GOP lawmaker wants $1,400 payment reserved for people who get COVID-19 vaccine

Hope you are wrong. Too early for me to guess.

It all depends on what Big Brother does with all this. It's not just Biden, but the entire Democrat party is all for getting rid of fossil fuels, and they will be the ones to actually call the shots. Biden is just a puppet really.
At a certain time in the future, I would not care if we burned fossil fuel or not if the costs settle down and it is abundant in a non damaging way. I just see no way to transition in the next 15 or 20 years. It's not happening, so I am not planning to worry about it any time soon. All the big oil companies are funding projects with wind, solar, tidal power, etc. Good stuff but not able to meet the demands at price point at the present time, but they want to insure themselves a big piece of the future, because sooner or later, we will transition.

Unfortunately it will probably happen sporadically and differ throughout the nation depending on the state.

Places like my state started that transition in the 1990s. We started building one of the largest wind farms in the nation in the 90s. We also started shutting down our coal fire plants. We started shutting down the last one in 2005. It's probably finished being shutdown by now.

We get our energy from water, sun, wind, natural gas and have one very small nuclear facility in the farthest eastern corner of the state in the middle of nowhere for the few farmers out there.

The number of hybrids and fully electric vehicles on the roads here is very high compared to a lot of the other states. We have charging stations all over the place for fully electric vehicles.

Changing over to non fossil fuels for sources of energy isn't hard. In fact, it's easy.

All it takes is the will to do it. That is what's lacking in a lot of states in our nation. The actual desire and will to do it.

We have the second lowest electric rates in the nation. We generate more energy than we use so we sell it for a profit to other states.

First off, how would people be able to prove they got the vaccine?

Seriously?

I have problems with giving stimulus checks only to those who are vaccinated, but not for the same reason as you.

Do you seriously not have a record of what inoculations you've received?

Of course I do. But we have 360 million people in this country. All 360 million people need to send Washington forms or whatever that they got the vaccine? Sounds like an awful lot of work and a big expense we don't need.

That aside, I'm against bribery and politicians taxing people into submission. It's not what our founders ever wanted and it's certainly something that we the people don't want. It's just like face masks. If you want to wear one, fine, if you don't, that's fine too. I'm against government officials making it mandatory in a free country.

Carrying a card from the CDC stating the dates of the doses (and dose #) and the innoculating physician signatures that fits in a wallet is a lot of work? :cuckoo:

If anyone deserves a bonus, it is all those who got covid-19 and now are immune.
It is they who make everyone else safer.
The vaccine really is an unknown, and could cause further problems down the line.
For example, the vaccine could increase auto immune epidemics, like allergies, Lupus, arthritis, etc.
I'd be interested in learning more Rigby5

~S~

WASHINGTON (NEXSTAR) — Now that he’s assumed office, President Joe Biden is expected to get his $1.9 trillion coronavirus relief plan passed as quickly as possible. The measure includes a $1,400 stimulus checks for most Americans.

With Democrats in control of both the presidency and Congress, the overall plan has a good chance of passage. However, one Republican congressman is throwing up a roadblock of sorts.

Rep. Steve Stivers, a Republican from Ohio, suggested checks go to people who’ve received the coronavirus vaccine.

“I hope the administration will look at that option because we actually buy something with our $1,400 — and that’s herd immunity,” Stivers said in an interview with Yahoo Finance.

He suggested the quickest way to get the economy going is to get people vaccinated and back to work or school.

“I’d be willing to accept a $1,400 stimulus check if people are willing to take the vaccine,” Stivers added.

While that suggestion is not likely to move forward, Biden’s plan isn’t moving as quickly as some hoped. The checks are part of a complex and layered plan that includes increasing the minimum wage to $15 an hour, expanding paid leave for workers and increasing tax credits for families with children.

So far, the Biden White House has declined to provide a timeline for getting its proposed relief package through, saying that officials are beginning to schedule meetings with lawmakers to discuss the proposal.

Who elects jokers like this? I'm a diehard conservative, but when one of my own acts out, I'll call them on it.

First off, how would people be able to prove they got the vaccine? Secondly, what kind of administration costs would be involved? Right now, if they decide to send everybody a stimulus check, it's as simple as hitting a few buttons on their keyboard I'm sure. To go through each American one by one to double check they got the vaccine would take many months if not over a year. Then there's the fact that there isn't enough vaccine to go around to everybody just yet. That too may take a couple of months.

It will never be a requirement, but how stupid do you have to be to even think of something like this?
Another point is people who show allergies to other vaccines may not be recommended to try this one, yet they could have been out of work due to business closures that the stimulus was meant to address. Stivers should think before he speaks.

well then why not send that $$$ to unemployment , the folks that really need it?

myself, i really don't want a government handout , especially one i DIDN"T ask for.....

what my (et all) biz's need is a hand up......end the lockdown, let us go to work

~S~

WASHINGTON (NEXSTAR) — Now that he’s assumed office, President Joe Biden is expected to get his $1.9 trillion coronavirus relief plan passed as quickly as possible. The measure includes a $1,400 stimulus checks for most Americans.

With Democrats in control of both the presidency and Congress, the overall plan has a good chance of passage. However, one Republican congressman is throwing up a roadblock of sorts.

Rep. Steve Stivers, a Republican from Ohio, suggested checks go to people who’ve received the coronavirus vaccine.

“I hope the administration will look at that option because we actually buy something with our $1,400 — and that’s herd immunity,” Stivers said in an interview with Yahoo Finance.

He suggested the quickest way to get the economy going is to get people vaccinated and back to work or school.

“I’d be willing to accept a $1,400 stimulus check if people are willing to take the vaccine,” Stivers added.

While that suggestion is not likely to move forward, Biden’s plan isn’t moving as quickly as some hoped. The checks are part of a complex and layered plan that includes increasing the minimum wage to $15 an hour, expanding paid leave for workers and increasing tax credits for families with children.

So far, the Biden White House has declined to provide a timeline for getting its proposed relief package through, saying that officials are beginning to schedule meetings with lawmakers to discuss the proposal.

Who elects jokers like this? I'm a diehard conservative, but when one of my own acts out, I'll call them on it.

First off, how would people be able to prove they got the vaccine? Secondly, what kind of administration costs would be involved? Right now, if they decide to send everybody a stimulus check, it's as simple as hitting a few buttons on their keyboard I'm sure. To go through each American one by one to double check they got the vaccine would take many months if not over a year. Then there's the fact that there isn't enough vaccine to go around to everybody just yet. That too may take a couple of months.

It will never be a requirement, but how stupid do you have to be to even think of something like this?
what makes you think republicans are conservatives??? they left that behind decades ago and are now just another leftwing party,,

Carrying a card from the CDC stating the dates of the doses (and dose #) and the innoculating physician signatures that fits in a wallet is a lot of work?

Good point. Then you can make an appointment with the IRS, go there and show them your card, and then they'll print out a check for you. That certainly makes a lot of sense. :eusa_shhh:

A nice jab.
Get your $1,4k and die

Carrying a card from the CDC stating the dates of the doses (and dose #) and the innoculating physician signatures that fits in a wallet is a lot of work?

Good point. Then you can make an appointment with the IRS, go there and show them your card, and then they'll print out a check for you. That certainly makes a lot of sense. :eusa_shhh:

I have no interest in receiving monitery compensation for vaccination.

There is finally something you and I agree on.

How stupid is it to require people to get a vaccine to get that 1400 dollars when there isn't enough vaccine for everyone?

I'm not going to get a penny of that stimulus and haven't gotten a penny of any of the money that was sent out in the last year. Nor do I want it.

What I want is to be able to get the vaccine.

I could care less about a lousy 1400 dollars. I want the vaccine.

While I don't want or need that money there are hundreds of millions Americans who do. Get that money out to them along with the vaccine quickly.

I'm just disgusted that trump never had a plan to distribute the vaccine.

The distribution problem isn't at the federal level. Trump did a great job with that. The problem is at the state level where they didn't prepare to handle mass vaccinations. One city in our state had to throw away over 1,000 doses because some moron didn't realize it had to be kept in freezing temperatures. The vaccines are going out as fast as they are made. As one poster linked to, we are doing nearly a million vaccinations a day, and that's going to increase in a short period of time.

Jesus.

OPEC raised production

Russian cut prices

Worldwide pandemic slashed demand.

NONE of that had anything to do with American politics at all

Actually the abundance of fuel is thanks to fracking, which Whorris said when she was running for Prez she'd close all fracking down her first day in office. Biden said there would be no room for fracking in his administration and certainly no fracking on federal land.

Another point is people who show allergies to other vaccines may not be recommended to try this one, yet they could have been out of work due to business closures that the stimulus was meant to address. Stivers should think before he speaks.

well then why not send that $$$ to unemployment , the folks that really need it?

myself, i really don't want a government handout , especially one i DIDN"T ask for.....

what my (et all) biz's need is a hand up......end the lockdown, let us go to work

~S~
I figure sending money to unemployment is something the Biden Admin will do, as well as financial support to states to aide handling the pandemic and the effects of the pandemic.
Hate you are locked down, where you are. Much of the country is not, such as Tennessee. Of course we are currently 14th on total deaths, and 11th on total cases of any state in the country, in a state that ranks 16th in the nation by population. I think our Governor has taken a fairly even handed approach and encouraging local counties to take steps they consider necessary instead of a top down mandate after the initial shutdown. I do not think Biden can effectively mandate what you ask from his position, as the severity changes from county to county and state to state.

At this stage of the game, I am kind of surprised Social Security cards have not changed to a CAC card arrangement with a chip. The number of Government IDs I have, especially at my age and in retirement has gotten ridiculous and basically one does not authorize or validate current information of the others. Just ruminating, not advocating for a national ID card, so please do not come to my house and attempt to shoot me or my dog or my porch light.

~S~
I figure sending money to unemployment is something the Biden Admin will do, as well as financial support to states to aide handling the pandemic and the effects of the pandemic.
Hate you are locked down, where you are. Much of the country is not, such as Tennessee. Of course we are currently 14th on total deaths, and 11th on total cases of any state in the country, in a state that ranks 16th in the nation by population. I think our Governor has taken a fairly even handed approach and encouraging local counties to take steps they consider necessary instead of a top down mandate after the initial shutdown. I do not think Biden can effectively mandate what you ask from his position, as the severity changes from county to county and state to state.

I'm in construction W6, they locked us down at first, and have been slowly relaxing it all , i guess i'm 'essential' , our hospitality contingent is, however, having agonal respirations into '21. It's not good, and i personally know a lot of 'em in my small pond , either that of servicing their electrical needs, or waste removal (i'm a pig farmer , fluent in porcine... ) The local communities.....well yes they've stepped up with what they can, the Feds? i just don't know , throwing $$$ at every problem sounds like a remedy ......i just wish their aim was a tad more precise....~S~

At this stage of the game, I am kind of surprised Social Security cards have not changed to a CAC card arrangement with a chip. The number of Government IDs I have, especially at my age and in retirement has gotten ridiculous and basically one does not authorize or validate current information of the others. Just ruminating, not advocating for a national ID card, so please do not come to my house and attempt to shoot me or my dog or my porch light.
I'll be 64 this yr, still not much of a retirement plan other than boots full of manure ,and maybe playin' out again ( which i really miss) , but what do i care about chips? I figure our government knows more about me that i do myself, put the d*mn chip in my gourd, it'd help speed me through the checkout lines fumbling for my glasses.....~S~

We're getting closer to that point. One of the things in Biden's platform was for all gun owners to have a federal ID. He hasn't talked about it yet but he just got there. I'm sure we will hear about it within his first year.

I just have a Government issued PIV badge which already has an RFID chip.

Do you think the IQ is as low as somebody who think there are 14 quadrillion people on the planet, much less in the US or voting for President Biden, or anybody else. Interesting to use gross exaggeration in discussing IQ and political persuasion. Pretty unlikely we will see $5.00 gasoline either, but suit your alarmist, minimally rational self. I am just glad you don't pick stock trades for me.

Here gasoline went up 30 cents a gallon after Biden's was sworn in. One of the first thing he did was kill off potentially 70,000 American jobs by cutting off the Keystone. If you think he's stopping there, I have a bridge to sell you.
Hmmm....

I don't remember a single one of you blaming Trump when gas moved from 2.14 to 2.72 between 2016 and 2018.

Maybe you're just another cheeto-sucker without the foggiest notion of what to think without your daily dose of OANN and NEWSMAX

~S~

I'm in construction W6, they locked us down at first, and have been slowly relaxing it all , i guess i'm 'essential' , our hospitality contingent is, however, having agonal respirations into '21. It's not good, and i personally know a lot of 'em in my small pond , either that of servicing their electrical needs, or waste removal (i'm a pig farmer , fluent in porcine... ) The local communities.....well yes they've stepped up with what they can, the Feds? i just don't know , throwing $$$ at every problem sounds like a remedy ......i just wish their aim was a tad more precise....~S~
Fluent in porcine, eh. From farm background but not really hogs, more than family needs. I do speak Pig Latin, though they never seem to appreciate it noticeably. Might have been the southern accent.

Forum List

Back