GOP Senators Question $1M Salary for Boys and Girls Club CEO

&

☭proletarian☭

WASHINGTON -- A group of Republican senators is questioning high salaries and expensive travel bills for executives at the Boys & Girls Clubs of America, raising issues that could jeopardize millions in federal funding for the national charity.
The four senators said they were concerned that the chief executive of a charity that has been closing local clubs for lack of funding was compensated nearly $1 million in 2008. They also questioned why in the same year officials spent $4.3 million on travel, $1.6 million on conferences, conventions and meetings, and $544,000 in lobbying fees.
FOXNews.com - GOP Senators Question $1M Salary for Boys and Girls Club CEO

☭proletarian☭;2090453 said:
WASHINGTON -- A group of Republican senators is questioning high salaries and expensive travel bills for executives at the Boys & Girls Clubs of America, raising issues that could jeopardize millions in federal funding for the national charity.
The four senators said they were concerned that the chief executive of a charity that has been closing local clubs for lack of funding was compensated nearly $1 million in 2008. They also questioned why in the same year officials spent $4.3 million on travel, $1.6 million on conferences, conventions and meetings, and $544,000 in lobbying fees.
FOXNews.com - GOP Senators Question $1M Salary for Boys and Girls Club CEO

Hmm, interesting to see what responses come about here, cause I recall a lot of blasting of Obama and dems when they criticized high CEO salaries, and here the republicans are doing it.

But anyway, I think what some of what these CEOs make is absurd, and how they will lay people off to make up lost profit, but continue to pay already millionaires these absurds amounts of money. Now, 1 million is a far cry from 20+ million other CEOs get, but one year of work and you can live your life luxuriously, yet the CEOs continue to get more and more money, at the expense of the consumer or their workers.

can't complain about ceo's bonuses and salaries because that is communism

I don't see any problem here. They are a tax exempt charity that has received Millions of $$ of tax payer money- any organization that receives money from the taxpayers should be scrutinized.

I don't see any problem here. They are a tax exempt charity that has received Millions of $$ of tax payer money- any organization that receives money from the taxpayers should be scrutinized.

so you think all the bailed out companies should be scrutinuzed then too and that aig etc were wrong for waht they did?

so you think all the bailed out companies should be scrutinuzed then too and that aig etc were wrong for waht they did?

They should never have been bailed out. They should have been allowed to fail. They took taxpayer money, they will have to deal with the consequences until they pay back every dime. I would never buy a product from any of them. They are ZOMBIE companies that should not be in existence. It is not the governments job to bail out companies.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back