GOP culture war attacks 'alarmingly potent,' DCCC warns

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
WINNING: The Democrats' internal polls show that critical race theory and other culture war issues are "alarmingly potent" for Republicans.

"If Democrats don't answer Republican hits, the party operatives warned, the GOP’s lead on the generic ballot balloons to 14 points."

excerpts:

Democrats’ own research shows that some battleground voters think the party is “preachy,” “judgmental” and “focused on culture wars,” according to documents obtained by POLITICO.

And the party’s House campaign arm had a stark warning for Democrats: Unless they more forcefully confront the GOP’s “alarmingly potent” culture war attacks, from critical race theory to defunding the police, they risk losing significant ground to Republicans in the midterms.

Summarizing the party’s midterm problems bluntly, the presentation notes that voters think Democrats “are not making good use of their majority.”

I've been saying this since I've been on USMB.

The Dems' positions on, and tactics regarding, the cultural issues have made them an easy target for the GOP for decades. I've long been warning about "pushback" on this crap. AND, they've played a large role not only in the results of the 2016 elections, but through today. They absolutely refuse to look in the mirror on this.

PC and Identity Politics have backfired on them. And the country.

Democrats better realize that Americans are inherently against Marxism. They should forget about their Marxist pipe dreams known as build back better and start concentrating on our main problems which are inflation, our southern border, the COVID mandates and freedom of speech. America is a free country.

The Dems' positions on, and tactics regarding, the cultural issues have made them an easy target for the GOP for decades. I've long been warning about "pushback" on this crap. AND, they've played a large role not only in the results of the 2016 elections, but through today. They absolutely refuse to look in the mirror on this.

But yet they keep winning elections

Crazy, huh?

First, the cultural issues are not the only issues.

Second, the alternative party can be plenty repulsive enough on their own.

They pushed the middle class--the working class--straight into the waiting arms of Republicans, as well as Hispanics. Blacks are next.

Fools. They are fools. And the worst sort--arrogant fools. The damage to them will be generational, because of what they did with Covid restrictions and kids. The kids freaking hate Democrats.

From the link:

The internal presentation underscored some of those anxieties: The GOP hits are most effective with center-left voters, independents and Hispanic voters, demographic groups that Democrats have struggled to attract in recent years.

Another reason why the Democratic Party will get shellacked in 2022…

From the link:

The internal presentation underscored some of those anxieties: The GOP hits are most effective with center-left voters, independents and Hispanic voters, demographic groups that Democrats have struggled to attract in recent years.

Another reason why the Democratic Party will get shellacked in 2022…
And, bingo.

Don't listen to the ones shouting the loudest, they are just minions.....Look at the ones sitting quietly in the background pulling their strings.

You will find that they all have a few things in common.....They are smart, rich, lawyers, and nearly all will be part of the leftist ivy league cabal.

Them? Ha! You are funny.

First, the cultural issues are not the only issues.

Second, the alternative party can be plenty repulsive enough on their own.
Then why would the DNC care?

Just keep on keep'in on

Bullet proof.

You're free to remain ignorant of my politics.

Yay!
Mac wants the "Forward" party.

I reckon the term Progressive has been used as butt wipe for too long to be used so they need another term

No matter, I'm sure your new party will do just swell in the coming elections cuz Mac is such as swell community organizer and all.

They pushed the middle class--the working class--straight into the waiting arms of Republicans, as well as Hispanics. Blacks are next.

Fools. They are fools. And the worst sort--arrogant fools. The damage to them will be generational, because of what they did with Covid restrictions and kids. The kids freaking hate Democrats.
"The kids freaking hate Democrats."

I was just discussing this very thing with a friend of mine yesterday! Your observation is spot on, and that will go down as the single most significant thing that happened during the Covid era.

Anyone who lived in this country during the 60s-80s or studied U.S. history and political science for that era is certainly aware of the impact of counter culture which permeated every aspect of daily living, most notably music early on, and for the vast majority of young people, it was something that gave them a voice during an era in which people were constantly reminded to be fearful of the possibility of sudden global annihilation, based on factors that were beyond their control. And to young people, all of that represented an ongoing problem with governments and other "authority figures" making too many decisions that affect the way people live their lives without making any real effort to consider or listen to how people desire to live their lives.

As such, being a counter culture punk rock (or other music genre for a given decade) liberal (D) was the "cool" thing to be as a young person. Those young people grew up to be adult Dems. And that is why I find it baffling that so many of those idealistic youths who grew up distrusting the government and being inspired by music about having a voice that will not be silenced, can now applaud tyrannical government overreach, particularly as it pertains to the edicts affecting young people, basically dictating to them to put on their muzzles and do as they're told.

My guess is most of those Dems are, and have always been, a bunch of sheep who go along with whatever trends or decisions are being made by the people they look up to...and never truly had any real opinions about the importance of individual liberties and having a voice to speak up against abuses of those liberties. But whatever the reason, young people today are acutely aware that Democrat politicians are responsible for continuing to do the things that have all but destroyed their childhood, and basically relegated them to second class citizens who must comply with draconian rules requiring forced masking and medical procedures, while those same Dem officials galavant around in high society ignoring those very same rules, and even exempting themselves from the rules altogether.

Yeah, this is going to be a key turning point when people look back a decade from now. Among young people today, it is no longer "cool" to be a Democrat. I'm not saying every kid wants to be a republican either. And I'll likelihood this generation of kids will be even less politically active than other recent generations in terms of registering and voting once they become of age. And that in and of itself would spell a huge problem for the Dems, since they depend on a decisive majority of young voters voting blue, just as they depend on getting 90% of the black vote. They didn't get that 90% in 2016, and between that and the lower than expected voter turnout by blacks, look what happened. But like with pretty much everything else, they are either completely oblivious to this reality, or incapable of comprehending cause and effect as it applies to this.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back