GOP is Fractured

and may not be able to recover for some time...

Way I see it there party is fractured into three parts to simplify it.

#1) The new Trump party. These are ardent to the death Trump supporters. He does not do anything wrong. He wants what is best for the country. Best President Ever. Trump or Death. Consider liberals to be the enemy of America. Believe GOP who turned on Trump are traitors. They are strongly concerned with the PC/Cancel culture. See AOC as an idiot. ~ 30%

#2) The Independent/Moderate. They like Trump's fiscal policies. They think he needs to at times tone down his rhetoric. They like his America First stance and strong military buildout. They have concerns over the budget deficit. They will support other candidates. They are strongly concerned with the PC/Cancel culture as well but consider liberals to be just people with opposing POV but leftists are the enemy of America as are the Alt Right. See AOC as an idiot. ~55%

#3) They are old school GOP, many call them RINOs. They hate Trump and would rather vote 3rd party, not vote or vote Democrat rather than support him. They despise everything about him. Now that he is gone they will likely come back to the party but maybe not. See AOC as an idiot. ~15%

As I can gauge all three dislike one another and it would be tough to find candidates in 2022 (House) and 2024 (WH0 to placate the full 100% so to me the Democratic Party will be running this country for the next few elections, I say ~12 years. For those who care....I am the one in the middle. Independent/Moderate. I do not believe that Trump caused this fracture. It was always there. But Trump brought it out into the open for sure.

Congratulations again to the Democratic Party. You own Washington and you won the culture war. I am still unsure as to how this happened as many of the positions are illogical to me but no one cares what losers think. For now you are the winners and winners write history.

Let me have it...sincerely, The Pale Orc.
Is being concerned about "fiscal responsibility" and debts while being quiet as a church mouse while Trump exploded the debt an illogical position or no?

Congress spends money, Loon

Try Schoolhouse Rock, it appeals to your level
Trump has veto power does he not??

But aside from your answer being a bitch ass deflection....

Wouldn't that also mean Obama, Bush, or anyone else aren't to blame for the debt and deficits during their time in office?

Or does only your cult leader get that pass?

View attachment 442759
/----/ What happened every time Trump threatened to veto a budget? You scumbags crawled out of the woodwork crying he was hurting gubmint employees living from paycheck to paycheck. Or did you forget that?
And it's not defection to ask how quickly democRATs will reign in spending and pass a balanced budget.

When did I make a thread praising Trump? I have replied multiple times how I dislike his budget handling. That being said he is just signing what Congress gives him.

It happens all the time -- Posters whose understanding of the world is so extremely limited that they can only see the world in binary react to the slightest divergence from their own rigidly conformist views as being indictive of a person having just as conformist opposite views. Their attachment to politics is in terms of identity rather than principles, and so everybody else must be either with them or against them.

#1) The new Trump party. These are ardent to the death Trump supporters. He does not do anything wrong. He wants what is best for the country. Best President Ever. Trump or Death. Consider liberals to be the enemy of America. Believe GOP who turned on Trump are traitors. They are strongly concerned with the PC/Cancel culture. See AOC as an idiot. ~ 30%

#2) The Independent/Moderate. They like Trump's fiscal policies. They think he needs to at times tone down his rhetoric. They like his America First stance and strong military buildout. They have concerns over the budget deficit. They will support other candidates. They are strongly concerned with the PC/Cancel culture as well but consider liberals to be just people with opposing POV but leftists are the enemy of America as are the Alt Right. See AOC as an idiot. ~55%

#3) They are old school GOP, many call them RINOs. They hate Trump and would rather vote 3rd party, not vote or vote Democrat rather than support him. They despise everything about him. Now that he is gone they will likely come back to the party but maybe not. See AOC as an idiot. ~15%

As I can gauge all three dislike one another and it would be tough to find candidates in 2022 (House) and 2024 (WH0 to placate the full 100% so to me the Democratic Party will be running this country for the next few elections, I say ~12 years. For those who care....I am the one in the middle. Independent/Moderate. I do not believe that Trump caused this fracture. It was always there. But Trump brought it out into the open for sure.

Congratulations again to the Democratic Party. You own Washington and you won the culture war. I am still unsure as to how this happened as many of the positions are illogical to me but no one cares what losers think. For now you are the winners and winners write history.

Not bad, Azog. I am independent, rather than have an allegiance to any party, though have voted with and for Republicans on many occasions and have many Republican friends. If I were Republican, I would be somewhere between group #2 and #3.
Not at all sure, Democrats won the culture war. Like the cold war, it cannot be called as being won or being over by one side, as the other side is not giving up, only getting recommended to sit down sit down and shut up for the moment. Whether they do either, is up in the air. It is not over and may never be. I too, congratulate the Democratic Party for their success and my thanks for services rendered to the country. Just as Trump saved us from Hillary, the Democrats appear to have saved us from Trump. :cool:

Is being concerned about "fiscal responsibility" and debts while being quiet as a church mouse while Trump exploded the debt an illogical position or no?

I voiced my concern many times as a fiscal conservative, I am not a Republican, nor did I support Trump.

I also won't be silent with the spending the Democrats are going to do.

Wouldn't that also mean Obama, Bush, or anyone else aren't to blame for the debt and deficits during their time in office?

View attachment 442759
He wanted to veto but wanted the military spend so he acquiesced and I disagree with him on that. 09 was the great recession. Why not go back to 2000? You're picking and choosing and hijacking this thread. It is about the fractured GOP. Not about me and the budget. Learn to read.
Now tell us what he wanted to veto that bill for??

Was it due to his "fiscal conservatism"??
/----/ What difference does it make? A veto is a veto. How quickly will democRATs reign in spending and pass a balanced budget?

When did I make a thread praising Trump? I have replied multiple times how I dislike his budget handling. That being said he is just signing what Congress gives him.

It happens all the time -- Posters whose understanding of the world is so extremely limited that they can only see the world in binary react to the slightest divergence from their own rigidly conformist views as being indictive of a person having just as conformist opposite views. Their attachment to politics is in terms of identity rather than principles, and so everybody else must be either with them or against them.
Thank you. I am waiting for him to find the numerous threads I started praising Trump. Of course that is not true so he is a liar.

View attachment 442759
He wanted to veto but wanted the military spend so he acquiesced and I disagree with him on that. 09 was the great recession. Why not go back to 2000? You're picking and choosing and hijacking this thread. It is about the fractured GOP. Not about me and the budget. Learn to read.
and the reason the GOP is fractured is because for 40 plus years -- they have been telling themselves fairy tales about what they profess to represent -- when the rest of us know better.....

For 40 plus years they have relied on scapegoats be it "the gays are coming to get us" -- or whatever nurmerous other bullshit culture war grievances they have.....they taught their base for decades that these were the cause of their problems, if we win that culture war, the material conditions of your life, your jobs, etc -- all of that will improve if we win the culture wars......when all along, their policies were more the problem than whether 2 gays got married or not.....their own policies and the policies of establish corporate politicians in general was always the problem...

EfL2WF4UEAEAOLp.jpg

This post addresses the OP's opinion that the GOP is "fractured".
I disagree. The binary choice in 2022 and 2024 is GOP or democrat, that is an easy one, GOP, period.

The 2022 mid-terms should swing the House and Senate back to the GOP if the states fix their broken election systems in time. The democrats have to defend Warnock again in GA. Good luck.

In 2024, the democrats have Kamala Harris. Can you honestly say that any Trump voter would vote for Kamala Harris over ANY GOP candidate? Never. By 2024 the democrats will have alienated most of the US with their policies. Trump would never make it out of the primaries. If he does, it could be an interesting election.

/----/ Well, if Trump is responsible for blowing up the debt, let's see how quickly democRATs reign in spending and pass a balanced budget.

Unions are demanding $1 TRILLION. It's going to be called the We got ours, Fuck you, America! Bill

Not bad, Azog. I am independent, rather than have an allegiance to any party, though have voted with and for Republicans on many occasions and have many Republican friends. If I were Republican, I would be somewhere between group #2 and #3.
Not at all sure, Democrats won the culture war. Like the cold war, it cannot be called as being won or being over by one side, as the other side is not giving up, only getting recommended to sit down sit down and shut up for the moment. Whether they do either, is up in the air. It is not over and may never be. I too, congratulate the Democratic Party for their success and my thanks for services rendered to the country. Just as Trump saved us from Hillary, the Democrats appear to have saved us from Trump. :cool:
White, I am an Independent. Hence #2 says "Independent" but does vote Red. Our school Hockey team is not allowed to wear suits on game days because it is considered "hazing". Tell me again how the left has not won the culture war please? Checkmate.

View attachment 442759
and the reason the GOP is fractured is because for 40 plus years -- they have been telling themselves fairy tales about what they profess to represent -- when the rest of us know better.....

For 40 plus years they have relied on scapegoats be it "the gays are coming to get us" -- or whatever nurmerous other bullshit culture war grievances they have.....they taught their base for decades that these were the cause of their problems, if we win that culture war, the material conditions of your life, your jobs, etc -- all of that will improve if we win the culture wars......when all along, their policies were more the problem than whether 2 gays got married or not.....their own policies and the policies of establish corporate politicians in general was always the problem...

View attachment 442760

Pay rose with productivity, then we went off the gold standard and have been getting paid in wampum

View attachment 442759

Good. Now, Sleepy Joe can cut the deficit now, show himself to be the Deficit Hawk he claims to be. The Republicans can help him on it, like Speaker Boehner helped Obama with his blessed Sequestration that helped the economy.

Nary a peep from the left when o was blowing out the debt. Your croc tears mean nothing.

This post addresses the OP's opinion that the GOP is "fractured".
I disagree. The binary choice in 2022 and 2024 is GOP or democrat, that is an easy one, GOP, period.

The 2022 mid-terms should swing the House and Senate back to the GOP if the states fix their broken election systems in time. The democrats have to defend Warnock again in GA. Good luck.

In 2024, the democrats have Kamala Harris. Can you honestly say that any Trump voter would vote for Kamala Harris over ANY GOP candidate? Never. By 2024 the democrats will have alienated most of the US with their policies. Trump would never make it out of the primaries. If he does, it could be an interesting election.
Time will tell. For now, to me the party seems fractured. GA senate elections are case in point. Rarely do I see leftists fight one another on this site. Red leaning posters do frequently.

It should be fractured with the RINOs not voting to send the contested ballots back to the states for a ten day audit and for ten of the cowards to give aid and comfort to the Democrat filth by voting with them to impeach Trump.

We expect Democrats to be full of hate and dumber than a door knob. That is what the party is all about. They are always assholes. However, if ten Republicans couldn't see that the impeachment bullshit was nothing more to distract from the fact the Democrats stole the election and China Joe is an illegitimate President then they shouldn't be holding offices as Republicans.

Yes.....on the left you have a solid group of Democrats who are held together by hatred and fear and then you have a GOP that lies to their base and gives them the false impression that they aren't going along with the criminals in the Democrat Party.

It should be fractured with the RINOs not voting to send the contested ballots back to the states for a ten day audit and for ten of the cowards to give aid and comfort to the Democrat filth by voting with them to impeach Trump.

We expect Democrats to be full of hate and dumber than a door knob. That is what the party is all about. They are always assholes. However, if ten Republicans couldn't see that the impeachment bullshit was nothing more to distract from the fact the Democrats stole the election and China Joe is an illegitimate President then they shouldn't be holding offices as Republicans.
Case in point of my thread. Thank you.

1610641242567.png

View attachment 442759
Now tell us what he wanted to veto that bill for??

Was it due to his "fiscal conservatism"??
/----/ What difference does it make? A veto is a veto. How quickly will democRATs reign in spending and pass a balanced budget?
I don't panic about deficit spending because I know that has been bullshit for 30 years now....I especially knew it when Cheney said this....

"Deficits don't mater"

And I really really knew debt and deficit talk was bullshit when Rush admitted it himself a couple of years ago....

"Nobody is a fiscal conservative anymore,” Limbaugh shot back. “All this talk about concern for the deficit and the budget has been bogus for as long as it’s been around.”

If you want to do austerity cuts, start with the defense budget first....they definitely ain't hurting for money....

Yes.....on the left you have a solid group of Democrats who are held together by hatred and fear and then you have a GOP that lies to their base and gives them the false impression that they aren't going along with the criminals in the Democrat Party.
^^ If you folks didn't have self-projections, you couldn't communicate at all

New Topics

Forum List

Back