GOP Rep. Andy Harris tried to take gun on House floor

Hey Republicans, just shut up about the minor inconvenience of magnetometers and wanding. Andy - You are hereby officially bestowed the Idiot of the Week Award. It'll look great on your mantel! :rolleyes-41:

U.S. Capitol Police are investigating a report that Rep. Andy Harris, R-Md., tried to take a gun onto the house floor Thursday, a department spokesperson said.​
During a House vote Thursday afternoon, Harris was stopped at security and then immediately turned around. He briefly huddled with Rep. John Katko, R-N.Y., by the elevators and may have discussed the weapon with Katko, according to a report by HuffPost.​
"One security official present saw a firearm on the person of Rep. Harris and relayed that to his superiors," a Capitol official told NBC News. "To be clear, Rep. Harris did not enter the Floor."​
The metal detectors were ordered put in place by Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., after the deadly Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol. They have become a flashpoint among some Republican members, and they have at times created tension with police.​
Some Republican members have chafed at walking through magnetometers and submitting to hand wandings. At one door alone Thursday, at least a half-dozen evaded or brushed past officers, despite the threat of fines.​

Seems like to me, Andy's votes WITHOUT his damn gun are really all the idiocy we need from him.

Since the Capitol police can't seem to protect anyone carrying a weapon for self defense seems prudent to me.

The reason I carry is because the police have no legal or moral obligation to come to the aid of anyone.
You think it’s prudent for a law maker to break the law while at work?

Hey Republicans, just shut up about the minor inconvenience of magnetometers and wanding. Andy - You are hereby officially bestowed the Idiot of the Week Award. It'll look great on your mantel! :rolleyes-41:

U.S. Capitol Police are investigating a report that Rep. Andy Harris, R-Md., tried to take a gun onto the house floor Thursday, a department spokesperson said.​
During a House vote Thursday afternoon, Harris was stopped at security and then immediately turned around. He briefly huddled with Rep. John Katko, R-N.Y., by the elevators and may have discussed the weapon with Katko, according to a report by HuffPost.​
"One security official present saw a firearm on the person of Rep. Harris and relayed that to his superiors," a Capitol official told NBC News. "To be clear, Rep. Harris did not enter the Floor."​
The metal detectors were ordered put in place by Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., after the deadly Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol. They have become a flashpoint among some Republican members, and they have at times created tension with police.​
Some Republican members have chafed at walking through magnetometers and submitting to hand wandings. At one door alone Thursday, at least a half-dozen evaded or brushed past officers, despite the threat of fines.​

Seems like to me, Andy's votes WITHOUT his damn gun are really all the idiocy we need from him.

Democrats are so violent , who can blame him ? Shall not be infringed .
I can blame him. Easy

Since the Capitol police can't seem to protect anyone carrying a weapon for self defense seems prudent to me.

The reason I carry is because the police have no legal or moral obligation to come to the aid of anyone.

If the cops can't or won't protect a person then what choice does he have?

They have the choice of following the law and the rules. They have the chance to stop skirting magnetometers or get fined. And if they feel unsafe, the have the choice to pass legislation to increase armed Capitol Police that are on duty when in session.

Allowing Q-Kooks like Taylor-Greene and Boebert to make those decisions is not a choice.

Same choice as everybody else. Follow the law or don’t follow the law. It’s not complicated

They have the choice of following the law and the rules. They have the chance to stop skirting magnetometers or get fined. And if they feel unsafe, the have the choice to pass legislation to increase armed Capitol Police that are on duty when in session.

Allowing Q-Kooks like Taylor-Greene and Boebert to make those decisions is not a choice.
yeah we all saw how effective the police were a couple weeks ago

Same choice as everybody else. Follow the law or don’t follow the law. It’s not complicated
if you trust the cops to protect you you truly are an idiot

I have a Glock for home protection but when I'm in public? Yes, I trust the cops to protect me and everyone else. Do they always succeed? Of course not, but I don't care to live in the wild wild west and deal with public gun battles.

I have a Glock for home protection but when I'm in public? Yes, I trust the cops to protect me and everyone else. Do they always succeed? Of course not, but I don't care to live in the wild wild west and deal with public gun battles.

There has never been a public gun battle involving people legally carrying concealed weapons.

You think the westerns you watch on TV are real not fiction.

You might want to do a little research on the non-decisions that were made as to increased personal and even the National Guard. Donald and his pals were suppressing intelligence. Crooked Mike Flynn's brother was also involved. Blaming it on the Capitol Cops is weak and shows that you have no intellectual curiosity as to WHY they were undermanned and not even informed of what everyone with a brain knew would be a coup attempt.

There has never been a public gun battle involving people legally carrying concealed weapons.

Read please

You might want to do a little research on the non-decisions that were made as to increased personal and even the National Guard. Donald and his pals were suppressing intelligence. Crooked Mike Flynn's brother was also involved. Blaming it on the Capitol Cops is weak and shows that you have no intellectual curiosity as to WHY they were undermanned and not even informed of what everyone with a brain knew would be a coup attempt.

I don't care why all I care about is the fact they failed to protect anyone.

And I will never deal with the Capitol Keystone Cops.

The reality of life for the average citizen is that the Supreme Court has ruled that the police have no legal or moral obligation to come to the aid of anyone.

So anyone who thinks he can depend on the cops to protect him is an idiot.

Read please

I don't care that some civilian didn't stop a mass shooting because unlike you I know that mass shootings only account for 1% or less of murders annually.

The fact is no civilian has any obligation to stop any crime or protect anyone else.

I don't carry to protect the public. I carry to protect myself and my wife and that's it.

You seem to think murder is the only violent crime committed against law abiding people.

The reality of life for the average citizen is that the Supreme Court has ruled that the police have no legal or moral obligation to come to the aid of anyone.

Do you have a link to that ruling or is this mere projection on your part? Also, why do you hate cops when 95% of them are qualified, good and decent people who would definitely have your back in an emergency.

Do you have a link to that ruling or is this mere projection on your part? Also, why do you hate cops when 95% of them are qualified, good and decent people who would definitely have your back in an emergency.

“Neither the Constitution, nor state law, impose a general duty upon police officers or other governmental officials to protect individual persons from harm — even when they know the harm will occur,” said Darren L. Hutchinson, a professor and associate dean at the University of Florida School of Law. “Police can watch someone attack you, refuse to intervene and not violate the Constitution.”

Where did I say I hate cops?

I only ever said they have no legal or moral obligation to come to the aid of the public so depending on the cops to save your life is idiotic.

I don’t see what that has to do with following the law. Can you explain?

of course you don't.

If the cops cannot or will not protect you then following a law that disarms you is dangerous.

it's not complicated and no person should blindly obey a law that puts him in danger

of course you don't.

If the cops cannot or will not protect you then following a law that disarms you is dangerous.

it's not complicated and no person should blindly obey a law that puts him in danger
Oh ok, so it sounds like you're saying that if somebody feels like they are danger then its ok to not follow the law. Did I get that right?

New Topics

Forum List

Back