GOP Firebrand Chip Roy endorses Ron DeSantis over Trump: It's time for younger but proven leadership to offer 8 solid years of transformational change

The Arab accord.... Isis dead and ineffective... lowest gas and food prices in decades... jobs good jobs even in the inner cities... relative global peace.... money for black schools so they can improve... those alone are great accomplishments... I think your dislike for Trump is keeping you from seeing the truth....

ISIS was almost dead when he took office. Oil price were low because Russia and Saudi Arabia were in an oil price war that was reflecting the global market value. Inflation was lower because the economy was in a boom cycle that started just prior to Trump taking office.
Black schools won't get better by just throwing money at it. That's Trumps solution for everything. Just print more money and hand it out like candy, in hopes that it improves things. Which has never worked when it's the government doing it. Black schools didn't improve one bit. Neither did the black communities.
The south side of Chicago is proof of that.

BTW, I'm no way, shape or form saying that Trump failed on all accounts. There's a few things that he actually had a hand in that I agree with. So you trying to make out as if I just hate Trump through and through, is a lie.

Last edited:
Haha, we left CA because of the insanity. I have no intentions of bringing any of that here.

Honestly, I felt at home here immediately. People are so much friendlier and kinder here than in California. Southern hospitality is a real thing. We've done everything you mentioned and more. This area is filled with historic small towns, beautiful natural resources, and great people. The lefties are desperately trying to destroy Austin (and they're having some success unfortunately), but once you're away from that immediate area, everything is great.

I'm jealous. I had to leave Texas when this house boom started. I'd sold my house & business in east Texas just prior to the boom and was looking to buy something else, when the prices skyrocketed. What was normally going for $80K, was suddenly $150k to $200K. Even during covid. It was crazy.
Then I learned about this place here in Arkansas. Much cheaper living up here. But I plan on keeping the highway hot between here and there during the summer.

ISIS was almost dead when he took office. Oil price were low because Russia and Saudi Arabia were in an oil price war that was reflecting the global market value. Inflation was lower because the economy was in a boom cycle that started just prior to Trump taking office.
Black schools won't get better by just throwing money at it. That's Trumps solution for everything. Just print more money and hand it out like candy, in hopes that it improves things. Which has never worked when it's the government doing it. Black schools didn't improve one bit. Neither did the black communities.
The south side of Chicago is proof of that.
Isis was not almost dead in 2016... it wasn't that long ago and I have a perfect memory... gas prices were low because Trump's policies made us energy independent... I remember a day when liberals wanted us to be energy independent so we wouldn't spill blood for oil....
Inflation was lower because the fuel to deliver goods and services was lower...
Trump did print money but not as much as Biden... the best president for reducing debt was Clinton when he worked with speaker Gingrich to cut spending and have targeted tax hikes...

Isis was not almost dead in 2016...

Read it for yourself.

Timeline: the Rise, Spread, and Fall of the Islamic State

gas prices were low because Trump's policies made us energy independent...

THE ONLY TIME we have been energy independent was during Covid, when a HUGE amount of people weren't driving. Freight was at an all time low and manufacturing was very slow. The demand was so low, that about 12 refineries were taken off line.
You really should learn to double check things Trump and his supporters say. They're going to feed you BS like that to make you think Trump was awesome.
Did you know that record oil field lay offs were taking place months before the 2020 election?
Did you know that Trump struck a deal with Saudi, Mexico and US oil producers to DECREASE production in April of 2020? (7 months before the election)

I remember a day when liberals wanted us to be energy independent so we wouldn't spill blood for oil....

So what. I remember when the GOP was the open border party and the dems were the pro border fence party. The two parties flip flop as bad as John Kerry.
Inflation was lower because the fuel to deliver goods and services was lower...
Trump did print money but not as much as Biden... the best president for reducing debt was Clinton when he worked with speaker Gingrich to cut spending and have targeted tax hikes...

Inflation was lower because the citizens had adjusted to the economy, like we always do after a big spending president, like Obama.
Wages were raised to match the over inflated USD value, and things were on the mend. An economic boom cycle. Just like we're going to do either this year or the next. These cycles have been going on since at least Reagan.
The government borrows trillions, dumps it into the economy. Inflation goes up. Wages increase and we adapt and begin to grow the economy and get things back to normal. Then a new president comes in, borrows and spends. Then we just rinse and repeat. Over and over and over.

Trump: The "just print more money" president. Exactly like Obama, Biden and the rest of them.

I'm jealous. I had to leave Texas when this house boom started. I'd sold my house & business in east Texas just prior to the boom and was looking to buy something else, when the prices skyrocketed. What was normally going for $80K, was suddenly $150k to $200K. Even during covid. It was crazy.
Then I learned about this place here in Arkansas. Much cheaper living up here. But I plan on keeping the highway hot between here and there during the summer.

We just purchased a home in Corpus Christi. I hope we didn't pay too much :rolleyes:

We just purchased a home in Corpus Christi. I hope we didn't pay too much :rolleyes:

Oh goodness. It's possible that everyone in Texas who's bought a home in the last 2 years, have paid too much.
Abbott really screwed Texans when he lowered the property tax rates. It wasn't lowering that screwed us. It was the state appraisals that doubled or tripled. Which ended up with property owners paying a lot more than they would have, had the legislature and the governor just left it alone.

Part of that had to do with all you transplants that were leaving CA and the west coast. Y'all were used to paying a lot more. So the market and the state government responded, knowing y'all wouldn't balk at a $100K home selling for $200K.

I can think of several. Biden is just an empty suit, we could get an SJW "true believer" in there.

Democrats had their chance. They had women of color, gays, other than Christians on the list of candidates. But they chose an old white establishment man, with recent racist comments on his record.

With all the talk the dems had done in 2021 about being inclusive to blacks and gays, and all the bashing they did about how evil white males are, it was kind of a shocker that they nominated a Biden.

Democrats had their chance. They had women of color, gays, other than Christians on the list of candidates. But they chose an old white establishment man, with recent racist comments on his record.

With all the talk the dems had done in 2021 about being inclusive to blacks and gays, and all the bashing they did about how evil white males are, it was kind of a shocker that they nominated a Biden.

They needed a milquetoast supposed centerliner to get the "never trump" vote.

Forum List

Back