GOP: The Party of Death

It's no embellishment at all.

You're fraudulently invoking scripture to rationalize your aggressive authoritarian politics.

Not in the least bit "Goldwater libertarian", you disingenuous poseur.

Of course it's embellishment and ignorance on your part...

Authoritarian? WOW what an ass you are...compassion, empathy and being your brother's keeper is not authoritarian...it's Christian, which is based on walking in Jesus' footsteps... When am I going to see ONE libertarian idea from you? All I see from you is far right wing authoritarian garbage... the need to punish...

Matthew 25
31 "When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 "Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'

37 "Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'

40 "The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

41 "Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.'

44 "They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?'

45 "He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'

46 "Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."

Well it's clear the lesson of Luke is beyond you...

The use of wealth is the major topic of Luke 16. Wealth can be a blessing or a curse, depending on whether it is used as a means to exercise power, a tool of self-indulgence or a resource to serve others. Wealth's danger is that it can turn our focus toward our own enjoyment, as the rich fool showed in 12:13-21 and as the rich man of 16:19-31 will show. Money is a tool. It is an excellent resource when put to the right use. It can help to build many things of use to others. But to possess money is also to hold a sacred stewardship. Our resources are not to be privately held and consumed but are to be used as a means of generosity, as a way of showing care for our neighbor, as the good Samaritan showed in 10:25-37 and as a restored Zacchaeus will show in 19:1-10.
http://www.biblegateway.com/resources/commentaries/IVP-NT/Luke/Generosity-Handling-Money

I always find it ironic that to the right wing mind, government is only over-intrusive or draconian when it tries to help We, the People...but never over-intrusive or draconian when it starts wars, tortures and kills "others", ease drops, arrests, incarcerates and executes We the People...

Actually, i understand it completely. You, however, seem to think that it somehow supports your twisted idealogy of oppression. it doesnt.

Maybe if you stopped worried about who has money and who does and learn to love people regardless, you wouldnt have this issue.

I always find it ironic that you seem to think that you are helping people by oppressing them and making sure they are suffering.

I see. So oppressing people is a Health Care System that serves all citizens.

And bombing the bejesus out of another nation on the basis of lies, then getting 4000 of our sons and daughters killed for those lies is more liberty for our nation?

And you wonder why the citizens of this nation elected the President, Senate, and Congress that they did!

No oppressing people is forcing them to buy a health insurance package determined not by them but by a bunch of fucking bureaucrats.

If the government wants everyone to have to buy health insurance then fine but at least let me buy what I want.

But no that's not good enough for the progressives who just have to tell me exactly what insurance to buy because they know what the best choice is. And if I disagree i have the honor of being slapped with a draconian tax.

This is control not compassion.

You do realize that everyone dies right? Death and taxes are the only things in this life that are unavoidable.

Billions of people have lived and died with and without health insurance before this bill was ever concieved. Billions of people will live and die after this bill fails miserably.

Oh, and i know you refuse to accept this but the reason we opposite this monstrousity isnt because we want people the die. Its quite the opposite. We dont want you and your friends in washington telling our parents and grandparents and someday us that our lives are worthless and we should die so we dont burden the rest of society. As Obama has already been doing.

Where is the proof that Obama ever said that??? You didn't post it because he NEVER said anything like that. I know you want me to just smile and pay no attention to your evil remarks, but I refuse. You are a damn LIAR!!!!!!!!

who do you think stands to lose care with 500 billion to a trillion dollars in cuts to medicare? hmmm?

The insurance companies the Republicans gave corporate welfare to...

When I posted an article on 9/18 about the Harvard Medical School Study links 45,000 U.S. deaths to lack of insurance you right wingers said they deserve to die...

You right wingers are unconscionable...

You do realize that everyone dies right? Death and taxes are the only things in this life that are unavoidable.

Billions of people have lived and died with and without health insurance before this bill was ever concieved. Billions of people will live and die after this bill fails miserably.

Oh, and i know you refuse to accept this but the reason we opposite this monstrousity isnt because we want people the die. Its quite the opposite. We dont want you and your friends in washington telling our parents and grandparents and someday us that our lives are worthless and we should die so we dont burden the rest of society. As Obama has already been doing.

Where is the proof that Obama ever said that??? You didn't post it because he NEVER said anything like that. I know you want me to just smile and pay no attention to your evil remarks, but I refuse. You are a damn LIAR!!!!!!!!

Actions speak louder than words. Obama stated that Medicare needed to be cut by $500m. He also should understand that adding all these people to the health care system will cause rationing. Since older people use the health care system more frequently, they will be most effected. Pull your head out of the sand. We'are tired of having to see your big ass in the air.

The Party of Death: GOP Says Stop Effort to Halt Health Care Deaths, But Escalate War

November 25, 2009

David Sirota

Republicans are really going on record as being objectively pro-death – and frankly, the message is even more blatantly pro-death than even Rep. Alan Grayson (courageously) made it out to be.

Think about it: On health care, Republicans are arguing that Democrats are “rushing” legislation through Congress – legislation that would bring down the astronomical number of deaths that occur thanks to our broken health care system. At the same time, they are attacking President Obama for not more quickly escalating the Afghanistan War – an escalation that would likely result in a large number of American and Afghan deaths.

Clearly, it’s mathematically absurd to insist that Democrats are moving too fast on a universal health care initiative that’s been debated for 50 years*, but too slow on a 2-month-old plan for an Afghanistan escalation. But that discrepancy is not nearly as important a point as Republicans’ very clear message: They want to block the effort to stop 45,000 Americans from dying every year for lack of health care, and move forward a plan that would potentially result in 40,000 more American soldiers dying in Afghanistan.

And so, I’ll just say it again: The Republican Party has turned into the Party of Death – a party that is, in sum, advocating a twin health care and war agenda that would almost certainly result in more American deaths. Indeed, if, as the GOP wants, health care does not pass, and the Afghanistan War is escalated, the number of American deaths will almost certainly rise in the short term, and probably continue rising in the long term.That’s not an interpretation of speculation – and I defy anyone to try to make an argument to the contrary.

David Sirota: The Party of Death: GOP Says Stop Effort to Halt Health Care Deaths, But Escalate War

How many unborn babies does Grayson want to kill (courageously) using federal tax dollars ? ........ :eusa_whistle:

The Party of Death: GOP Says Stop Effort to Halt Health Care Deaths, But Escalate War

November 25, 2009

David Sirota

Republicans are really going on record as being objectively pro-death – and frankly, the message is even more blatantly pro-death than even Rep. Alan Grayson (courageously) made it out to be.

Think about it: On health care, Republicans are arguing that Democrats are “rushing” legislation through Congress – legislation that would bring down the astronomical number of deaths that occur thanks to our broken health care system. At the same time, they are attacking President Obama for not more quickly escalating the Afghanistan War – an escalation that would likely result in a large number of American and Afghan deaths.

Clearly, it’s mathematically absurd to insist that Democrats are moving too fast on a universal health care initiative that’s been debated for 50 years*, but too slow on a 2-month-old plan for an Afghanistan escalation. But that discrepancy is not nearly as important a point as Republicans’ very clear message: They want to block the effort to stop 45,000 Americans from dying every year for lack of health care, and move forward a plan that would potentially result in 40,000 more American soldiers dying in Afghanistan.

And so, I’ll just say it again: The Republican Party has turned into the Party of Death – a party that is, in sum, advocating a twin health care and war agenda that would almost certainly result in more American deaths. Indeed, if, as the GOP wants, health care does not pass, and the Afghanistan War is escalated, the number of American deaths will almost certainly rise in the short term, and probably continue rising in the long term.That’s not an interpretation of speculation – and I defy anyone to try to make an argument to the contrary.

David Sirota: The Party of Death: GOP Says Stop Effort to Halt Health Care Deaths, But Escalate War

Alinsky would be proud :rolleyes:

Actions speak louder than words. Obama stated that Medicare needed to be cut by $500m. He also should understand that adding all these people to the health care system will cause rationing. Since older people use the health care system more frequently, they will be most effected. Pull your head out of the sand. We'are tired of having to see your big ass in the air.

Answer the question, fool. Or did you think your crude comment would hide the fact that you ignored the issue?? I even highlighted the question I want answered. I'll try again. Why did you say:

"We dont want you and your friends in washington telling our parents and grandparents and someday us that our lives are worthless and we should die so we dont burden the rest of society. As Obama has already been doing".

You know that is a damn lie. Why not just present the facts without making up lies??? Because it doesn't work for you, that's why. You're an ignorant liar, straight up.

Brgrn: USMB's answer to Jimmy Swaggert. He's got Scripture quotes to brighten the darkest day!

Answer the question, fool. Or did you think your crude comment would hide the fact that you ignored the issue?? I even highlighted the question I want answered. I'll try again. Why did you say:

"We dont want you and your friends in washington telling our parents and grandparents and someday us that our lives are worthless and we should die so we dont burden the rest of society. As Obama has already been doing".

You know that is a damn lie. Why not just present the facts without making up lies??? Because it doesn't work for you, that's why. You're an ignorant liar, straight up.

Google: Ezekiel Emanuel, Eugenics, John Holdren Cass Sunstein

Come back once a grown up has read the articles to you

Couple of quick points;

1. YOU have no say over what I answer or don't answer.
2. I answered one of your questions. You just didn't like the answer. Tough.
3. I DID NOT make the comment you highlighted and wanted answered. So I didn't feel replying was mandatory.
4. Obama stated that Medicare needed to be cut by $500m. That is a fact.
5. He also should understand that adding all these people to the health care system will cause rationing. Since older people use the health care system more frequently, they will be most effected. Also a reasonable conclusion.
6. Judging from your blind rage, I'd say the big ass comment was right on the mark. A comment that I wouldn't normally make, but you have been so uncivil to many people here, I didn't have a problem with it. Grow up missy and you can sit at the big people table at Christmas.

The GOP is the party of a lot of things. I came across this article and I think it describes them perfectly. I recommend it be read in its entirety Here is a portion of it:

And the mere fact that the GOP is willing to espouse outrageous propositions, then use incendiary rhetoric to incite reactionary wingnuts to try to shove their agenda down America's throat, clearly demonstrates how dangerous the GOP has become as a political entity. It shows that they hold the intelligence of the American people in absolute disdain, and that they believe that propaganda, if repeated often and loudly enough, will overwhelm America's common sense. And again, it also betrays a chilling and grossly irresponsible willingness to throw America under the bus in an attempt to regain power, during a time when the country needs solidarity more than ever.

The GOP has left President Obama with two wars, the worst financial decline since the Great Depression, and a national infrastructure that is literally falling apart. Yet, instead of responsibly stepping up to the plate to help find viable solutions for the hardships they've left on the American people, they're indulging in obstructionism, the protection of fat cats to the detriment of the average American, and the incitement of social bigotry through the use of subliminal messaging. These are clearly the actions of people who are totally devoid of any sense of patriotism.

While the GOP claims to be fighting for "small government," that's transparently not the case. The fact is, while they want a government too small in its oversight capabilities to regulate their corruption and greed, they were more than willing to violate the law to ensure a government that was expansive enough to spy on American citizens. And while they claim to want lower taxes, they only want lower taxes for fat cats and corporations, while they fight to ensure that those very same corporations are allowed to, literally, "tax" the average citizen out of life and limb by inflating prices of gas, food, housing, and health care. So even if they do fight for lower taxes, it's only so they can transplant those funds from government coffers to their own.

But the key to selling their bogus claims is dependent on deluding the American people into thinking that a huge ground swell of Americans support their fraudulent point of view. The GOP tries to do that by whipping some of the most undereducated people in the country into a frenzy, and then promoting raucous demonstrations as photo ops. By doing so, they're betting on the fact the American people are so dumb that they don't realize that with a population of 308 million people in the United States, it's easy for Fox News to squeeze enough people into a television screen to make virtually any issue seem like they have a ground swell of support from the masses. By using that technique, one can even show a ground swell of support for child molestation.

It's time for America to wake up (liberal and conservative alike) and put a stop to these people. They're gradually chipping away at American ideals and replacing them with their own. In eight short years they've amended the American ideal that torture is un-American to read, "Well, that depends," that America should only invade a sovereign nation in self-defense to read, "Unless we don't like them," and that all Americans have the right to privacy and due process under the law, to "accept if some bureaucrat decides that ain't cool."

The behavior of the GOP suggests the following:

1."The great masses of the people will more easily fall victim to a big lie than to a small one."

2. " I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator

3."The broad masses of a population are more amenable to the appeal of rhetoric than to any other force."

4."The [Republican party] should not become a constable of public opinion, but must dominate it. It must not become a servant of the masses, but their master!"

5."Sooner will a camel pass through a needle's eye than a great man be 'discovered' by an election."

All of the above quotations comes directly from Adolph Hitler in Mien Kampf.

So this is not just an exercise in hyperbole. It is essential that Americans take this assault on our way of life seriously. It is incumbent upon all Americans — again, both liberal and conservative — to look back at how far we've drifted away from our ideals during the Bush era. Even Bush himself said, "I have no problem with a dictatorship. Just as long as I'm the dictator." Just imagine the kind of firestorm that would result if President Obama said something like that.

Could GOP Leaders Possibly Believe Their Own Rhetoric? - Blogcritics Politics

THEN make the effort to find out the truth instead of parroting right wing LIES...

Ezekiel Emanuel on Euthanasia

Given that old academic writings by Ezekiel Emanuel are entering Betsy McCaughey's Nonsensatronic 3000 and emerging as coded arguments for euthanasia (or, more evocatively, "death panels"), it's probably worth seeing what the former bioethicist and current OMB adviser has actually said about euthanasia. Luckily, it's easy to find. In 1997, Emanuel wrote a long article on the subject for the Atlantic. The subtitle stated his opinion pretty clearly: "America should think again before pressing ahead with the legalization of physician-assisted suicide and voluntary euthanasia." Nor was his conclusion particularly opaque. "The proper policy, in my view, should be to affirm the status of physician-assisted suicide and euthanasia as illegal."

The italics are his, not mine. And the article, incidentally, is worth reading in full. I've always been a strong supporter of a right to die, but Emanuel's piece left me a lot less sure of that position than I used to be.

By Ezra Klein | August 11, 2009; 9:02 AM ET

Ezra Klein - Ezekiel Emanuel on Euthanasia

The GOP is the party of a lot of things. I came across this article and I think it describes them perfectly. I recommend it be read in its entirety Here is a portion of it:

And the mere fact that the GOP is willing to espouse outrageous propositions, then use incendiary rhetoric to incite reactionary wingnuts to try to shove their agenda down America's throat, clearly demonstrates how dangerous the GOP has become as a political entity. It shows that they hold the intelligence of the American people in absolute disdain, and that they believe that propaganda, if repeated often and loudly enough, will overwhelm America's common sense. And again, it also betrays a chilling and grossly irresponsible willingness to throw America under the bus in an attempt to regain power, during a time when the country needs solidarity more than ever.

The GOP has left President Obama with two wars, the worst financial decline since the Great Depression, and a national infrastructure that is literally falling apart. Yet, instead of responsibly stepping up to the plate to help find viable solutions for the hardships they've left on the American people, they're indulging in obstructionism, the protection of fat cats to the detriment of the average American, and the incitement of social bigotry through the use of subliminal messaging. These are clearly the actions of people who are totally devoid of any sense of patriotism.

While the GOP claims to be fighting for "small government," that's transparently not the case. The fact is, while they want a government too small in its oversight capabilities to regulate their corruption and greed, they were more than willing to violate the law to ensure a government that was expansive enough to spy on American citizens. And while they claim to want lower taxes, they only want lower taxes for fat cats and corporations, while they fight to ensure that those very same corporations are allowed to, literally, "tax" the average citizen out of life and limb by inflating prices of gas, food, housing, and health care. So even if they do fight for lower taxes, it's only so they can transplant those funds from government coffers to their own.

But the key to selling their bogus claims is dependent on deluding the American people into thinking that a huge ground swell of Americans support their fraudulent point of view. The GOP tries to do that by whipping some of the most undereducated people in the country into a frenzy, and then promoting raucous demonstrations as photo ops. By doing so, they're betting on the fact the American people are so dumb that they don't realize that with a population of 308 million people in the United States, it's easy for Fox News to squeeze enough people into a television screen to make virtually any issue seem like they have a ground swell of support from the masses. By using that technique, one can even show a ground swell of support for child molestation.

It's time for America to wake up (liberal and conservative alike) and put a stop to these people. They're gradually chipping away at American ideals and replacing them with their own. In eight short years they've amended the American ideal that torture is un-American to read, "Well, that depends," that America should only invade a sovereign nation in self-defense to read, "Unless we don't like them," and that all Americans have the right to privacy and due process under the law, to "accept if some bureaucrat decides that ain't cool."

The behavior of the GOP suggests the following:

1."The great masses of the people will more easily fall victim to a big lie than to a small one."

2. " I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator

3."The broad masses of a population are more amenable to the appeal of rhetoric than to any other force."

4."The [Republican party] should not become a constable of public opinion, but must dominate it. It must not become a servant of the masses, but their master!"

5."Sooner will a camel pass through a needle's eye than a great man be 'discovered' by an election."

All of the above quotations comes directly from Adolph Hitler in Mien Kampf.

So this is not just an exercise in hyperbole. It is essential that Americans take this assault on our way of life seriously. It is incumbent upon all Americans — again, both liberal and conservative — to look back at how far we've drifted away from our ideals during the Bush era. Even Bush himself said, "I have no problem with a dictatorship. Just as long as I'm the dictator." Just imagine the kind of firestorm that would result if President Obama said something like that.

Could GOP Leaders Possibly Believe Their Own Rhetoric? - Blogcritics Politics

Guaranteed to find at least one of Alinsky's Rules inside every Librul Post!

THEN make the effort to find out the truth instead of parroting right wing LIES...

Given that old academic writings by Ezekiel Emanuel are entering Betsy McCaughey's Nonsensatronic 3000 and emerging as coded arguments for euthanasia (or, more evocatively, "death panels"), it's probably worth seeing what the former bioethicist and current OMB adviser has actually said about euthanasia. Luckily, it's easy to find. In 1997, Emanuel wrote a long article on the subject for the Atlantic. The subtitle stated his opinion pretty clearly: "America should think again before pressing ahead with the legalization of physician-assisted suicide and voluntary euthanasia." Nor was his conclusion particularly opaque. "The proper policy, in my view, should be to affirm the status of physician-assisted suicide and euthanasia as illegal."

The italics are his, not mine. And the article, incidentally, is worth reading in full. I've always been a strong supporter of a right to die, but Emanuel's piece left me a lot less sure of that position than I used to be.

Are you ignorant of Emanuel's "Complete Lives System"?

Couple of quick points;

3. I DID NOT make the comment you highlighted and wanted answered. So I didn't feel replying was mandatory.
5. He also should understand that adding all these people to the health care system will cause rationing. Since older people use the health care system more frequently, they will be most effected. Also a reasonable conclusion.
6. Judging from your blind rage, I'd say the big ass comment was right on the mark. A comment that I wouldn't normally make, but you have been so uncivil to many people here, I didn't have a problem with it. Grow up missy and you can sit at the big people table at Christmas.

You are still lying. A lie, is a lie, is a lie. And your other comments have nothing to do with anything. Why are you so preoccupied with my ass?? And I am not uncivil. You and your pals have been rude to me since day one and you try to turn it around as though it were me.

I swear that I think you are a bunch of psychopaths. Maybe I wouldn't confuse you with each other if it didn't take 3 of you asses to take on one liberal. Go play on the freeway.

November 25, 2009

David Sirota

How many unborn babies does Grayson want to kill (courageously) using federal tax dollars ? ........ :eusa_whistle:

None!! How many do you want to kill with your retarded views on politics and healthcare?? :eusa_whistle:

Couple of quick points;

You are still lying. A lie, is a lie, is a lie. And your other comments have nothing to do with anything. Why are you so preoccupied with my ass?? And I am not uncivil. You and your pals have been rude to me since day one and you try to turn it around as though it were me.

I swear that I think you are a bunch of psychopaths. Maybe I wouldn't confuse you with each other if it didn't take 3 of you asses to take on one liberal. Go play on the freeway.

Point out what you think I said, that you feel is not true. I treated you very nicely, until you became rude. I am "preoccupied" with your BIG ass, because I am less interested in your opinion, due to rudeness and few intelligent retorts. Believe me, I'd much rather discuss a topic than think about a BIG ass. Your choice. BTW, you seem preoccupied with my ass now.

Are you ignorant of Emanuel's "Complete Lives System"?

You MEAN...Principles for allocation of scarce medical interventions

Now Frank, do you KNOW what it is about or are you THAT ignorant?

Department of Ethics

Principles for allocation of scarce medical interventions

Govind Persad, Alan Wertheimer, Ezekiel J Emanuel

Allocation of very scarce medical interventions such as organs and vaccines is a persistent ethical challenge. We evaluate eight simple allocation principles that can be classified into four categories: treating people equally, favouring the worst-off , maximising total benefits, and promoting and rewarding social usefulness. No single principle is sufficient to incorporate all morally relevant considerations and therefore individual principles must be combined into multiprinciple allocation systems. We evaluate three systems: the United Network for Organ Sharing points systems, quality-adjusted life-years, and disability-adjusted life-years. We recommend an alternative system—the complete lives system—which prioritises younger people who have not yet lived a complete life, and also incorporates prognosis, save the most lives, lottery, and instrumental value principles.

In health care, as elsewhere, scarcity is the mother of allocation. Although the extent is debated, the scarcity of many specific interventions—including beds in intensive care units, organs, and vaccines during pandemic influenza—is widely acknowledged. For some interventions, demand exceeds supply. For others, an increased supply would necessitate redirection of important resources, and allocation decisions would still be necessary.

November 25, 2009

David Sirota

None!! How many do you want to kill with your retarded views on politics and healthcare?? :eusa_whistle:

Abortion threatens House health care bill

And HOW did GRAYSON vote?

CONGRESSMAN GRAYSON PROUDLY SUPPORTS AFFORDABLE HEALTH CARE FOR AMERICA ACT (Washington, DC) – Congressman Alan Grayson voted tonight in favor of the Affordable Health Care for America Act. The bill...…:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back