GOP Debate: What's worse? Help thousands of children or HC for millions of Americans?

R

rdean

Watching Morning Joe, it struck me what the Republican's debate has boiled down to.

Which is more toxic?

Helping children, through no fault of their own, whose parents have brought them here, being helped to have a future?

OR

Millions of Americans getting Health Care?

Wow, that's a hard one. Considering "Let him die" and "cheering for executions", I suspect "Health Care for millions of Americans". Seems a lack of will hurt the most people.

I have to admit it's hilarious that posters dare me to give them a link to "Let him die" and "cheering for executions" or "stop Health Care" or "end Medicare". I just tell them to watch the Republican debates. Why post links to something that's televised nationally? Can't wait for the next one. Every debate has had something revealing about the Republican Party. Something they deny later. I don't know why? If they get applause, their base must love it. Go with what you are. You don't have to try to keep people from voting using dirty tricks. Just put out your "ideas" and what you stand for and how you governed under Bush. That's the record you should be proud to run on.

Watching Morning Joe, it struck me what the Republican's debate has boiled down to.

Which is more toxic?

Helping children, through no fault of their own, whose parents have brought them here, being helped to have a future?

OR

Wow, that's a hard one. Considering "Let him die" and "cheering for executions", I suspect "Health Care for millions of Americans". Seems a lack of will hurt the most people.

I have to admit it's hilarious that posters dare me to give them a link to "Let him die" and "cheering for executions" or "stop Health Care" or "end Medicare". I just tell them to watch the Republican debates. Why post links to something that's televised nationally? Can't wait for the next one. Every debate has had something revealing about the Republican Party. Something they deny later. I don't know why? If they get applause, their base must love it. Go with what you are. You don't have to try to keep people from voting using dirty tricks. Just put out your "ideas" and what you stand for and how you governed under Bush. That's the record you should be proud to run on.

LOL, so a FEW people in a Audience now make the WHOLE REPUBLICAN party. Like we didn't know you all would run with that one because you HAVE NOTHING else. The people can't stand Obama and the Democrat party. Time to face it.

Which is more toxic?

OR

LOL, so a FEW people in a Audience now make the WHOLE REPUBLICAN party. Like we didn't know you all would run with that one because you HAVE NOTHING else. The people can't stand Obama and the Democrat party. Time to face it.

What them again if you get the chance. The ENTIRE audience "cheered" at the huge number of Rick Perry executions.

When Ron Paul, talking about a young man in a coma, and it being his own responsibility, they cheered and cheered loud. Only a few dozen said "let him die", but the thought and meaning had already been put out there. How many people shout out at a debate? Not many. But you can tell what they are saying from the applause.

You can't get around these positions. This is what the Republican Party stands for. You can't support one thing and hope it's "something else". It doesn't work that way.

I like that, "Through no fault of their own".

Well is sure as fuck isn't my fault either so why should I and the other taxpayers foot the bill for illegals in this country??

Also why should all of us who have HC foot the bill for those that don't. Shit. Thats like telling me I have to pay someones mortgage or car payement because they can't.

Suggestion there Deany. START YOUR OWN CHARITY my man. You and all likeminded open your wallets, whip our your checkbooks and YOU foot the bill for all the illegals and anyone without HC. Spend your own money Dean because you obviously think its the RIGHT thing to do.

Well is sure as fuck isn't my fault either so why should I and the other taxpayers foot the bill for illegals in this country??

Also why should all of us who have HC foot the bill for those that don't. Shit. Thats like telling me I have to pay someones mortgage or car payement because they can't.

Suggestion there Deany. START YOUR OWN CHARITY my man. You and all likeminded open your wallets, whip our your checkbooks and YOU foot the bill for all the illegals and anyone without HC. Spend your own money Dean because you obviously think its the RIGHT thing to do.

Please don't behave like a liberal.

Allowing children of illegal aliens to attend college at in-state tuition rates is NOT the government footing the bill.

You, Rick Santorum and the liberal base needs to wise up!

Allowing children of illegal aliens to attend college at in-state tuition rates is NOT the government footing the bill.

I agree.

Ok......you'll have to explain that comment.

I pay in-state tuition for my children. How is the government footing the bill?

First, you need to stop lying by creating false dichotemies.

Second, you need to learn what personal responsibility is.

Last edited:

No taxpayer, other than State, involved in this at all??

GOP Debate: What's worse?

democrat debates and primary where the elites choose the nominee and not the people.

And you think that $5200 a year is all it costs to send your kid to college? It's called taxpayer subsidized education. It's like the public school system. Even if you don't have a kid in college you're paying to help educate other Texas resident's kids.

Studies put Texas' cost of educating undocumented students as high as $1.65 billion a year, an expense that easily outpaces other costs associated with illegal immigration, such as medical and criminal justice services. The cost of illegal immigration to Texas' public schools jumps to about $4 billion a year, according to one study, when the immigrants' children — some of whom were born in the United States and are, therefore, citizens — are counted.

Texas A&M Students Protest Tuition Break for Illegals

So giving illegals the "in state tuition rate" is giving them a service that you're paying for. Just like every other Texas taxpayer is helping YOU pay for YOUR kids' college.

You're assuming that no illegal aliens pay taxes and that would be wrong.

But to answer your question, no, my tax dollars nor yours or theirs has any effect on the tuition we pay for our children to go to college.

That's bullcrap and not what Santorum said at all. He said let them go to school, let them take out loans.. meaning.. let them do it the same damn way our kids have to do it, we don't need to subsidize illegals. And when you think it why should illegals from another country get in state tutition when a US citizen kid can't? does that make fucking walking around sense to you?

The US should demand that Mexico or whatever the country of origin is reimburse the US for the education dollars.

And you think that $5200 a year is all it costs to send your kid to college? It's called taxpayer subsidized education. It's like the public school system. Even if you don't have a kid in college you're paying to help educate other Texas resident's kids.

Studies put Texas' cost of educating undocumented students as high as $1.65 billion a year, an expense that easily outpaces other costs associated with illegal immigration, such as medical and criminal justice services. The cost of illegal immigration to Texas' public schools jumps to about $4 billion a year, according to one study, when the immigrants' children — some of whom were born in the United States and are, therefore, citizens — are counted.

So giving illegals the "in state tuition rate" is giving them a service that you're paying for. Just like every other Texas taxpayer is helping YOU pay for YOUR kids' college.

So you count money you don't recieve as a cost?

Sorry but that dog won't hunt!

You're assuming that no illegal aliens pay taxes and that would be wrong.

But to answer your question, no, my tax dollars nor yours or theirs has any effect on the tuition we pay for our children to go to college.

Good to know.

So you have no problem with the tax breaks for illegal aliens in Texas??

Last edited:

Which is more toxic?

OR

What struck you wasn't that, rather it was the stupid stick.

You need to duck more often.

dont EVER EVER reward children for doing well and follwing the path society would want them to walk.

Its the 2012 is the election year in which the republicans have decided they will try and be as cold hearted as they possibly can be.

Cheer killing people (who cares if they are actually guilty), Cheer letting poor children die, Boo soldiers in war for not agreeing with who you like to hate and discriminate against.

The heartless party who couldnt get bin ladin, starts wars for lies and crashed the world economy want to double down on the distruction they gave you last time.

Remember Government cant do anything right and the repubulicans are ready to prove it to you yet again with their "leadership".

Forum List

Back