GOP lawmaker wants $1,400 payment reserved for people who get COVID-19 vaccine

Sorry, but the price increase by the petroleum industry was started before Joe became president 3 days ago...

Not here. It bounced around a bit, especially after the election, but after he was inaugurated, it shot up.

Hope you are wrong. Too early for me to guess.

It all depends on what Big Brother does with all this. It's not just Biden, but the entire Democrat party is all for getting rid of fossil fuels, and they will be the ones to actually call the shots. Biden is just a puppet really.

WASHINGTON (NEXSTAR) — Now that he’s assumed office, President Joe Biden is expected to get his $1.9 trillion coronavirus relief plan passed as quickly as possible. The measure includes a $1,400 stimulus checks for most Americans.

With Democrats in control of both the presidency and Congress, the overall plan has a good chance of passage. However, one Republican congressman is throwing up a roadblock of sorts.

Rep. Steve Stivers, a Republican from Ohio, suggested checks go to people who’ve received the coronavirus vaccine.

“I hope the administration will look at that option because we actually buy something with our $1,400 — and that’s herd immunity,” Stivers said in an interview with Yahoo Finance.

He suggested the quickest way to get the economy going is to get people vaccinated and back to work or school.

“I’d be willing to accept a $1,400 stimulus check if people are willing to take the vaccine,” Stivers added.

While that suggestion is not likely to move forward, Biden’s plan isn’t moving as quickly as some hoped. The checks are part of a complex and layered plan that includes increasing the minimum wage to $15 an hour, expanding paid leave for workers and increasing tax credits for families with children.

So far, the Biden White House has declined to provide a timeline for getting its proposed relief package through, saying that officials are beginning to schedule meetings with lawmakers to discuss the proposal.

Who elects jokers like this? I'm a diehard conservative, but when one of my own acts out, I'll call them on it.

First off, how would people be able to prove they got the vaccine? Secondly, what kind of administration costs would be involved? Right now, if they decide to send everybody a stimulus check, it's as simple as hitting a few buttons on their keyboard I'm sure. To go through each American one by one to double check they got the vaccine would take many months if not over a year. Then there's the fact that there isn't enough vaccine to go around to everybody just yet. That too may take a couple of months.

It will never be a requirement, but how stupid do you have to be to even think of something like this?
Dude...your party has gone off the rails.

Good on ya for noting this. I'll leave it at that

Hope you are wrong. Too early for me to guess.

It all depends on what Big Brother does with all this. It's not just Biden, but the entire Democrat party is all for getting rid of fossil fuels, and they will be the ones to actually call the shots. Biden is just a puppet really.
At a certain time in the future, I would not care if we burned fossil fuel or not if the costs settle down and it is abundant in a non damaging way. I just see no way to transition in the next 15 or 20 years. It's not happening, so I am not planning to worry about it any time soon. All the big oil companies are funding projects with wind, solar, tidal power, etc. Good stuff but not able to meet the demands at price point at the present time, but they want to insure themselves a big piece of the future, because sooner or later, we will transition.

At a certain time in the future, I would not care if we burned fossil fuel or not if the costs settle down and it is abundant in a non damaging way. I just see no way to transition in the next 15 or 20 years. It's not happening, so I am not planning to worry about it any time soon. All the big oil companies are funding projects with wind, solar, tidal power, etc. Good stuff but not able to meet the demands at price point at the present time, but they want to insure themselves a big piece of the future, because sooner or later, we will transition.

I couldn't agree more. The reason few want alternatives and it has to be subsidized by the government is due to price and reliability. Give me something cheaper and more reliable than gas to run my car, count me in. Give me a fuel that will lower my house energy bill, I'll be glad to switch to whatever. But Democrats want to force this down our throats against our will. That's why I'm predicting the Keystone is just one of many steps.

Therefore the price of energy has to go up. How much is based on the actions of the Democrats now in complete power of the country. What I am sure of is we can say farewell to $2.00 a gallon gasoline, at least until we can clean these problem makers out of our government.

I couldn't agree more. The reason few want alternatives and it has to be subsidized by the government is due to price and reliability. Give me something cheaper and more reliable than gas to run my car, count me in. Give me a fuel that will lower my house energy bill, I'll be glad to switch to whatever. But Democrats want to force this down our throats against our will. That's why I'm predicting the Keystone is just one of many steps.

Therefore the price of energy has to go up. How much is based on the actions of the Democrats now in complete power of the country. What I am sure of is we can say farewell to $2.00 a gallon gasoline, at least until we can clean these problem makers out of our government.
You could be right. It could be a step toward jumping the current price up, to encourage alternatives. We will see what we see. While not worried about the eventual transition, I too am against artificially raising energy costs domestically to make it more attractive.

WASHINGTON (NEXSTAR) — Now that he’s assumed office, President Joe Biden is expected to get his $1.9 trillion coronavirus relief plan passed as quickly as possible. The measure includes a $1,400 stimulus checks for most Americans.

With Democrats in control of both the presidency and Congress, the overall plan has a good chance of passage. However, one Republican congressman is throwing up a roadblock of sorts.

Rep. Steve Stivers, a Republican from Ohio, suggested checks go to people who’ve received the coronavirus vaccine.

“I hope the administration will look at that option because we actually buy something with our $1,400 — and that’s herd immunity,” Stivers said in an interview with Yahoo Finance.

He suggested the quickest way to get the economy going is to get people vaccinated and back to work or school.

“I’d be willing to accept a $1,400 stimulus check if people are willing to take the vaccine,” Stivers added.

While that suggestion is not likely to move forward, Biden’s plan isn’t moving as quickly as some hoped. The checks are part of a complex and layered plan that includes increasing the minimum wage to $15 an hour, expanding paid leave for workers and increasing tax credits for families with children.

So far, the Biden White House has declined to provide a timeline for getting its proposed relief package through, saying that officials are beginning to schedule meetings with lawmakers to discuss the proposal.

Who elects jokers like this? I'm a diehard conservative, but when one of my own acts out, I'll call them on it.

First off, how would people be able to prove they got the vaccine? Secondly, what kind of administration costs would be involved? Right now, if they decide to send everybody a stimulus check, it's as simple as hitting a few buttons on their keyboard I'm sure. To go through each American one by one to double check they got the vaccine would take many months if not over a year. Then there's the fact that there isn't enough vaccine to go around to everybody just yet. That too may take a couple of months.

It will never be a requirement, but how stupid do you have to be to even think of something like this?

Man, you seem like a fucking retard. I got my 2nd vaccine on Wednesday. How did I know where to go get that shot? Well, IDIOT, the CDC issues a card to users after the first shot specifically requiring the signature of the physician giving the second dose 28 days later.

PS: I hate ignorant fucks like you. Politics aren't really a factor in that decision.

Last edited:

" First off, how would people be able to prove they got the vaccine? "

An official signed form or card?

I hope to see democrats line up for these vaccines. If they were in such demand, there would be no need to pay people to take them.

I hope to see democrats line up for these vaccines. If they were in such demand, there would be no need to pay people to take them.

Thanks for the disinformation, uneducated idiot.
Fuck off troll

Go get your vaccine. Why pay people to take a vaccine everyone can't wait to get. Won't that make the line longer?

Fuck off troll

Go get your vaccine. Why pay people to take a vaccine everyone can't wait to get. Won't that make the line longer?

I have no interest in whatever it is you're currently rambling on about Please,.FUCK OFF.

Fuck off troll

I have no interest in whatever it is you're currently rambling on about Please,.FUCK OFF.
I don't expect a troll like you to do anything but make shit comments with nothing to back them.

Republicans aren't Conservatives , they are nothing more than the Democratic party lite.

Forum List

Back