GOP lawyer Ken Starr batting for Epstein - book claims

Since when are lawyers responsible for their clients' misdeeds? Johnny Cochrane isn't responsible for the Juice's alleged crimes and Clarence Darrow was never blamed for the murder committed by Leopold and Loeb.
There’s a difference between defending your client in court and calling on your buddies in government to get the charges reduced.

That's what lawyers do, intervene on the behalf of their clients to government officials. I was in a joint drinking with a semi-prominent defense attorney I went to school with. Into the joint came a prosecutor as well as a detective. Talking about different cases , etc., \\

That's the business they chose, to make deals and get cases processed.
Ah. So you’re okay with lawyers being corrupt.

I’m not.

There is nothing "corrupt" about lawyers sitting around in a bar talking about and rectifying cases
It’s incredibly corrupt to think a person may not have to face charges because they can give money to a lawyer who is buddies with the prosecutor.

Like, disgustingly corrupt.

They hire a lawyer to work on and rectify their case. As long as the lawyer isn't paying a bribe, I can't see a problem here at all.

What's wrong with prosecutors and defense attorney socializing together and being friends? They may be adversaries in the court room, but it doesn't mean they have to hate each others guts.

Since when are lawyers responsible for their clients' misdeeds? Johnny Cochrane isn't responsible for the Juice's alleged crimes and Clarence Darrow was never blamed for the murder committed by Leopold and Loeb.
There’s a difference between defending your client in court and calling on your buddies in government to get the charges reduced.

That's what lawyers do, intervene on the behalf of their clients to government officials. I was in a joint drinking with a semi-prominent defense attorney I went to school with. Into the joint came a prosecutor as well as a detective. Talking about different cases , etc., \\

That's the business they chose, to make deals and get cases processed.
Ah. So you’re okay with lawyers being corrupt.

I’m not.

There is nothing "corrupt" about lawyers sitting around in a bar talking about and rectifying cases
It’s incredibly corrupt to think a person may not have to face charges because they can give money to a lawyer who is buddies with the prosecutor.

Like, disgustingly corrupt.

They hire a lawyer to work on and rectify their case. As long as the lawyer isn't paying a bribe, I can't see a problem here at all.

What's wrong with prosecutors and defense attorney socializing together and being friends? They may be adversaries in the court room, but it doesn't mean they have to hate each others guts.
It’s corrupt. It means a criminal can avoid justice because they cough up the money to the right lawyer.

Not justice. Corruption.

Starr had a job to do and he did it, very well. This is clearly seen by the vitriol still hurled at him today by the usual suspects.

Forum List

Back