all this is shaken out in the national dialogue.


Psychoblues
 

musicman

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2004
Messages
5,171
Reaction score
533
Points
48
Location
Ohio
On Wednesday night, House Speaker Dennis Hastert (R-IL) spun tales of Democratic cabals and hidden agendas for the benefit of hungry reporters. Hastert told The Chicago Tribune that Clinton operatives knew about the allegations and were maybe behind the story's release. "I saw Bill Clinton's adviser, Richard Morris, was saying these guys knew about this all along," he said. "When the base finds out who's feeding this monster, they're not going to be happy.... The people who want to see this thing blow up are ABC News and a lot of Democratic operatives, people funded by George Soros."
What's your point? Soros' shitty paw-prints are all over this thing - do you deny it? Given this fourflusher's won-lost record in American politics, it looks like the Democrats would have kicked him to the curb years ago. Now, it may be too late. This is bad, Psychoblues; this could be the end of the Party as we know it.

Psychoblues said:
But yesterday, when a reporter prodded Hastert to repeat the performance at his press conference, he said, "I only know what I've seen in the press and what I've heard. There's no ultimate, real source of information, but that's what I've read. And that's what I've heard in the press." Later, he said he believed that Democrats "don't have a story to tell. And maybe they're resolving to another way to -- to -- another political tactic."
What gives? Whither his grand conspiratorial suspicions?
They are being lined up in a row by investigators. They are the PRECISE focus of the coming inquiry. George Soros has led the Democrat Party into The Little Big Horn. That's what makes THIS tidbit so enjoyable:

Psychoblues said:
This morning's Tribune has the answer:
Bullshit. They WISH they had the answer. The Tribune, tpmmuckraker, George Soros, the Democrat Party, and YOU are playing the most desperate game of "wishing makes it so" I've ever seen in my life:

Psychoblues said:
Comments that Hastert made in a Tribune interview suggesting the scandal had been orchestrated by ABC News, Democratic political operatives aligned with the Clinton White House and liberal activist George Soros were considered a serious misstep in national Republican circles, an official said.
Ah - "an official said". An official WHAT?

Psychoblues said:
Senior Republican officials contacted Hastert's office before his news conference Thursday to urge that he not repeat the charges, and he backed away from them in his news conference.
And why not? The inquiry that will prove the charges beyond a shadow of a doubt is already underway. This is it - ask not for whom the bell tolls.

Psychoblues said:
"The Chicago Tribune interview last night--the George Soros defense--was viewed as incredibly inept," a national Republican official said. "It could have been written by [comedian] Jon Stewart."

http://www.tpmmuckraker.com/archives/001740.php
Just keep repeating that to yourselves over and over, guys. Try tapping your heels together three times and saying, "There's no place like home" while you're at it. Maybe those 5,000 Sioux braves will go away.

Psychoblues said:
It's all good. Americans will profit enourmously as all this is shaken out in the national dialogue.
For once I agree with you, Psychoblues - but probably not for the same reasons. The coming bloodbath is going to make Democrats long for "the good old days" of Rathergate. From these smoking ruins might just emerge a group of sadder but wiser Democrats whose mission statement is, "Guys, we've got to stop lying; it doesn't work in the Internet Age".
 

musicman

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2004
Messages
5,171
Reaction score
533
Points
48
Location
Ohio
We've GOT to put George Soros to work on a cure for cancer. Of course, we accomplish that by having him throw his financial and intellectual support behind the disease as a GOOD thing.
 

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List

Top