GOP fought against Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid. But GOP policies started the "great debt".

R

rdean

GOP fought tooth and nail against Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid. Social Security - the greatest anti poverty program in the history of the world.

Republicans said these programs will bankrupt the United States. That was their reason. The GOP insists they were fighting for fiscal sanity against the "tax and spend" Democrats.

Isn't it ironic that it was the Bush Tax Cuts that took us down the road to unsustainable deficits? First trillions in tax cuts that did not create jobs. Then the GOP helping business move millions of jobs overseas which led to the closings of tens of thousands of factories costing this country trillions more in revenue.

Then the fiscally sane GOP cut taxes by trillions while waging two wars costing even more trillions.

And they are so ashamed, they blame it on Obama. They aren't even man enough to stand up for what they did. This is why they have to be defeated. Who could vote for a party that is so wrong again and again. Any Republican who gets Social Security should be ashamed.

Where is the link to anything that supports any part of your BS as fact?

You do know the President responsible for Social Security OPPOSED the long-term existence of the program because, as he warned, of the potential for it to become corrupted and turned into a huge Ponzi scheme, right?! And he was right...

I know that this is not the primary message of the thread, but Paul Ryan said today that the republican message this election year is going to be the defunding of Planned Parenthood, and ACA,

Apparently, he got the check that the DNC sent to him! I guess that it was not big enough for him to include the "terminate Medicare" plank in the GOP platform, but these two points should do the trick. Good job, Paul! Us democrats are counting on you!

You do know the President responsible for Social Security OPPOSED the long-term existence of the program because, as he warned, of the potential for it to become corrupted and turned into a huge Ponzi scheme, right?! And he was right...
We all know who started Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid. Do I have to provide a link to common knowledge that everyone knows?????

Besides, where the fuck is your link shithead?

President Franklin D. Roosevelt signed the Social Security Bill into law on August 14, 1935, only 14 months after sending a special message to Congress on June 8, 1934, that promised a plan for social insurance as a safeguard "against the hazards and vicissitudes of life."

The President transmitted the Committee's report to the 74th Congress on January 17, 1935, almost equally dividing the 14 months spanning the work of the Committee and the work of the Congress. Today, 50 years later, Wilbur J. Cohen, who was a 21-year-old research assistant to the Executive Director of the CES and later served as Secretary of Health, Education, and Welfare, writes: "If any piece of social legislation can be called historic or revolutionary, in breaking with the past and in terms of long run impact, it is the Social Security Act. "

Social Security History

Ignorant fucking right whiner.

BHO saw same books as all the other thieves. He approved spending at phony "stimulus" levels $3.7T for 8 years. R should have shut it all down when they took Congress. Yes Boner, McConnel Ryan Establishment own a piece of $19T disaster. Glass Stegall 1999 anyone? Setup the crash.

BHO saw same books as all the other thieves. He approved spending at phony "stimulus" levels $3.7T for 8 years. R should have shut it all down when they took Congress. Yes Boner, McConnel Ryan Establishment own a piece of $19T disaster. Glass Stegall 1999 anyone? Setup the crash.

Num?

We've covered this.......don't make me come over there....

Third world countries don't have Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid

Social Security is not a Ponzi scheme. Your brain is a Ponzi scheme.

GOP fought tooth and nail against Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid. Social Security - the greatest anti poverty program in the history of the world.

Republicans said these programs will bankrupt the United States. That was their reason. The GOP insists they were fighting for fiscal sanity against the "tax and spend" Democrats.

Isn't it ironic that it was the Bush Tax Cuts that took us down the road to unsustainable deficits? First trillions in tax cuts that did not create jobs. Then the GOP helping business move millions of jobs overseas which led to the closings of tens of thousands of factories costing this country trillions more in revenue.

Then the fiscally sane GOP cut taxes by trillions while waging two wars costing even more trillions.

And they are so ashamed, they blame it on Obama. They aren't even man enough to stand up for what they did. This is why they have to be defeated. Who could vote for a party that is so wrong again and again. Any Republican who gets Social Security should be ashamed.

Republicans said these programs will bankrupt the United States

How much is their long-term shortfall?
$11 trillion for SS and at least that much for Medicare?
Is that leading us to bankruptcy?

If SS is so great, NYC, I'm going to give you a chance for you to prove it and double your money. To do so, all you have to do is:

1. Open up a joint savings account with me

2. Every paycheck we will have money automatically taken out of your paycheck and put into the account.

3. YOU can NEVER take any money out of the account...but I can...whenever I want.

4. When you reach a certain age, decided by me, I will give you a certain amount of money - the amount decided by me - each month. If I decide to raise that age limit I can at any time.

5. When you die all of that / your money will go to me, not your family.

Sounds GREAT, right?! That's what the government does, NYC. So, ready to double-up on their great offer/plan?! If you really think SS is such a great idea you'll do it...

Last edited:

Hate to break it to you dumbass....but the "great stupidity" as I call it is bankrupting the US. Trillions spent...more poverty now than when it started.

The government has run in the red every single year since 1957. The tax cuts did create jobs, unfortunately when the crash hit they all went too. You fail to understand why businesses go overseas. That government regulation you SO love? That's why. What's your plan to keep them from leaving? Chain them to their desks? I know you Democrats love slavery, so why not start it again there right?

If the government will give me back the money it stole from me all these years, I'll be happy to take a pass on Social Security. Unfortunately since Democrat and Republican congresses alike have stolen all the money that was supposed to be in the SS trust fund, they're too fisking broke to do it.

And why do liberals say we don't have enough money to give senior SS recipients an annual cost of living increase WHILE they give themselves raises, spend billions on bringing in/housing/feeding/etc illegals and 'refugees'...and on teaching alcoholic Chinese prostitutes to drink more responsibly on duty and studying the sex life of gay Argentinians (Both 'valuable' prograns Obama/Liverals spent our tax dollars on in their failed Stimulus bill)!

Third world countries don't have Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid

Which according to conservative 'logic', should make them better places to live.
Liberals are turning America into a third world country

Liberals are trying to get rid of Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid?
Liberals are trying to get rid of America
Obama calls it 'Fundamental Change'...

Go ahead and try getting rid of these programs that tens of millions depend on. Good luck. Any politician that does has no shot at winning. Without them retired people might not eat or get medical care. As much as some anti Americans whine about them, they are here to stay. The voters will ensure it.

FDR warned of that massive dependency as well. It is one reason he said SS should never be alliwed to be a long-term program. Liberals learned, however, that dependency = votes / power...for them.

Forum List

Back