GOP fires staffer over $1,946 topless club visit

beowolfe

Aug 3, 2009
WASHINGTON – The Republican National Committee has fired a staffer who helped organize a $1,946 visit last month to a sex-themed Hollywood club, and the GOP says it will recoup the money from a donor who also participated.

The episode is the latest in a string of questionable spending by the RNC as Republicans prepare for a costly election season in which they hope to take dozens of House and Senate seats from Democrats.

GOP fires staffer over $1,946 topless club visit - Yahoo! News

Hmmmm......sounds like a scapegoat to me.

WASHINGTON – The Republican National Committee has fired a staffer who helped organize a $1,946 visit last month to a sex-themed Hollywood club, and the GOP says it will recoup the money from a donor who also participated.

The episode is the latest in a string of questionable spending by the RNC as Republicans prepare for a costly election season in which they hope to take dozens of House and Senate seats from Democrats.

Let me guess...they pinned it on some minimum wage nobody ....

Yup, just cause he helped organize it. What about all the people that attended. Asshole politicians

LOL!

You all have your knickers in a twist over the incident - and then get the vapors when someone is actually held accountable.

How precious.

Yup, just cause he helped organize it. What about all the people that attended. Asshole politicians

kinda hard to fire donors, asshole.

and it was a she...let me know if the source is too right wing for you

Allison Meyers FIRED: RNC Young Eagles Program Director Terminated Over Night Club Expenses

Where else do you expect the GOP to find new voters?

Why does the media report on this but not on things that are truly important to everyday Americans such as what another thread was discussing; why the student loan take over was included in the healthcare bill, but the doctor fix was not.

Why is it that no one cares about what the media cherry picks to report on.

Why do you care?

Why do you not care about the student loan takeover in the healthcare bill, but you care about this?

I noticed you did not comment in the student loan thread but you did in this thread.

Do you prefer a divided country? Do you not care about legislation that may or may not be in your best interest?

Or are you just partisan, and you look to capitalize on whatever you can to ensure a one party system.

Do you not care for the two party system?

They are trying to distract us from the Economic Armageddon being wrought by Obama, Pelosi, Reid and their Congressional Minions.

Allison Meyers FIRED: RNC Young Eagles Program Director Terminated Over Night Club Expenses

and that has what to do with my post? Fuck off del, your such a loser

It has everything to do with your post.

You asked "what about the people that attended".

Well, as Del told you, the people that attended were potential donors. Not employees of the GOP.

Why does the media report on this but not on things that are truly important to everyday Americans such as what another thread was discussing; why the student loan take over was included in the healthcare bill, but the doctor fix was not.

I don't know, why do republican play up the holier than thou, moral highground campaigns and make that the focal point of their campaign all while these phonies are having affairs, having gay sex, going to strip clubs. Frankly I could give a shit if they do these things, its their life, but since they base their campaigns on it, and idiots still continue to eat it up and vote based on their phony crap

Why do you care?

Why do you not care about the student loan takeover in the healthcare bill, but you care about this?

I noticed you did not comment in the student loan thread but you did in this thread.

Do you prefer a divided country? Do you not care about legislation that may or may not be in your best interest?

Or are you just partisan, and you look to capitalize on whatever you can to ensure a one party system.

Republicans have figured out that if you buy someone a lapdance they will vote Republican forever

They are trying to distract us from the Economic Armageddon being wrought by Obama, Pelosi, Reid and their Congressional Minions.

According to President Obama, armageddon did not happen.

Maybe he should read the bill (law) and he would understand that nothing is going to happen until June at the earliest. So no one expected asteroids to fall to the earth the next day. I guess he was the only one that expected big changes to take place minute one?

He should have read the bill beforte he signed it.

Afterall, he did promise to do so.

It has everything to do with your post.

You asked "what about the people that attended".

Well, as Del told you, the people that attended were potential donors. Not employees of the GOP.

And those morally superior GOP, as they like to claim,will have no problem taking the money from these morally repugnant donors (that's not what I think). It's just posturing, when will people stop buying into the "conservative values' crap these guys spew all the time. Doesn't change the fact this person was scapegoated.

I don't know, why do republican play up the holier than thou, moral highground campaigns and make that the focal point of their campaign all while these phonies are having affairs, having gay sex, going to strip clubs. Frankly I could give a shit if they do these things, its their life, but since they base their campaigns on it, and idiots still continue to eat it up and vote based on their phony crap

And you feel that the democratic party campaigns and identifiy themselves honestly?

And you feel that the democratic party campaigns and identifiy themselves honestly?

NO politician ever truly does, they say what they need to say. But time and time again the morally superior assholes just focus on that issue alone, while being blazing hypocrites. and so many of the constituents eat it up. It's just time and time again they have been shown to be completely full of shit. How many of these stories do their need to be for people to stop focusing on forcing their morality and focus on real issues, as you've mentioned earlier

Why do you care?

OK ...here is your comment since my opinion is in such demand.

As a parent of College aged kids, I think it is long overdue. Allowing banks to repackage a Government loan and add a couple % as a "handling fee" is stealing from College Students. This allows students to deal directly with the Government and save money. Tough luck for the banks

I congratulate President Obama for standing up for the rights of students in this country.

i'll type this very slowly, so that you might hope to understand it.

you asked why the other attendees weren't fired.

i replied

because the other attendees were, wait for it.......donors!

you also mistakenly said that the person fired was a *he*.

i said

because *she* is a *she*.

i realize this is pretty heady stuff for you, so i don't mind explaining the really difficult parts like pronouns, but sesame street really needs to rethink its post graduate program.

seriously

Forum List

Back