GOP Crawling Back to Labor, Asking for a new labor deal. Oops.

R

rdean

The story goes like this: Ohio Republicans took a page from Wisconsin’s book and rammed through SB 5, a bill that strips most collective bargaining rights and the right to strike from public employees.

But in Ohio, they have this law. You can put a referendum on the ballot to overturn a bill if you get the required signatures. This stops the bill from going into effect. Unions and progressive groups collected far more signatures than they needed to repeal SB 5, almost 1.3 million in all, getting it on the November ballot. And polls showed them headed to victory, with SB 5 slated to go down by 20 points.

Now, after all that, with Ohio Republicans on the precipice of spending all that political capital with nothing to show for it but lowered approval ratings, now Gov. John Kasich and the legislature wants to make a deal.

Kasich Comes Crawling Back to Labor, Asking for a Deal on SB 5

oliver_twist_begging.jpg

LOL soon as he's about to lose then he wants to "set aside" politics and asks labor to forget his past. Punk ass

Marx supported Unions. Enough said!

wow...

Mine Companies who paid their employees in Company Script only good in Company stores for anywhere from .50-.80 on the dollar were against unions... enough said!

I mean if we are going to speak in hyperbole... why don't we both do it?

wow...

Mine Companies who paid their employees in Company Script only good in Company stores for anywhere from .50-.80 on the dollar were against unions... enough said!

It is NOT the governments place to tell a business owner how to run his or her business. If you as the worker don't like it, don't work there. "A government that is big enough to do anything for people is also big enough to take away all of our freedoms"(Jefferson).

If you as the employee don't like the way someone runs there business within a free society--- then you can take your skills to another business, that will treat you better. What happen to freedom?:eusa_eh::eusa_eh:

Last edited:

wow...

It is NOT the governments place to tell a business owner how to run his or her business. If you as the worker don't like it don't work there. "A government that is big enough to do this to people is also big enough to take away all of our freedoms"(Jefferson).

If you as the employee don't like the way someone runs there business within a free society--- then you can take your skills to another business, that will treat you better. What happen to freedom?:eusa_eh::eusa_eh:

I thought we were talking about Unions... Is this the way it works? I refute you and then you change the subject? I mean... I don't mind a debate, but if we are going debate, I need to know the rules of engagement.

Let me ask you something... IF business(obviously, I am talking about BIG Businesses, not small ones) and their practices are causing harm to the country and it's citizens, does the government have the right to curtail Business' anti American practices?

wow...

It is NOT the governments place to tell a business owner how to run his or her business. If you as the worker don't like it don't work there. "A government that is big enough to do this to people is also big enough to take away all of our freedoms"(Jefferson).

I thought we were talking about Unions... Is this the way it works? I refute you and then you change the subject? I mean... I don't mind a debate, but if we are going debate, I need to know the rules of engagement.

Let me ask you something... IF business(obviously, I am talking about BIG Businesses, not small ones) and their practices are causing harm to the country and it's citizens, does the government have the right to curtail Business' anti American practices?

The government has a right to stop a business that works against the interest of the nation(treason or sedation). Sure it has the right, but if the business is just hiring who they feel is the most merited(skilled) people that can make the most money, I see nothing wrong with it.

Todays businesses are forced to hire someone for any reason, even through they likely will lose a great amount of money a productivity for doing so.

Why should a business(can be auto shops, corporations or police, ect) be forced to hire people that generally can't pass there standards(test, or anything within a timely manner) most of the time anyways. Then these people think they're entailed to it. Seriously, a business should be able to work within the market place as long as it is not doing things that are treasonous.

Last edited:

wow...

It is NOT the governments place to tell a business owner how to run his or her business. If you as the worker don't like it, don't work there. "A government that is big enough to do anything for people is also big enough to take away all of our freedoms"(Jefferson).

With freedom comes responsibilty. Those who do not live up to thise responsibilties lose their freedom.

The story goes like this: Ohio Republicans took a page from Wisconsin’s book and rammed through SB 5, a bill that strips most collective bargaining rights and the right to strike from public employees.

But in Ohio, they have this law. You can put a referendum on the ballot to overturn a bill if you get the required signatures. This stops the bill from going into effect. Unions and progressive groups collected far more signatures than they needed to repeal SB 5, almost 1.3 million in all, getting it on the November ballot. And polls showed them headed to victory, with SB 5 slated to go down by 20 points.

Now, after all that, with Ohio Republicans on the precipice of spending all that political capital with nothing to show for it but lowered approval ratings, now Gov. John Kasich and the legislature wants to make a deal.

oliver_twist_begging.jpg

When are you leftists going to get it through your THICK SKULLS that the vast majority of states are teetering on BANKRUPTCY, and the public employee labor unions need to suck it up and make some drastic concessions or they will all LOSE THEIR JOBS!

Sorry, leftists, but printing more money and borrowing more money from other countries IS NOT FIXING THE ECONOMIC PROBLEMS IN THIS COUNTRY.

The government has a right to stop a business that works against the interest of the nation(treason or sedation). Sure it has the right, but if the business is just hiring who they feel is the most merited(skilled) people that can make the most money, I see nothing wrong with it.

Todays businesses are forced to hire someone for any reason, even through they likely will lose a great amount of money a productivity for doing so.

Why should a business(can be auto shops, corporations or police, ect) be forced to hire people that generally can't pass there standards(test, or anything within a timely manner) most of the time anyways. Then these people think they're entailed to it. Seriously, a business should be able to work within the market place as long as it is not doing things that are treasonous.

What businesses are being forced by the government to hire anyone?

Do you not understand that unions and organized labor are part of "the market"?

What exactly are you talking about?

According to the Constitution this country is based on democracy and respect for the individual. There is no inalienable right to do business cited in any of the founding documents, it is not a right it is a privilege. The people, through the democratically elected government, have the right to set standards by which business must operate. Anyone that cannot meet those standard does not have the right to do business.

wow...

It is NOT the governments place to tell a business owner how to run his or her business NO MATTER HOW MANY DIE. If you as the worker don't like it, don't work there BECAUSE WE CAN GET ILLEGAL ALIENS. "A government that is big enough to do anything for people is also big enough to take away all of our freedoms"(Jefferson).

Oh, that's right. Republicans helped move those jobs to China. There are no jobs.

I tried to help you finish your sentences. Did I do it right?

More or less forcing businesses to hire unskilled people ahead of more skilled people through gender, skin color, or some other bs. This is not the best way to do things as a business would be more productive hiring the most skilled people ahead of some one that might be of another color or sex that is less so. The fact that businesses by law have to do this is against common sense.

Unions expect everyone to be paid equally no matter how skilled, but businesses only make so much off there product.

The right to work is more or less giving people more rights as the unions demand everyone to vote there way or the highway.

Last edited:

oliver_twist_begging.jpg

When are you leftists going to get it through your THICK SKULLS that the vast majority of states are teetering on BANKRUPTCY, and the public employee labor unions need to suck it up and make some drastic concessions or they will all LOSE THEIR JOBS!

Sorry, leftists, but printing more money and borrowing more money from other countries IS NOT FIXING THE ECONOMIC PROBLEMS IN THIS COUNTRY.

Job and a growing economy are what we need. Things Republicans have never been able to accomplish. Not even with both of their economic policies.

wow...

It is NOT the governments place to tell a business owner how to run his or her business NO MATTER HOW MANY DIE. If you as the worker don't like it, don't work there BECAUSE WE CAN GET ILLEGAL ALIENS. "A government that is big enough to do anything for people is also big enough to take away all of our freedoms"(Jefferson).

Oh, that's right. Republicans helped move those jobs to China. There are no jobs.

I tried to help you finish your sentences. Did I do it right?

What the fucking globalist did is treasonous. No other word to describe it.:evil:

More or less forcing businesses to hire unskilled people ahead of more skilled people through gender, skin color or some other bs. This is not the best way to do things as a business would be more productive hiring the most skilled people ahead of some one that might be of another color or sex that is less so. The fact that businesses by law have to do this is against common sense.
First of all, this is NOT the case. There are no laws that state that businesses must hire unskilled workers of color over skilled workers. Second, what the fuck does that have to do with unions?

Unions expect everyone to be paid equally no matter how skilled, but businesses only make so much off there product.
False. Not a single union expects everyone to be paid equally no matter how skilled.

The right to work is more or less giving people more rights as the unions demand everyone to vote there way or the highway.
How so?

More or less forcing businesses to hire unskilled people ahead of more skilled people through gender, skin color or some other bs. This is not the best way to do things as a business would be more productive hiring the most skilled people ahead of some one that might be of another color or sex that is less so. The fact that businesses by law have to do this is against common sense.

No where has there ever been a law that requires the hiring of anyone according to their race or gender.

The laws strictly forbid denying people employment based on their race or gender.

Never ever are businesses forced to hire unqualified people. Racial quotas are illegal.

It's only when there's a huge racial disproportion between qualified employees hired that a company may get in legal trouble.

If you've ever noticed these laws are posted in every workplace in America - try noticing the world around you sometime!

Forum List

Back