GOP Florida Debate Tonight on FOX

Agree with the Avatar - debates don't matter.

RP will NEVER get the GOP nomination - perhaps the Communist Party's - but not the GOP

Right, He won't get the Nomination. In the Debates He does challenge the Status Que of Both Parties. You know, the ones you cannot tell apart with your eyes closed. Now is the time to to question motive and challenge hypocrisy.

Agree with the Avatar - debates don't matter.

RP will NEVER get the GOP nomination - perhaps the Communist Party's - but not the GOP

Right, He won't get the Nomination. In the Debates He does challenge the Status Que of Both Parties. You know, the ones you cannot tell apart with your eyes closed. Now is the time to to question motive and challenge hypocrisy.

I agree. Thats one of the things I do like about Ron Paul. He isnt afraid to challenge the Status Quo

Brett Baier is the only one that sucks. Megyn Kelly and Chris Wallace tend to be good, but do at times have their biased moments.

Whereas you are completely unbiased, right? :lol:

Nope, I'm not unbiased, I am biased towards Ron Paul and biased against the establishment of course.

FYI: Paul can not win the election in '12, you know that too, right?

FYI: Ron Paul is polling solid double digits, in 3rd place, passed the former frontrunner Bachmann, and his suport has been solid all the way through and has made gradual increases as opposed to the fluctuating polling position of other candidates. Not to mention the Tea Party elected his son Rand Paul to Senate.

I don't give a rat's ass where he's 'polling', he will not win against Obama. Because very few independents will vote for the sort of naive bullshit that Libertarian's want. This country is center right.... as Obama has found to his cost... everyone - no matter what your personal views - should remember that one solid fact. There are more Americans who do not agree with any of the parties than there are in both parties combined.

Brett Baier is the only one that sucks. Megyn Kelly and Chris Wallace tend to be good, but do at times have their biased moments.

Whereas you are completely unbiased, right? :lol:

Nope, I'm not unbiased, I am biased towards Ron Paul and biased against the establishment of course.

FYI: Paul can not win the election in '12, you know that too, right?

FYI: Ron Paul is polling solid double digits, in 3rd place, passed the former frontrunner Bachmann, and his suport has been solid all the way through and has made gradual increases as opposed to the fluctuating polling position of other candidates. Not to mention the Tea Party elected his son Rand Paul to Senate.

Ron Paul's a complete nutter... he's the new Nader.

:lol:

One thing I've observed is that Ron Paul supporters are even more loyal and fanatical than are loyal and fanatical Obama supporters. Too often neither are willing to consider the long range effect and consequences of proposed policy, but rather condemn any who don't agree with them. :) I would very much like to have a real in depth debate considering long range effects and consequences between Ron Paul and some of the others. That is not going to happen on modern day television, however.

Another thing I've deserved is that so far both CNN and MSNBC have run better debates that have produced better responses than has Fox. Maybe with Megyn in the mix, they will step up their game. If not, Newt will be there to object to the stupid 'gotcha' kinds of questions they used last time. I want them to focus on things that all of us care about, namely economic policy and strategy. That would cover a great many issues that are out there.

Personally I don't think Perry has hurt himself at all in the debates. He and Mitt are currently the force to be reckoned with, but this early you can't really rule anybody out except for the hardcore libertarian that scares people far more than he attracts people to his better concepts. If Cain or Bachmann or even Johnson show some real inspiration, it could regenerate or peak some interest and change the game. Unfortunately, the questioners probably will not give any of them a chance to do that.

The media and the opposition is going to snatch and magnify any gaffe or stumble and make that the sum total of what anybody says and play it up as the most important thing that happened in the debate. It is important that we who are craving good government be smarter and more honest than that.

Any one of the announced candidates or ones that could still announce will be heads and shoulders above Barack Obama so far as doing less harm.

But I hope we don't get another liberal light who will only slow down the pace but not push for true reform that will put us back on solid footing.

What they say tonight and in other debates gives us a sense of who they are and what they are like. But the proof is in HOW they will do it. And the debates never quite get to that. For that we can only go by their track record for consistency of conviction and our gut that tells us 'yes' or 'no'.

"LET HIM DIE"!

Every Republican debate gives us even more "gems" to study and admire and laugh at.

Can't wait.

you guys wanna predict the next 2 drop-outs? Andy Johnson for sure, second choice,hmm, tossup between Ron and Rick.

What makes you think anyone is going to drop out?

Why on earth would anyone be foolish enough to drop out before a vote has been cast?

Pawlenty has already dropped out. Campaigns are tremendously expensive if you don't have a reasonable chance to win. He astutely realized he wasn't going to ever be the front runner in this field and chose to withdraw.

Others will do the same.

you guys wanna predict the next 2 drop-outs? Andy Johnson for sure, second choice,hmm, tossup between Ron and Rick.

Why on earth would anyone be foolish enough to drop out before a vote has been cast?

Pawlenty has already dropped out. Campaigns are tremendously expensive if you don't have a reasonable chance to win. He astutely realized he wasn't going to ever be the front runner in this field and chose to withdraw.

Others will do the same.

Yes. Pawlenty has dropped out. And He was a fool for doing so before a vote has been cast.

McCain had absolutely no money at this point.

Perhaps if he used his money wisely, he could have picked up somepoint. But he quit before anyone really even started. It's pathetic.

Others will do the same.

Yes. Pawlenty has dropped out. And He was a fool for doing so before a vote has been cast.

Perhaps if he used his money wisely, he could have picked up somepoint. But he quit before anyone really even started. It's pathetic.

Maybe. Pawlenty and McCain are very different people. Pawlenty may have decided it wasn't his time or he would rather support somebody else and be in line for a good Administration appointment. Maybe he just didn't really have the fire in his belly. I don't know. But these guys are all pretty good at reading tea leaves.

It is true McCain ran out of money early and dismissed his staff. But then his opposition started dropping out: Guiliani, Thompson, et al, and he waded back in when it came down to him, Huckabee, and Romney. McCain and Huckabee teamed up to scuttle Romney in the close contests and eventually McCain came out on top.

A pity too. I think Huckabee or Romney would have beaten Obama. McCain ran maybe the worst campaign in Presidential election history.

Others will do the same.

Maybe. Pawlenty and McCain are very different people. Pawlenty may have decided it wasn't his time or he would rather support somebody else and be in line for a good Administration appointment. Maybe he just didn't really have the fire in his belly. I don't know. But these guys are all pretty good at reading tea leaves.

It is true McCain ran out of money early and dismissed his staff. But then his opposition started dropping out: Guiliani, Thompson, et al, and he waded back in when it came down to him, Huckabee, and Romney. McCain and Huckabee teamed up to scuttle Romney in the close contests and eventually McCain came out on top.

A pity too. I think Huckabee or Romney would have beaten Obama. McCain ran maybe the worst campaign in Presidential election history.

Yeah he picked Palin.

I wasnt impressed with Perry's first question much. But the others, I've liked so far.

Yeah he picked Palin.

Actually, that was the best thing he did. his popularity exploded after that till the bail outs started.

I don't really like Cain's idea for an additional sales tax. I think the moderator is correct in suggesting that a post Cain Presidency could increase increase three taxes on us.

Forum List

Back