GOP Must Go

Bullypulpit

Jan 7, 2004
Columbus, OH
So reads the title of an editorial in "<i>The American Conservative</i>". It seems the conservative author feels that the GOP, in its current incarnation has betrayed its conservative roots, and I would tend to agree.

<blockquote>On Nov. 7, the world will be watching as we go to the polls, seeking to ascertain whether the American people have the wisdom to try to correct a disastrous course. Posterity will note too if their collective decision is one that captured the attention of historians—that of a people voting, again and again, to endorse a leader taking a country in a catastrophic direction. The choice is in our hands. - <i><a href=http://www.amconmag.com/2006/2006_11_20/feature.html>The American Conservative</a></i></blockquote>

So reads the title of an editorial in "<i>The American Conservative</i>". It seems the conservative author feels that the GOP, in its current incarnation has betrayed its conservative roots, and I would tend to agree.

<blockquote>On Nov. 7, the world will be watching as we go to the polls, seeking to ascertain whether the American people have the wisdom to try to correct a disastrous course. Posterity will note too if their collective decision is one that captured the attention of historians—that of a people voting, again and again, to endorse a leader taking a country in a catastrophic direction. The choice is in our hands. - <i><a href=http://www.amconmag.com/2006/2006_11_20/feature.html>The American Conservative</a></i></blockquote>

In some ways the GOP has abandoned the true conservative. The biggest problem I have with the modern GOP is its lack of fiscal conservatism.

But that doesn't mean I'll vote for a Democrat again... ever. Haven't done that since... hmmm.... gonna have to think on that.

While the GOP may have abandoned some of its conservative roots, it still maintains most of its social foundations and its platform on foreign defense, and those are the issues which will continue to separate the Democrats from the Republicans.

Tax Hikes, or Fiscal Responsibility?
The Republican ursurpers have held this nation in their iron grip for six long years, but now the Democrats are poised to assume absolute control of Congress just as the Founding Fathers had intended. Watching helplessly as his stolen throne slips from his blood-stained hands, a desperate Shrub is back to doing what he does best - using lies to mislead and frighten the American People who, like typical sheep, are easily misled and frightened.

“Democrats will raise taxes! Democrats will raise taxes!” the lying liar lies at every whistlestop on his Lies Across America Tour. The Repugs have pulled this same tired con job for years, and it really boils my bongwater. Repealing unfair tax cuts handed out by an illegitmate peeResident is not “raising taxes”, but restoring the price we pay for enjoying America’s bountiful cornucopia of welfare programs.

Suppose for the sake of argument that you see an ad in the paper for $50 off an authentic Native American dreamcatcher made from Russell Means’ pubes. Life is suddenly worth living again. But when you arrive at the store, you discover that the sale is over and the dreamcatcher has reverted back to it’s original price. Do you throw a hissy fit and accuse the store of “stealing” fifty bucks from you? Of course not. That money was never yours to begin with.

Try to think of Bush’s tax cuts the same way. Americans have been enjoying a bargain at the expense of the working poor for six long years. But in a few weeks, the sale will finally come to an end. You may have become used to getting a few extra pennies in your paychecks every week, but the time has come for you selfish freeloaders to pony up the loot and return to our benevolent Democrat leaders what is rightfully theirs. They will in turn redistribute the wealth equitibly amongst those they wisely deem most deserving of it, thus erasing the chasm between rich and poor so all Americans can exist on a level playing field of poverty and stagnation. The Latin term for this is Fiscali Responsibiliae, or "I can spend your money better than you can, you greedy bastards."

Too bad they don't teach Latin at community colleges, or conservatives might actually have a clue about economics.

http://blamebush.typepad.com/blamebush/

First, Its the Senate that has largely abandoned conservative principles. Why should we punish House members who have been giving us what we want?

Second, Do you honestly think conservatives are stupid? We arent going to not vote for someone who is only giving us 50% of what we want so we get someone who will give os -50% of what we want.

Third, isnt it sad the only way you can win is if conservatives dont show up? I think it makes it clear that you arent a majority of this nation.

So what should we do then? Stay at home or go and vote for the party that gave us wonderful people like Bill Clinton and his felons (Sandy Berger)? :cow:

Forum List

Back