GOP threatens voters

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
I've read that the GOP in Iowa threatened to shame voters who chose not to vote by stating their name publicly. While this may be legal it is a pretty nasty thing to do. I personally can't remember a time in this country where politicians treated voters with such contempt. In my opinion, it is a symptom of a much larger disease that has been growing in this country. I'm sure there are stories of democrats doing this as well such as when accusers of BIll clinton were shadowed during the Lewinsky scandal in the 90s. It just seems like the people in power have no real fear of the people anymore.

What drives me nuts is ITS NOT THE VOTE. It's a fucking caucus or primary .

I almost never vote in primaries . It's just a system for the major parties to consolidate power and keep 3rd parties shut out .

I've read that the GOP in Iowa threatened to shame voters who chose not to vote by stating their name publicly. While this may be legal it is a pretty nasty thing to do. I personally can't remember a time in this country where politicians treated voters with such contempt. In my opinion, it is a symptom of a much larger disease that has been growing in this country. I'm sure there are stories of democrats doing this as well such as when accusers of BIll clinton were shadowed during the Lewinsky scandal in the 90s. It just seems like the people in power have no real fear of the people anymore.

Would have helped had you backed up your claim with a link.

It's not the GOP, it's Cruz and it is a tactic that Obama used first.

obamaerased.jpg

Link? Are you sure this isn't about the notices Cruz sent out?

Link? Are you sure this isn't about the notices Cruz sent out?

Give him a break, he's a "super" democrat. Facts are flexible. Probably believes the climate change predictions from 10 years ago that we were 10 years away from global catastrophe, Bill didn't have sex with that woman and that policy differences with Obama are racist.

Any dirty trick these politicians will do to get a vote..
At least the Republicans aren't sending volunteers to "assist" people in voting...
View attachment 61940

So is this for real, or a joke?
Yeah, the Democrats actually got the Black Panthers to "work the polls" in Philadelphia when Obungles ran in '08....

It kind of reminds me of the way the Democrats used to get the KKK to "work the polls", since the only thing that changed was skin color....

"Shaming" people who don't vote is a far cry from intimidating people who do vote and boycotting business owners for their political views.

Forum List

Back