GOP lawmaker wants $1,400 payment reserved for people who get COVID-19 vaccine

Do you think the IQ is as low as somebody who think there are 14 quadrillion people on the planet, much less in the US or voting for President Biden, or anybody else. Interesting to use gross exaggeration in discussing IQ and political persuasion. Pretty unlikely we will see $5.00 gasoline either, but suit your alarmist, minimally rational self. I am just glad you don't pick stock trades for me.

Here gasoline went up 30 cents a gallon after Biden's was sworn in. One of the first thing he did was kill off potentially 70,000 American jobs by cutting off the Keystone. If you think he's stopping there, I have a bridge to sell you.
Hey Ray from Cleveland, isn't the feds looking for your white ass?

I hope to see democrats line up for these vaccines. If they were in such demand, there would be no need to pay people to take them.

Some have told us they would never take a vaccine created under Trump. They were the first in line to get it.
I won't take it. If the vaccine was good for Americans, Democrats would oppose it.

At a certain time in the future, I would not care if we burned fossil fuel or not if the costs settle down and it is abundant in a non damaging way. I just see no way to transition in the next 15 or 20 years. It's not happening, so I am not planning to worry about it any time soon. All the big oil companies are funding projects with wind, solar, tidal power, etc. Good stuff but not able to meet the demands at price point at the present time, but they want to insure themselves a big piece of the future, because sooner or later, we will transition.

I couldn't agree more. The reason few want alternatives and it has to be subsidized by the government is due to price and reliability. Give me something cheaper and more reliable than gas to run my car, count me in. Give me a fuel that will lower my house energy bill, I'll be glad to switch to whatever. But Democrats want to force this down our throats against our will. That's why I'm predicting the Keystone is just one of many steps.

Therefore the price of energy has to go up. How much is based on the actions of the Democrats now in complete power of the country. What I am sure of is we can say farewell to $2.00 a gallon gasoline, at least until we can clean these problem makers out of our government.
Anyone care to guess why gas got so cheap over the last year?

There were three specific reasons...none having to do with American politics at all

I won't take it. If the vaccine was good for Americans, Democrats would oppose it.
I'm glad you won't take That means it will be available for sane people...and yes..I damn sure will take it. Always would have

Man, you seem like a fucking retard. I got my 2nd vaccine on Wednesday. How did I know where to go get that shot? Well, IDIOT, the CDC issues a card to users after the first shot specifically requiring the signature of the physician giving the second dose 28 days later.

PS: I hate ignorant fucks like you. Politics aren't really a factor in that decision.

You hate ignorant fucks like me but participate in my topic. Typical dumb leftist.

You have a politician wanting to create policy to get the stimulus check, say it isn't politics, and then call me ignorant? How dumb can you be? Of course this is politics. Ask your mommy to explain it to you.

There's enough stupidity in the Rump wing of the GOP right now to spread around and lower every American's IQ by 10 points.

Do you have anything on topic to add, or are you just using this one to continue your childish never ending Trump bashing?

Nothing TO add pal. I agree that it was a stupid proposal. There are many who won't be eligible to get the vaccine until mid to late summer. That $1400 could make the difference between a home and homelessness.

And yes, there's a lotta stupid swirling around in the Rump wing of the GOP.
its funny how you never mention the stupid swirling around in the democratic party....

First off, how would people be able to prove they got the vaccine?

Seriously?

I have problems with giving stimulus checks only to those who are vaccinated, but not for the same reason as you.

Do you seriously not have a record of what inoculations you've received?

Of course I do. But we have 360 million people in this country. All 360 million people need to send Washington forms or whatever that they got the vaccine? Sounds like an awful lot of work and a big expense we don't need.

That aside, I'm against bribery and politicians taxing people into submission. It's not what our founders ever wanted and it's certainly something that we the people don't want. It's just like face masks. If you want to wear one, fine, if you don't, that's fine too. I'm against government officials making it mandatory in a free country.

There were three specific reasons...none having to do with American politics at all

We had a pro-energy President, that's one of the reasons. Now we have an anti-energy party in charge of the entire government.

Prices are basically controlled by commodity traders. I traded commodities for a couple of years. While I only got into energy one time (boy was that a mistake) I learned how commodity traders think. For instance I remember during the Bush years. Some farmer had a few cows that had hoof and mouth disease. Traders got rid of their long contracts on cattle and the price plunged over two Fn cows. We had plenty of cattle for everybody, but investors panicked and dumped it anyway. Bush got on television and the news showed him eating a hamburger to give people confidence nothing was really wrong, and within two months, cattle went back up to the price it did before those two cows were discovered.

Energy is the exact same way. It's not what we got and don't got, it's what investors think is going to happen. That's why it's referred to as the Futures Market.

Exactly, and that should be your choice. I'm going to get it, and because of my medical conditions, they are taking appointments for people like me right now. I was skeptical as well, so I called my cousin who retired from that line of work, and she assured me it's completely safe and there will be no long term problems. If I can't trust her, who can I trust? When I called her last week to discuss the issue, she also told me she worked under Dr. Fauci which is something I didn't know. She's the genius in our family so she was the deciding factor in my decision.

Exactly, and that should be your choice. I'm going to get it, and because of my medical conditions, they are taking appointments for people like me right now. I was skeptical as well, so I called my cousin who retired from that line of work, and she assured me it's completely safe and there will be no long term problems. If I can't trust her, who can I trust? When I called her last week to discuss the issue, she also told me she worked under Dr. Fauci which is something I didn't know. She's the genius in our family so she was the deciding factor in my decision.
Good luck. Hope you do better than hank Aaron.

We had a pro-energy President, that's one of the reasons. Now we have an anti-energy party in charge of the entire government.

Prices are basically controlled by commodity traders. I traded commodities for a couple of years. While I only got into energy one time (boy was that a mistake) I learned how commodity traders think. For instance I remember during the Bush years. Some farmer had a few cows that had hoof and mouth disease. Traders got rid of their long contracts on cattle and the price plunged over two Fn cows. We had plenty of cattle for everybody, but investors panicked and dumped it anyway. Bush got on television and the news showed him eating a hamburger to give people confidence nothing was really wrong, and within two months, cattle went back up to the price it did before those two cows were discovered.

Energy is the exact same way. It's not what we got and don't got, it's what investors think is going to happen. That's why it's referred to as the Futures Market.
Jesus.

OPEC raised production

Russian cut prices

Worldwide pandemic slashed demand.

NONE of that had anything to do with American politics at all

WASHINGTON (NEXSTAR) — Now that he’s assumed office, President Joe Biden is expected to get his $1.9 trillion coronavirus relief plan passed as quickly as possible. The measure includes a $1,400 stimulus checks for most Americans.

With Democrats in control of both the presidency and Congress, the overall plan has a good chance of passage. However, one Republican congressman is throwing up a roadblock of sorts.

Rep. Steve Stivers, a Republican from Ohio, suggested checks go to people who’ve received the coronavirus vaccine.

“I hope the administration will look at that option because we actually buy something with our $1,400 — and that’s herd immunity,” Stivers said in an interview with Yahoo Finance.

He suggested the quickest way to get the economy going is to get people vaccinated and back to work or school.

“I’d be willing to accept a $1,400 stimulus check if people are willing to take the vaccine,” Stivers added.

While that suggestion is not likely to move forward, Biden’s plan isn’t moving as quickly as some hoped. The checks are part of a complex and layered plan that includes increasing the minimum wage to $15 an hour, expanding paid leave for workers and increasing tax credits for families with children.

So far, the Biden White House has declined to provide a timeline for getting its proposed relief package through, saying that officials are beginning to schedule meetings with lawmakers to discuss the proposal.

Who elects jokers like this? I'm a diehard conservative, but when one of my own acts out, I'll call them on it.

First off, how would people be able to prove they got the vaccine? Secondly, what kind of administration costs would be involved? Right now, if they decide to send everybody a stimulus check, it's as simple as hitting a few buttons on their keyboard I'm sure. To go through each American one by one to double check they got the vaccine would take many months if not over a year. Then there's the fact that there isn't enough vaccine to go around to everybody just yet. That too may take a couple of months.

It will never be a requirement, but how stupid do you have to be to even think of something like this?

There is finally something you and I agree on.

How stupid is it to require people to get a vaccine to get that 1400 dollars when there isn't enough vaccine for everyone?

I'm not going to get a penny of that stimulus and haven't gotten a penny of any of the money that was sent out in the last year. Nor do I want it.

What I want is to be able to get the vaccine.

I could care less about a lousy 1400 dollars. I want the vaccine.

While I don't want or need that money there are hundreds of millions Americans who do. Get that money out to them along with the vaccine quickly.

I'm just disgusted that trump never had a plan to distribute the vaccine.

Forum List

Back