GOP seeks SEC records on Goldman

Xenophon

Gone and forgotten
Nov 27, 2008
In your head
GOP seeks SEC records on Goldman - Mike Allen - POLITICO.com

Rep. Darrell Issa, the top Republican on the House Oversight committee, is demanding a slew of documents from the Securities and Exchange Commission, asserting that the timing of civil charges against Goldman Sachs raises “serious questions about the commission’s independence and impartiality.”

“[W]e are concerned that politics have unduly influenced the decision and timing of the commission’s controversial enforcement action against Goldman,” Issa writes.

Hmm, exactly what I said when I heard about this.

Politics unduly influencing a probe by Democrats?? Say it aint so!
If anyone thinks the SEC action was not a political job they are idiots. Can't wait for the "but Republicans do it too" whining to start.

If anyone thinks the SEC action was not a political job they are idiots. Can't wait for the "but Republicans do it too" whining to start.

Are you suggesting that what Goldman did was okay, then?

Are you suggesting that this is entirely a political issue?

Is Goldman the VICTIM here?

I thought you guys thought Obama was beholden to Goldman.

What gives?

Rep. Darrell Issa, the top Republican on the House Oversight committee, is demanding a slew of documents from the Securities and Exchange Commission, asserting that the timing of civil charges against Goldman Sachs raises “serious questions about the commission’s independence and impartiality.”

“[W]e are concerned that politics have unduly influenced the decision and timing of the commission’s controversial enforcement action against Goldman,” Issa writes.
It's no surprise that rightwingloon talking points are effective on Republicans.

This is sweet........#1 report on DRUDGE right now = 25 million people will see it by days end.
Anybody who thinks this is simple coincidence is a mental case..........but then again, the Obama regime does believe that the electorate are a bunch of dummies.

Look.......the SEC was smack in the middle of Lehman Bros and didnt pick up a single clue. They were all over the books of Lehman and were aslep at the switch. The shareholders were the ones who flagged the toxic assets. And we're suppossed to believe that the week that Obama goes on his anti-Wall Street blitz that the SEC suddenly comes up golden??????

We got some corrupt stuff going on here s0ns!!!! And some of these Dems who are on the fence this November would be highly shrewd to get on board with this and save thier seats!!! It would be political brilliance!!

Abuse of power! Abuse of power! Abuser of power! Abuse of power! Abuse of power! Abuse of power!
Abuse of power! Abuse of power! Abuser of power! Abuse of power! Abuse of power! Abuse of power!

What gives?

Are you suggesting its OK for a President to use the power of the Federal government against his political enemies? Isn't that why you guys hated Nixon?

Nixon's greatest crimes were: lying to the American people and Abuse of power. Remember?

What gives?

It probably was. If anyone had any issues they could sue in civil court for damages. Is Goldman the victim? More like the scapegoat or whipping boy.
What gives? Your mind is filled with ignorant crap is what gives.

Looka, the problem here is that there seems to be too cozy a relationship between GS and federal regulators. I don't care WHO is in office... something is not right here. Bear Stearns can go to hell but GS must be saved? Ex GS people permiate the U.S. Government.

Something stinks here.

Last edited:
Looka, the problem here is that there seems to be too cozy a relationship between GS and federal regulators. I don't care WHO is in office... something is not right here. Bear Stearns can go to hell but GS must be saved? Ex GS people permiate the U.S. Government.

Something stinks here.

Bear Stearns, Lehman Bros, Merrill Lynch, but GS got saved at the same time the Fed was doing trillions in off balance sheet financing that they refuse to disclose.

I'm not saying GS directly got trillions because they can't hide that, but lets take a look at what they Fed did with our money

Will the GOP EVER stop looking out for the interests of big corporations on Wall Street over those of the people they swore to serve on Main Street?

Will the GOP EVER stop looking out for the interests of big corporations on Wall Street over those of the people they swore to serve on Main Street?

Obama plotting his takeover

obama-blackboard.jpg

Not only the timing of that....but the timing of the White House ads placed so cleverly on the internet....

Obama Takes on Goldman Sachs Through Clever Internet Ad - ABC News

It's no surprise that rightwingloon talking points are effective on Republicans.
You have become quite pavolvian in your inabilty to suspect wrong doing in government and your knee-jerk defense of it.

Not only the timing of that....but the timing of the White House ads placed so cleverly on the internet....

Obama Takes on Goldman Sachs Through Clever Internet Ad - ABC News
Starting to resemble the 'health care crisis' that didn't exsist but was invented by Barry & freinds isn't it.

You have become quite pavolvian in your inabilty to suspect wrong doing in government and your knee-jerk defense of it.

In the end, whether ANY of us like it or not this is and will be a political issue. The "people" see Wall Street as "bad", while Main Street is "good". The "people" pull the levers in the voting booths and not these corporations. Any politician worth their salt knows this.

In the end, whether ANY of us like it or not this is and will be a political issue. The "people" see Wall Street as "bad", while Main Street is "good". The "people" pull the levers in the voting booths and not these corporations. Any politician worth their salt knows this.

So why are you screaming about the Supreme Court decision on corporations and the 1A??

New Topics

Forum List

Back