GOP Rep. Andy Harris tried to take gun on House floor

DrLove

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2016
Central Oregon Coast
Hey Republicans, just shut up about the minor inconvenience of magnetometers and wanding. Andy - You are hereby officially bestowed the Idiot of the Week Award. It'll look great on your mantel! :rolleyes-41:

U.S. Capitol Police are investigating a report that Rep. Andy Harris, R-Md., tried to take a gun onto the house floor Thursday, a department spokesperson said.​
During a House vote Thursday afternoon, Harris was stopped at security and then immediately turned around. He briefly huddled with Rep. John Katko, R-N.Y., by the elevators and may have discussed the weapon with Katko, according to a report by HuffPost.​
"One security official present saw a firearm on the person of Rep. Harris and relayed that to his superiors," a Capitol official told NBC News. "To be clear, Rep. Harris did not enter the Floor."​
The metal detectors were ordered put in place by Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., after the deadly Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol. They have become a flashpoint among some Republican members, and they have at times created tension with police.​
Some Republican members have chafed at walking through magnetometers and submitting to hand wandings. At one door alone Thursday, at least a half-dozen evaded or brushed past officers, despite the threat of fines.​

Seems like to me, Andy's votes WITHOUT his damn gun are really all the idiocy we need from him.

Hey Republicans, just shut up about the minor inconvenience of magnetometers and wanding. Andy - You are hereby officially bestowed the Idiot of the Week Award. It'll look great on your mantel! :rolleyes-41:

U.S. Capitol Police are investigating a report that Rep. Andy Harris, R-Md., tried to take a gun onto the house floor Thursday, a department spokesperson said.​
During a House vote Thursday afternoon, Harris was stopped at security and then immediately turned around. He briefly huddled with Rep. John Katko, R-N.Y., by the elevators and may have discussed the weapon with Katko, according to a report by HuffPost.​
"One security official present saw a firearm on the person of Rep. Harris and relayed that to his superiors," a Capitol official told NBC News. "To be clear, Rep. Harris did not enter the Floor."​
The metal detectors were ordered put in place by Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., after the deadly Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol. They have become a flashpoint among some Republican members, and they have at times created tension with police.​
Some Republican members have chafed at walking through magnetometers and submitting to hand wandings. At one door alone Thursday, at least a half-dozen evaded or brushed past officers, despite the threat of fines.​

Seems like to me, Andy's votes WITHOUT his damn gun are really all the idiocy we need from him.

Since the Capitol police can't seem to protect anyone carrying a weapon for self defense seems prudent to me.

The reason I carry is because the police have no legal or moral obligation to come to the aid of anyone.

The reason I carry is because the police have no legal or moral obligation to come to the aid of anyone.
you stay the hell out of my place of business then

You'd never know if i was carrying even if i was standing right next to you.
I'm pretty good at spotting the ankle bulge and middle of the back bulge. I've kicked numerous gun nuts out and will continue to do so.

I'm pretty good at spotting the ankle bulge and middle of the back bulge. I've kicked numerous gun nuts out and will continue to do so.

Uh huh

These people are STUPID.....trumpism has left the GOP STUPID.

These people are STUPID.....trumpism has left the GOP STUPID.
Says the brainless pot to the kettle......you libbers aren't very bright.

Until you run into the one that's not a CC permit holder and is there to do you harm. Then what's going to protect you and your patrons, a cell phone? Call 911 and tell the attacker to just hold on for 20 minutes the police are on their way.

Democrats are so violent , who can blame him ? Shall not be infringed .

Democrats are so violent , who can blame him ? Shall not be infringed .
He could have been going after Pelosi, did they find any silver bullets on him???

Until you run into the one that's not a CC permit holder and is there to do you harm. Then what's going to protect you and your patrons, a cell phone? Call 911 and tell the attacker to just hold on for 20 minutes the police are on their way.
I wonder if the Congress members at that baseball game could have carried concealed ! Or were they sitting ducks when democrats come with killinf on their minds?

Rep. Harris is from Maryland and commutes to Washington DC. Why should he be unprotected on such a perilous journey by going gunless?

As far as this Angelou broad is concerned, her record indicates participation in Hard Left politics over the years.

So yes, there is merit to the idea that she may have been communist or at least a fellow traveling pawn of Hillary.

Rep. Harris is from Maryland and commutes to Washington DC. Why should he be unprotected on such a perilous journey by going gunless?

As far as this Angelou broad is concerned, her record indicates participation in Hard Left politics over the years.

So yes, there is merit to the idea that she may have been communist or at least a fellow traveling pawn of Hillary.

Clearly you didn't read the entire story. They can bring guns into the Capitol but not onto the House floor. They have to be lockered outside.

In a brainless libber's reckoning, any harm that comes to a conservative is deserved

The GOP is the party of idiocy.

This asshole WILL be fined and he SHOULD be at least censured.

Guns obviously are legal, since the police are armed inside Congress.
So then it is not legally possible to require legislators to be unarmed.
There is no legal means of differentiating between police and others, and in fact it is police who are less trustworthy.

Clearly you didn't read the entire story. They can bring guns into the Capitol but not onto the House floor. They have to be lockered outside.

But that is incorrect.
We all saw that police regularly do bring guns onto the House floor.
And police are far less reliable than legislators, as far as criminal history, like committing murder, rape, spousal abuse, etc.

Forum List

Back