GOP Rep. Andy Harris tried to take gun on House floor

The GOP is the party of idiocy.

Yep, as long as there are Q Kooks in the House who fire off Tweets like this, they must comply with Nancy's rules or resign.

dee5a32f-eec3-449c-8ad6-ee8f3f03399d-large1x1_MarjorieTaylorGreeneFacebookpostFacebookviaAP.png

Hey Republicans, just shut up about the minor inconvenience of magnetometers and wanding. Andy - You are hereby officially bestowed the Idiot of the Week Award. It'll look great on your mantel! :rolleyes-41:

U.S. Capitol Police are investigating a report that Rep. Andy Harris, R-Md., tried to take a gun onto the house floor Thursday, a department spokesperson said.​
During a House vote Thursday afternoon, Harris was stopped at security and then immediately turned around. He briefly huddled with Rep. John Katko, R-N.Y., by the elevators and may have discussed the weapon with Katko, according to a report by HuffPost.​
"One security official present saw a firearm on the person of Rep. Harris and relayed that to his superiors," a Capitol official told NBC News. "To be clear, Rep. Harris did not enter the Floor."​
The metal detectors were ordered put in place by Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., after the deadly Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol. They have become a flashpoint among some Republican members, and they have at times created tension with police.​
Some Republican members have chafed at walking through magnetometers and submitting to hand wandings. At one door alone Thursday, at least a half-dozen evaded or brushed past officers, despite the threat of fines.​

Seems like to me, Andy's votes WITHOUT his damn gun are really all the idiocy we need from him.

We would have no security problems if legislators did their paid Job.

The defense and protection of the state and of the United States is an obligation of all persons within the state. The legislature shall provide for the discharge of this obligation and for the maintenance and regulation of an organized militia.

Gladly! I expect you run one of those little left-wing coffee shops that are always throwing people out for the "wrong" conversations.
Political discussion in my place of business is "discouraged". You can have all the conversation you want but when it disturbs other patrons you are asked ONCE to stop and then you are kicked the hell out.

And that goes for ANY political discussion...left or right

This asshole WILL be fined and he SHOULD be at least censured.

Guns obviously are legal, since the police are armed inside Congress.
So then it is not legally possible to require legislators to be unarmed.
There is no legal means of differentiating between police and others, and in fact it is police who are less trustworthy.
You say this shit like it's real. It's not.

You are simply full of shit

This asshole WILL be fined and he SHOULD be at least censured.

Guns obviously are legal, since the police are armed inside Congress.
So then it is not legally possible to require legislators to be unarmed.
There is no legal means of differentiating between police and others, and in fact it is police who are less trustworthy.
You say this shit like it's real. It's not.

You are simply full of shit

I think I've read enough unhinged Rigby posts ;)

Rep. Harris is from Maryland and commutes to Washington DC. Why should he be unprotected on such a perilous journey by going gunless?

As far as this Angelou broad is concerned, her record indicates participation in Hard Left politics over the years.

So yes, there is merit to the idea that she may have been communist or at least a fellow traveling pawn of Hillary.

Clearly you didn't read the entire story. They can bring guns into the Capitol but not onto the House floor. They have to be lockered outside.

But that is incorrect.
We all saw that police regularly do bring guns onto the House floor.
And police are far less reliable than legislators, as far as criminal history, like committing murder, rape, spousal abuse, etc.
we all saw how police cannot protect the people too.

The Capitol police failed and police in general have no legal obligation to come to your aid

So trusting the cops to protect you is a poor decision

The reason I carry is because the police have no legal or moral obligation to come to the aid of anyone.
you stay the hell out of my place of business then

You'd never know if i was carrying even if i was standing right next to you.

A good magnetometer doesn't lie.

and you carry one around with you I suppose

Your point? :confused-84:

What was yours?

You would have no clue ( not that you have any clue on anything-else) that I was carrying a concealed handgun even if I was standing right nest to you.

The reason I carry is because the police have no legal or moral obligation to come to the aid of anyone.

What was yours?

You would have no clue ( not that you have any clue on anything-else) that I was carrying a concealed handgun even if I was standing right nest to you.

Why would I carry around a magnetometer? Hey, if you are legally licensed on CC it probably means you're not a felon and I likely wouldn't have much to worry about if I was standing next to you. My point is, it ain't cool to carry a gun inside the House chamber. They do that in Texas - not DC where you have Q-Kooks who can't be trusted.

What was yours?

Why would I carry around a magnetometer? Hey, if you are legally licensed on CC it probably means you're not a felon and I likely wouldn't have much to worry about if I was standing next to you. My point is, it ain't cool to carry a gun inside the House chamber. They do that in Texas - not DC where you have Q-Kooks who can't be trusted.

So why do you worry about people carrying?

It is the only reasonable alternative for protection since the police have no legal obligation to render aid to any person.

What was yours?

It is the only reasonable alternative for protection since the police have no legal obligation to render aid to any person.

I know, you've said that ten times already in this thread. Most cops take the "To Protect and Serve" thing fairly seriously. Do you seriously believe that a cop would be bad enough to do nothing if they saw you being mugged?

Not opposed to responsible people carrying. Particularly those who work in a dangerous environment. For the average citizen? No - I don't want to see everyone and their dog packing and bullets flying around when most don't even know who the bad guy is and are poorly trained.

Do you approve of CC without training, a license or a permit? Last time I checked, you don't need any of those pesky things in 31 states.

What was yours?

I know, you've said that ten times already in this thread. Most cops take the "To Protect and Serve" thing fairly seriously. Do you seriously believe that a cop would be bad enough to do nothing if they saw you being mugged?

Not opposed to responsible people carrying. Particularly those who work in a dangerous environment. For the average citizen? No - I don't want to see everyone and their dog packing and bullets flying around when most don't even know who the bad guy is and are poorly trained.

Do you approve of CC without training, a license or a permit? Last time I checked, you don't need any of those pesky things in 31 states.
Most cops means nothing when it only takes one cop not to come to a person's aid for that person to become a victim of a violent crime.

Your fear of average people trading bullets in the street just doesn't happen.

in fact people who legally carry concealed weapons are some of the most law abiding people in America. But you wouldn't know that because you don't know anything about this country.

Most self defense shootings occur over a distance of less than 20 feet so once again your idea that people will be hiding behind horse troughs and saloon doors and trading bullets like they do in the movies is unfounded.

And FYI most self defense uses of a firearm don't result in anyone getting shot since the mere act of drawing a gun will stop the perpetrator in his tracks and usually make him run .

What was yours?

Most cops means nothing when it only takes one cop not to come to a person's aid for that person to become a victim of a violent crime.

in fact people who legally carry concealed weapons are some of the most law abiding people in America. But you wouldn't know that because you don't know anything about this country.

Most self defense shootings occur over a distance of less than 20 feet so once again your idea that people will be hiding behind horse troughs and saloon doors and trading bullets like they do in the movies is unfounded.

And FYI most self defense uses of a firearm don't result in anyone getting shot since the mere act of drawing a gun will stop the perpetrator in his tracks and usually make him run .

I don't know anything about this country? LoL - I know plenty of people who carry concealed. They are cops, people who carry around valuables or cash, people who are forced to work nights in not so nice areas. Yes, they are all law abiding and they know how to use their weapon.

But there are also a lot of yahoos out there with ZERO training, ZERO certification, Zero license. I don't know any of those people because I don't associate with scum. But I'm telling you - they're out there and a danger to all.

I'm pretty good at spotting the ankle bulge and middle of the back bulge. I've kicked numerous gun nuts out and will continue to do so.
Until you run into the one that's not a CC permit holder and is there to do you harm. Then what's going to protect you and your patrons, a cell phone? Call 911 and tell the attacker to just hold on for 20 minutes the police are on their way.
There`s no shortage of CC permit holders in our jails. These nuts playing cowboy have killed an LEO or two...or 3....
Law Enforcement Officers Killed By Concealed Carry Killers | VPC: Concealed Carry Killers

What was yours?

I don't know anything about this country? LoL - I know plenty of people who carry concealed. They are cops, people who carry around valuables or cash, people who are forced to work nights in not so nice areas. Yes, they are all law abiding and they know how to use their weapon.

But there are also a lot of yahoos out there with ZERO training, ZERO certification, Zero license. I don't know any of those people because I don't associate with scum. But I'm telling you - they're out there and a danger to all.

Yeah you've been here twice for a few days so that makes you an expert on American gun owners. I don't think so.

And I wasn't a cop or carrying valuables or cash when I got jumped by 3 thugs and i wasn't carrying a gun because I wasn't 21 yet.

What I got was a fractured eye orbital, 3 cracked ribs, a lacerated spleen that had to be removed and some permanent vision impairment in my left eye.

You are naive at best and willfully ignorant at worst if you think ordinary people can't be the victim of a violent crime

Forum List

Back