GOP lawmaker suggests Trump use some of his own money to help pay for border wall

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017
GOP lawmaker suggests Trump use some of his own money to help pay for border wall

Rep. Walter Jones (R-N.C.) said that President Trump should considering tapping into his personal funds to help pay for a wall along the southern border.

"If Mexico isn't going to be made to pay for a wall, that means funds must be found internally," Walter said in a statement Friday.

"As a wealthy man, the president might consider pledging some of his own funds as well. Whatever it takes, just so long as we don't add to the debt that is bankrupting our great country."

------------------

I think this is a terrific idea.

Better to uses Soror's money after the RICO forfeiture for sponsoring the caravan

Rep. Walter Jones (R-N.C.) said that President Trump should considering tapping into his personal funds to help pay for a wall along the southern border.

"If Mexico isn't going to be made to pay for a wall, that means funds must be found internally," Walter said in a statement Friday.

"As a wealthy man, the president might consider pledging some of his own funds as well. Whatever it takes, just so long as we don't add to the debt that is bankrupting our great country."

------------------

Walter Jones is a sick man and missed 27 roll call votes in the late summer and fall of 2018. He is 75 years old, and he may have to resign his seat. He may have senior issues that preclude his future in the House. When his mind is restored, perhaps he will help with funding. President Trump is not taking a salary nor benefits for his service to the USA as our president. Quoting sick, elderly people Congresscritters with severe issues is beneath the pale.

• Banned
Better to uses Soror's money after the RICO forfeiture for sponsoring the caravan
Even though you come across as an ignorant twit most of the time, spouting that Soros organized and paid for a caravan from Central America, I thought, was beyond your meager sensibilities. That it was something too stupid for even you to believe.

Apparently, I was wrong. I'm sorry for overestimating you.

• Banned

------------------

Walter Jones is a sick man and missed 27 roll call votes in the late summer and fall of 2018. He is 75 years old, and he may have to resign his seat. He may have senior issues that preclude his future in the House. When his mind is restored, perhaps he will help with funding. President Trump is not taking a salary nor benefits for his service to the USA as our president. Quoting sick, elderly people Congresscritters with severe issues is beneath the pale.
If Trump isn't taking anything, then why all the lawsuits against him for profiting?

It's called emoluments clause. Ever hear of it?

Forum List

Back