GOP Senator: It’s ‘Premature’ To Talk About Impeaching Clinton

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
581b5d501600002f002c8342.jpeg

Let’s focus on making it to Nov. 8.

WASHINGTON ― Senate Majority Whip John Cornyn (R-Texas) earlier this week called recent talk of impeaching Hillary Clinton if she is elected “premature.”

The election is five days away, but a number of Republicans have already begun floating the idea of impeaching the Democrat if she wins the White House. Republican nominee Donald Trump has amped up talk on the trail that a Clinton presidency would lead to a “constitutional crisis” based on the presumption that the FBI’s acquisition of new emails will lead to an indictment.

Cornyn, the No. 2 Republican in the Senate, downplayed some of that talk in a Tuesday interview with “The Wells Report” on 660 AM The Answer.

“Well, I think that’s premature myself, to be talking about that because of course she hasn’t been elected or sworn into office,” Cornyn said. “And unless there is some additional evidence that the FBI director and the [Justice Department] would take to a grand jury, then she is not likely to be convicted of a crime.”

Premature? Why yes, I would say it is. Why do Republicans love to play the impeachment card - when they don't control the White House? They act like they are somehow ordained to rule.

WASHINGTON ― Senate Majority Whip John Cornyn (R-Texas) earlier this week called recent talk of impeaching Hillary Clinton if she is elected “premature.”

The election is five days away, but a number of Republicans have already begun floating the idea of impeaching the Democrat if she wins the White House. Republican nominee Donald Trump has amped up talk on the trail that a Clinton presidency would lead to a “constitutional crisis” based on the presumption that the FBI’s acquisition of new emails will lead to an indictment.

Cornyn, the No. 2 Republican in the Senate, downplayed some of that talk in a Tuesday interview with “The Wells Report” on 660 AM The Answer.

“Well, I think that’s premature myself, to be talking about that because of course she hasn’t been elected or sworn into office,” Cornyn said. “And unless there is some additional evidence that the FBI director and the [Justice Department] would take to a grand jury, then she is not likely to be convicted of a crime.”

Premature? Why yes, I would say it is. Why do Republicans love to play the impeachment card - when they don't control the White House? They act like they are somehow ordained to rule.
They'll float it out there the whole time Hillary is in office, but just like with President Obama, they won't have the balls to do anything more than talk about it.

They'll float it out there the whole time Hillary is in office, but just like with President Obama, they won't have the balls to do anything more than talk about it.

Maybe, but we must remember they are rabid crazy.

That's precious when Hillarious thinks she's "entitled" to her turn, and to be America's first Queen.

That's precious when Hillarious thinks she's "entitled" to her turn, and to be America's first Queen.

It doesn't matter what she may think - it's what the voters think. We'll know soon...

When she receives more votes, she will be "entitled" to be our president. There has never been any doubt that is exactly what will happen. If the GOP still exists in four years, you can try again, but if you don't gain some sanity during those four years, the result will be the same then too.

What are they going to charge her with ? Humiliating conservatives ? Being a girl?

What are they going to charge her with ? Humiliating conservatives ? Being a girl?
Being a girl? The statute of limitations has long since expired on that. I was thinking racketeering, treason and that kind of thing.

Racketeering? Treason? Does Hillary also have ties to Russian mobsters?

Yup, and the money came through a Canadian company where they don't have to disclose the contributors. What's pathetic is you know this and won't admit it.

Being a girl? The statute of limitations has long since expired on that. I was thinking racketeering, treason and that kind of thing.

Of course you are. You are always thinking such stupid things.
Everybody's thinking " such stupid things" and it's easy to see why.

Only in your little bubble

Yup, and the money came through a Canadian company where they don't have to disclose the contributors. What's pathetic is you know this and won't admit it.
we know it's a LIE.... you do tooo, it's been debunked by everyone and their brother....

we know it's a LIE.... you do tooo, it's been debunked by everyone and their brother....

Then produce the donor list from the Canadian company. You can't, you're just a parrot for the Clintoon carnival.

I heard a local conservative talk radio host thing morning say that not voting for Trump is treason.

That party really needs to ease up on the crazy throttle across the board and calm the fuck down.

Nope The GOP motto is "CRANK UP THE CRAZY, AND RIP OFF THE KNOB" that motto became official when they chose Trump

Impeachment if Hillary wins is a near certainty. That would be true of any president-elect under FBI investigation and with the stain of such a plethora of scandals. The only question is which of them will be used.

Indeed, a Hillary presidency would be a Pyrrhic victory for the Democrats in any foreseeable scenario.

Forum List

Back