GOP debate facts check or....

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US
who told the biggest lie...

FACT CHECK: Social Security prompts debate miscues | Political Headlines | Comcast.net

PERRY: The $814 billion economic stimulus program pushed by President Barack Obama "created zero jobs."

THE FACTS: There is no support for that assertion. The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office said last year that the stimulus increased the number of people employed by between 1.4 million and 3.3 million as of mid-2010. It cut the unemployment rate between 0.7 and 1.8 percentage points, the CBO found.

Economists debate whether the stimulus lived up to its promise or was worth the cost, but no one seriously argues that it created no jobs. Many believe it helped to end the recession even while falling short of its employment goals.

FACT CHECK: Social Security prompts debate miscues | Political Headlines | Comcast.net

PERRY: The $814 billion economic stimulus program pushed by President Barack Obama "created zero jobs."

THE FACTS: There is no support for that assertion. The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office said last year that the stimulus increased the number of people employed by between 1.4 million and 3.3 million as of mid-2010. It cut the unemployment rate between 0.7 and 1.8 percentage points, the CBO found.

Economists debate whether the stimulus lived up to its promise or was worth the cost, but no one seriously argues that it created no jobs. Many believe it helped to end the recession even while falling short of its employment goals.

When you grow a pair, fact check any of Obama's speeches.

Many believe it helped to end the recession even while falling short of its employment goals.

Even though the recession ended before any money went out!!!

If Perry wins the GOP nod, the election will be between the tea bagging extremist and the rest of the country's voters. Do the American voters want to return to a W administration, on steroids? The GOP will lose the Presidency in 2012 if they allow the Tea Baggers to force Perry through. They lost the Senate in 2012 because they let the Tea Baggers force a couple of loons into Senate nominations. Perry cannot win the General Election.

If Perry wins the GOP nod, the election will be between the tea bagging extremist and the rest of the country's voters. Do the American voters want to return to a W administration, on steroids? The GOP will lose the Presidency in 2012 if they allow the Tea Baggers to force Perry through. They lost the Senate in 2012 because they let the Tea Baggers force a couple of loons into Senate nominations. Perry cannot win the General Election.

Those eager to put Perry on a "W: Part 2" movie poster are in for disappointment.

Jim, your post betrays you.

You want Obama to win.

If you really believed Perry couldn't win the general election, you would be thrilled if Perry was the nominee.

The fact that you feel the need to attempt to convince Republicans that Perry can't win says much more than the contents of your post ever will.

Last edited:

How many billions of that stimulus to Rick Perry take to help balance Texas' budget again?

How many billions of that stimulus to Rick Perry take to help balance Texas' budget again?

They pay in, do they not? This desperately pathetic argument is completely without logic. But I suspect you know that, you're just happy to sacrifice honesty for political bullshit.

You want Obama to win.

If you really believed Perry couldn't win the general election, you would be thrilled if Perry was the nominee.

The fact that you feel the need to attempt to convince Republicans that Perry can't win says much more than the contents of your post ever will.

Exactly my thoughts..... now get outta my head Mo!

:lol:

You want Obama to win.

They're scared shitless about Perry, as they should be.

They pay in, do they not? This desperately pathetic argument is completely without logic. But I suspect you know that, you're just happy to sacrifice honesty for political bullshit.

So let me get this straight.....Perry can rail against the stimulus for having been a waste of taxpayer dollars, yet it is OK for him at the same time to take from the stimulus to help balance his budget in the state of Texas, thus allowing him to run on a platform of balancing budgets as Governor?:eusa_eh:

So let me get this straight.....Perry can rail against the stimulus for having been a waste of taxpayer dollars, yet it is OK for him at the same time to take from the stimulus to help balance his budget in the state of Texas, thus allowing him to run on a platform of balancing budgets as Governor?:eusa_eh:

Hypocrisy from the Republicans? :eek: Say it isn't so! :lol:

GOP's cash-and-trash strategy

Stimulus-Checks-and-GOP.jpg

It's their money too. They are paying for it. It is not hypocritical to take back what is yours - or to profit from it.

But, partisan hacks are too stupid to understand that.

Texas had a $9 billion surplus (they still have $6 billion in their rainy day fund).

The Texas legislature used $5 billion in stimulus for the budget.

Do the math...Texas had plenty of money to cover their budget WITHOUT stimulus.

They choose to use the stimulus where it would allow them to keep the rainy day fund largely intact.

Now, feel free to show me either a state with a surplus, our one that didn't use stimulus to cover their budget.

Last edited:

It's their money too. They are paying for it. It is not hypocritical to take back what is yours - or to profit from it.

But, partisan hacks are too stupid to understand that.

You didn't REALLY just say that....and then accuse others of being partisan, did you?:disbelief:

C'mon Cali you know that doesnt make sense. He trashed the Stimulus over nnd over then reminded everyone over tnd over that they balanced their budget. Perry pretends it was through other means (low taxes, less regulation) instead of telling the truth. The truth is important aint it?

C'mon Cali you know that doesnt make sense. He trashed the Stimulus over nnd over then reminded everyone over tnd over that they balanced their budget. Perry pretends it was through other means (low taxes, less regulation) instead of telling the truth. The truth is important aint it?

Apparently not.....

Texas had a $9 billion surplus (they still have $6 billion in their rainy day fund).

The Texas legislature used $5 billion in stimulus for the budget.

Do the math...Texas had plenty of money to cover their budget WITHOUT stimulus.

They choose to use the stimulus where it would allow them to keep the rainy day fund largely intact.

Now, feel free to show me either a state with a surplus, our one that didn't use stimulus to cover their budget.
So you admit that GOP governors took Stimulus money that was supposed to create jobs and instead diverted it to the budget so they could say it's Obama's fault the stimulus didn't create jobs.

Forum List

Back