GOP Senator Celebrates His Vote Against Gay Marriage By Attending Son's Gay Marriage

You just won't stop with your nonsense , will you? I don't know if you are trying to convince yourself, or me that laws limiting marriage to a man and a woman were not discriminaotry. The law does not have to be applied differently to gays vs. straights. The fact is that it had a different effect on each group. Give it up already. You're sounding foolish!
So tell me how the law as written in those states was applied in a way that discriminated against anyone without talking about peoples feelings or attractions which the law doesnt care about. The law as it's currently written is discriminatory per you definition.

So tell me how the law as written in those states was applied in a way that discriminated against anyone without talking about peoples feelings or attractions which the law doesnt care about. The law as it's currently written is discriminatory per you definition.
why would the state want people to marry that don't like one another or aren't attracted? What benefit does that give the state?

Marriage is something we as a society should encourage and support, so why on Earth would we want to discourage people that aren't willing to build a life together from doing it?

why would the state want people to marry that don't like one another or aren't attracted? What benefit does that give the state?

Marriage is something we as a society should encourage and support, so why on Earth would we want to discourage people that aren't willing to build a life together from doing it?
That state just doesn’t care one way or another. Show me in a statute where thats a requirement. You don’t even have to know the person youre marrying let alone love them.

That state just doesn’t care one way or another. Show me in a statute where thats a requirement. You don’t even have to know the person youre marrying let alone love them.
oh don’t but, yes the state cares…that’s why they encourages marriages

oh don’t but, yes the state cares…that’s why they encourages marriages
You think the state cares if you love the person you're married to? Wouldnt they put that in the law if they did? Am I not able to marry someone I hate legally?

You think the state cares if you love the person you're married to? Wouldnt they put that in the law if they did? Am I not able to marry someone I hate legally?
no they assume you do, hence why you marry them. that’s why they prosecute fraud marriage when you via immigration laws

what do you think the point of marriage is?

no they assume you do, hence why you marry them. that’s why they prosecute fraud marriage when you via immigration laws

what do you think the point of marriage is?

They prosecute fraud marriages because you are breaking the immigration laws not because you've broken some marriage law. Tell me what statute they prosecute things like that under. It isnt your states marriage statute. Since the Federal Government is prosecuting you it cant be.

Doesnt matter what I think the point of marriage.

If I thought marriage was just so I had a steady person to sleep with, could I not get married?

If I thought it was just to procreate. Could I not get married?

You can get married to someone you've never met and never meet them, and guess what you're still legally married as far as the state is concerned and they DONT GIVE A SHIT.

Show me in any state law where there's a requirement for you to love or be attracted to the person you're marrying. Are you married? When's the last time someone from the state showed up at your house making sure you and your spouse were in a loving, caring relationship?

....... without talking about peoples feelings or attractions which the law doesnt care about. ?

Well I can't do that because "feeling. love, and attraction are part of the equation. If you really believe that it is not, you must have a very empty life.

YOU on the other hand cannot explain how limiting marriage to a man and a woman is NOT discrimination unless you totally ignore the human factor

I suspect that either you are smart enough to know that you are full of shit, but lack the intergrety and intestinal fortitutde to admit it, OR you are a souless sociopath that does not value the depth of human relationships.

Fortuatly, Justice Kennedy does have a soul

But it’s Justice Anthony Kennedy’s majority, and the last paragraph, all 124 words, that is exquisite.

“No union is more profound than marriage, for it embodies the highest ideals of love, fidelity, devotion, sacrifice, and family. In forming a marital union, two people become something greater than once they were. As some of the petitioners in these cases demonstrate, marriage embodies a love that may endure even past death. It would misunderstand these men and women to say they disrespect the idea of marriage. Their plea is that they do respect it, respect it so deeply that they seek to find its fulfillment for themselves. Their hope is not to be condemned to live in loneliness, excluded from one of civilization’s oldest institutions. They ask for equal dignity in the eyes of the law. The Constitution grants them that right.”

Yes, Love, devotion, fullfilment and dignity! You would callously rob gay people of all of that.

I suppose that another posibility is that you do not think that gay people are deserving of all of that , OR that they just do not have those nedds and FEELINGS. In any case, I have made my case and you are looking like a fool and most everyone here knows it.

They prosecute fraud marriages because you are breaking the immigration laws not because you've broken some marriage law. Tell me what statute they prosecute things like that under. It isnt your states marriage statute. Since the Federal Government is prosecuting you it cant be.

Doesnt matter what I think the point of marriage.

If I thought marriage was just so I had a steady person to sleep with, could I not get married?

If I thought it was just to procreate. Could I not get married?

You can get married to someone you've never met and never meet them, and guess what you're still legally married as far as the state is concerned and they DONT GIVE A SHIT.

Show me in any state law where there's a requirement for you to love or be attracted to the person you're marrying. Are you married? When's the last time someone from the state showed up at your house making sure you and your spouse were in a loving, caring relationship?
I didn’t say a law requires i, but it’s the spirit of the law

i would like to think you’d be sleeping with someone you felt was attractive and they felt the same…i would like to think you’d have children with people you admired and thought would be a good parent…

....... without talking about peoples feelings or attractions which the law doesnt care about. ?

Well I can't do that because "feeling. love, and attraction are part of the equation. If you really believe that it is not, you must have a very empty life.

YOU on the other hand cannot explain how limiting marriage to a man and a woman is NOT discrimination unless you totally ignore the human factor

I suspect that either you are smart enough to know that you are full of shit, but lack the intergrety and intestinal fortitutde to admit it, OR you are a souless sociopath that does not value the depth of human relationships.

Fortuatly, Justice Kennedy does have a soul

But it’s Justice Anthony Kennedy’s majority, and the last paragraph, all 124 words, that is exquisite.

Yes, Love, devotion, fullfilment and dignity! You would callously rob gay people of all of that.

I suppose that another posibility is that you do not think that gay people are deserving of all of that , OR that they just do not have those nedds and FEELINGS. In any case, I have made my case and you are looking like a fool and most everyone here knows it.
Im just not willing to use the state to impose my feelings on things like this on everyone else. What I think or feel is a reason for people to get married is irrelevant to anyone but me and the person Im marrying. The STATE can not put that requirement on what is just a contract between 2 people. The reasons they want to enter into that contract dont matter to the STATE only that they are both willingly entering into it, their feelings toward one another, as far as the state is concerned, dont matter.

So by your definition the law as currently written is horribly discriminatory. Bisexual people cant get married to a man and a woman. Why would you callously deprive them of that abilty? What about pansexual or insert one of the infinite number of sexual orientations we now have. Are all those people able to marry the individual/s they want? Why arent you advocating for these individuals? You're such a bigot. If you arent a part of the solution you're a part of problem. Or at least that's what I've heard.

I didn’t say a law requires i, but it’s the spirit of the law

i would like to think you’d be sleeping with someone you felt was attractive and they felt the same…i would like to think you’d have children with people you admired and thought would be a good parent…
Nope. None of that is in the law. What YOU think someone should do is irrelevant to what the law actually requires.

Why cant you people understand there's a difference in what YOU personally believe regarding marriage and what the Government requires regarding marriage. I really dont understand why you would even want the Government involved that intimately in your life.

Im just not willing to use the state to impose my feelings on things like this on everyone else. What I think or feel is a reason for people to get married is irrelevant to anyone but me and the person Im marrying. The STATE can not put that requirement on what is just a contract between 2 people. The reasons they want to enter into that contract dont matter to the STATE only that they are both willingly entering into it, their feelings toward one another, as far as the state is concerned, dont matter.
Good fucking grief! This is truely hopeless! You are stuck in the mud on this feeings thing. You are just rationalizing your devotion to discrimination in a most dishonest way.

The state is not "requiring" anything but the Obergefell decision ALLOWS people to marry for their own reasons. You say that "their feelings toward one another, as far as the state is concerned, dont matter" What you are really saying is that it does not matter to you.

I said that I thought that you are smart enough to know that you're full of shit. Now I'm not so sure.

Last edited:
because it’s protected by the Constitution….the Constitution limits what all Govts can do, and specifically outlines in Art 1 Sect 8 what the federal govt has power to regulate
Waite! What? Are we talking about the same thing here ? You suggested that this guy believes that marriage. or gay marriage is constitutionally protected and you seem to agree. Right? But as far as I can tell, you only reccognise enumerated rights, and marriage, in any for is not mentioned in the Constitution. So what are you talking about?

Oh shit! Give it a fucking rest. No the state does not care. This is not about what the state wants or cares about. It is about what individuals want, care about, and deserve. It is about choice and freedom. Isn't that what conservative crow about all of the time ? The more you write, the more I thing that there is something seriously wrong with the way you are functioning

Last edited:
Waite! What? Are we talking about the same thing here ? You suggested that this guy believes that marriage. or gay marriage is constitutionally protected and you seem to agree. Right? But as far as I can tell, you only reccognise enumerated rights, and marriage, in any for is not mentioned in the Constitution. So what are you talking about?
Yes they are protected

and i am not sure where you got that idea

Yes they are protected

and i am not sure where you got that idea

There is nothing in the constitution about marrige, but there have been numerous SCOTUS decision on marriage, and not just gay marriage, that establishes it as a fundumental right as per case law. Is that what you mean? And those decisions are examples of federal authority over marriage when state law violates the constitution

There is nothing in the constitution about marrige, but there have been numerous SCOTUS decision on marriage, and not just gay marriage, that establishes it as a fundumental right as per case law. Is that what you mean? And those decisions are examples of federal authority over marriage when state law violates the constitution
the federal govt has not power to regulate marriage..‘makes laws….Congress can only do what is limited to un Art 1 Sect 8

the court can hear issues concerning constitutional claims

Forum List

Back