GOP Rep. Madison Cawthorn Warns Of ‘Bloodshed’ While Repeating False Election Claims

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
“If our election systems continue to be rigged and continue to be stolen, it’s gonna lead to one place, and it’s bloodshed,” the Republican told an audience.

During his speech, he repeated Trump’s lie that the 2020 election was “rigged” & warned it would result in violence.

At a local GOP political event in his home state on Sunday, Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-N.C.) warned of “bloodshed” over the 2020 election and called people arrested and charged for the Jan. 6 Capitol riot “political hostages.”

The far-right lawmaker made the comments during an event hosted by the Macon County Republican Party in Franklin, North Carolina, that the group streamed to Facebook. The post has since been removed.

During his speech, Cawthorn repeated former President Donald Trump’s lie that the 2020 election was “rigged” and warned that it would result in violence.

“If our election systems continue to be rigged and continue to be stolen, it’s gonna lead to one place, and it’s bloodshed,” he said.

He then advocated for “election security,” saying, “And I will tell you, as much as I’m willing to defend our liberty at all costs, there’s nothing that I would dread doing more than having to pick up arms against a fellow American. And the way that we can have recourse against that is if we all passionately demand that we have election security in all 50 states.”

Rep. Madison Cawthorn Warns Of ‘Bloodshed’ While Repeating False Election Claims

This man sounds deranged and dangerous to me! What do you think?

From the OP:

“When are you going to call us to Washington again?” the next attendee asked, prompting applause.

“We are actively working on that one,” Cawthorn answered, as can be seen in the footage below. “We have a few plans in motion I can’t make public right now, but this is something that we’re working on.”

From the OP:

Cawthorn’s comments come amid a rise in domestic extremism that federal security agencies warned in March could motivate more attacks in the U.S.

The FBI, the Department of Homeland Security and the National Counterterrorism Center warned in a joint assessment that political and social developments, including Trump’s rigged election rhetoric, the fallout from Jan. 6, conspiracy theories and COVID-19 controversy, would “almost certainly spur” some extremists to “try to engage in violence this year.”

CNN national security reporter Zachary Cohen tweeted that Cawthorn’s remarks were “exactly the kind of thing” these agencies were warning about, noting that Cawthorn is among a group of GOP lawmakers whose phone records are of interest to the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack.

He isn't the problem for folks like yourself. You seem perfectly confident that Trump lost in a landslide and the anomalies that were brought up and dismissed without any real investigation mean nothing to you. Except, they DO, and whether you accept the belief of tens of millions of Americans who disagree, they WILL BE HEARD.

Trump voters had to endure 4 solid YEARS of investigations and claims that he was illegitimate and there was never any real proof. When one investigation failed to remove him, you just moved on to the next. NOW you seem so entitled as to really believe that because your media tells you what you want to hear, that you have the power to actually dictate reality to the rest of us. This is a VERY dangerous path you're on and unless we join together to perform audits to prove nothing happened, the last tie that binds us together is going to dissolve.

Your choice. Choose well, because once it begins, none of us will benefit.

He isn't the problem for folks like yourself. You seem perfectly confident that Trump lost in a landslide and the anomalies that were brought up and dismissed without any real investigation mean nothing to you. Except, they DO, and whether you accept the belief of tens of millions of Americans who disagree, they WILL BE HEARD.

Trump voters had to endure 4 solid YEARS of investigations and claims that he was illegitimate and there was never any real proof. When one investigation failed to remove him, you just moved on to the next. NOW you seem so entitled as to really believe that because your media tells you what you want to hear, that you have the power to actually dictate reality to the rest of us. This is a VERY dangerous path you're on and unless we join together to perform audits to prove nothing happened, the last tie that binds us together is going to dissolve.

I don't choose to be dictated to by the dumbest and most dangerous people among us who believe in ridiculous conspiracy theories and lies - the American Taliban!

“If our election systems continue to be rigged and continue to be stolen, it’s gonna lead to one place, and it’s bloodshed,” the Republican told an audience.

During his speech, he repeated Trump’s lie that the 2020 election was “rigged” & warned it would result in violence.

At a local GOP political event in his home state on Sunday, Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-N.C.) warned of “bloodshed” over the 2020 election and called people arrested and charged for the Jan. 6 Capitol riot “political hostages.”

The far-right lawmaker made the comments during an event hosted by the Macon County Republican Party in Franklin, North Carolina, that the group streamed to Facebook. The post has since been removed.

During his speech, Cawthorn repeated former President Donald Trump’s lie that the 2020 election was “rigged” and warned that it would result in violence.

“If our election systems continue to be rigged and continue to be stolen, it’s gonna lead to one place, and it’s bloodshed,” he said.

He then advocated for “election security,” saying, “And I will tell you, as much as I’m willing to defend our liberty at all costs, there’s nothing that I would dread doing more than having to pick up arms against a fellow American. And the way that we can have recourse against that is if we all passionately demand that we have election security in all 50 states.”

Rep. Madison Cawthorn Warns Of ‘Bloodshed’ While Repeating False Election Claims

Traitorous little Rumpian kokksukker...

Hmm,,,, Lakhota.... the pseudo "Native American".
Lakhota
tecbq5izvdw11.png

He isn't the problem for folks like yourself. You seem perfectly confident that Trump lost in a landslide and the anomalies that were brought up and dismissed without any real investigation mean nothing to you.
But there were no anomalies. You just made that up. Lied, that is, out of fanatical devotion to your viciously antisemitic fascist cult.

By all means, keep being the face of the Trump cult. I mean, your type is the true face, but it's good for people to see the true face.

I guess the lesson here is that stolen elections have consequences.

But Democrats burned the country down for 2 years of power and possible civil war, so no biggie, right?

Rep. Madison Cawthorn, who sought to overturn Biden's win, acknowledges the election 'was not fraudulent'​

By the end of the interview, Cawthorn's earlier claims of fraud disappeared.

"Yes, I think I would say the election was not fraudulent," he told Brown.

He added: "The Constitution allowed for us to be able to push back as much as we could, and I did that to the amount of the constitutional limits that I had at my disposal, so now I would say that Joseph R. Biden is our president."

Cawthorn is a world class hypocrite! He admitted to CNN's Pamela Brown on national television that "the election was not fraudulent".

Democrats seem to want civil war and/or death camps for those who disagree with their deranged fascist treason.

I don't choose to be dictated to by the dumbest and most dangerous people among us who believe in ridiculous conspiracy theories and lies - the American Taliban!
So you're leaving the Democrat Party...?

Rep. Madison Cawthorn, who sought to overturn Biden's win, acknowledges the election 'was not fraudulent'​

By the end of the interview, Cawthorn's earlier claims of fraud disappeared.

"Yes, I think I would say the election was not fraudulent," he told Brown.

He added: "The Constitution allowed for us to be able to push back as much as we could, and I did that to the amount of the constitutional limits that I had at my disposal, so now I would say that Joseph R. Biden is our president."

Cawthorn is a world class hypocrite! He admitted to CNN's Pamela Brown on national television that "the election was not fraudulent".

One-termer.

Sure you do, that's why you're always parroting crap from one of the most un-American POS tabloids in the country. The huffypuffy post is lower than raunchy madcow, and that's saying something.

Democrats seem to want civil war and/or death camps for those who disagree with their deranged fascist treason.
The Nazis also accused the liberals/jews of doing what they were doing themselves, in order to justify their brownshirt violence.

Fascist scum like you isn't anything new in history. Antifascists put you down once, and we'll do it again.

So then change the electoral system to Proportional Representation.

Forum List

Back