GOP Congressman Steve King Faces Backlash for Asking Kamala Harris if She Is Descended From 'Slaves or Slave Owners'

What a stupid question. Does he have a point?

Besides the fact that it doesn't matter....
It matters if she supports reparations. That's the only current issue involving that ancient slave thing in America's past.
That's a long time coming. Most of the reparations suggestions I've seen, if they advocate individuals receiving checks, need to show they are the descendant of a slave. That's stupid. I do genealogy. Ain't gonna be possible for a lot of folks to prove it. So that means either give all black people a check because racism generally fucked them over, or invest a big chunk of reparations change in programs that would help the black community in general. I have nothing against those ideas, but even before Covid, I think we have some more pressing matters to attend to first. Reforming the police is an investment. That's all they get from Santa this year.

It matters if she supports reparations. That's the only current issue involving that ancient slave thing in America's past.
That's a long time coming. Most of the reparations suggestions I've seen, if they advocate individuals receiving checks, need to show they are the descendant of a slave. That's stupid. I do genealogy. Ain't gonna be possible for a lot of folks to prove it. So that means either give all black people a check because racism generally fucked them over, or invest a big chunk of reparations change in programs that would help the black community in general. I have nothing against those ideas, but even before Covid, I think we have some more pressing matters to attend to first. Reforming the police is an investment. That's all they get from Santa this year.
Former slaves got their reparations, US citizenship. All these clowns today are doing is trying to cash in on the suffering of others. Its pathetic and disgusting.

It’s a very legit point.
Time to differentiate between actual victims and democrat affirmative action contrivances.

yet slavery was abolished 148 years ago so actual victims of what ?
Some people like to believe that blacks in 2020 commit significantly higher rates of crime and fail academically because of slavery.

Nope
Its genetic.

Former slaves got their reparations, US citizenship. All these clowns today are doing is trying to cash in on the suffering of others. Its pathetic and disgusting.
There's a strong valid argument for some form of reparations to the black community, but there is the small matter of where the money comes from. Not right now. But the legislature has been routinely refusing to even study the matter for years. It's interesting but it's only a hypothetical thought exercise at present.

Sure it does..the dems want to claim all whites had black slaves and that we owe them reparations for them being slaves---but the fact is that blacks in america owned slaves and were notorious for being the worse most evil slave owners out there. Blacks in Africa have continually been enslaving one another including their family members for thousands of years and only because whites invaded africa did this practice slow down. Pretty sure everyone from the continent is the product of slavery and rape at some point in their lineage repeatedly. Maybe we need to be teaching the real unpolitical correct history.

Kamala the ho is actually a good learning opportunity if we use her correctly. Her great grand daddy whatever---was a notoriously brutal slave owner-----and RAPIST. Lets start talking about the truth as she screams for reparations for her people. We can start with the history and then segway into her ho-ho stunts and lowered standards for her color have been the only things that have got her into her possible vp position.

There's a strong valid argument for some form of reparations to the black community, but there is the small matter of where the money comes from. Not right now. But the legislature has been routinely refusing to even study the matter for years. It's interesting but it's only a hypothetical thought exercise at present.

The fact that they are US Citizens living in the US ,
Makes them far better off than people who look like them anywhere else in the world.
The reparations offered should be continued citizenship, or transportation home.

There is no valid argument. The time for such has long passed. We don't punish everyone for the sins of a few 150 years ago. Nor is there Constitutional authority to back such a scam.

There is no valid argument. The time for such has long passed. We don't punish everyone for the sins of a few 150 years ago. Nor is there Constitutional authority to back such a scam.
Yeah, there is. It's been studied up the wazoo. You want to get into the nitty gritty of it?

H

Sure it does..the dems want to claim all whites had black slaves and that we owe them reparations for them being slaves---but the fact is that blacks in america owned slaves and were notorious for being the worse most evil slave owners out there. Blacks in Africa have continually been enslaving one another including their family members for thousands of years and only because whites invaded africa did this practice slow down. Pretty sure everyone from the continent is the product of slavery and rape at some point in their lineage repeatedly. Maybe we need to be teaching the real unpolitical correct history.

Kamala the ho is actually a good learning opportunity if we use her correctly. Her great grand daddy whatever---was a notoriously brutal slave owner-----and RAPIST. Lets start talking about the truth as she screams for reparations for her people. We can start with the history and then segway into her ho-ho stunts and lowered standards for her color have been the only things that have got her into her possible vp position.
Has she recently made a push for reparations, or what?

Yeah, there is. It's been studied up the wazoo. You want to get into the nitty gritty of it?
No 'study's can justify punitive actions on innocent citizens for actions they had no part of. That still doesn't even address the fact such actions would be unconstitutional anyway.

It’s a very legit point.
Time to differentiate between actual victims and democrat affirmative action contrivances.
Regardless of who her great-great grandfather was, she has lived her life with the stigma of black skin, and therefore, she knows what it's about. Who some old dead ancestor from long ago is, is a preposterous point. IMO.
Not stigma — benefit.
The hypocrisy being that her skin color in her case had no lineage to slavery. Slave ownership but not slavery. Just like Obama. Kenyans had very little involvement with slavery and those who did were traders and sellers of slaves.
Democrats don’t like logic.

So, you're one of those idiots who think that Obama came from Kenya. Good to know.
Obama’s father is from Kenya, so half of his heritage is from there. The other half is white from America.

GOP Congressman Steve King Faces Backlash for Asking Kamala Harris if She Is Descended From 'Slaves or Slave Owners'
I'm sure she is. Nowadays of course, slaves and slave-owners are called "employees" and "employers" respectively.
"Human resources" are listed on the assets of corporate books as human chattel to this day. There's nothing new under the sun, and slavery and involuntary servitude are back in full force since the Dems took over the big corporations.

It’s a very legit point.
Regardless of who her great-great grandfather was, she has lived her life with the stigma of black skin, and therefore, she knows what it's about. Who some old dead ancestor from long ago is, is a preposterous point. IMO.
Stigma is bad. She lived a privileged life however. And frankly she is not a likable person whose politics have proven to change with the wind. If you say that Trump may or may not be likeable, he ran on his agendas and kept them the best he could. Biden's blueprint is the same as Kamala's.

It’s a very legit point.

Some people like to believe that blacks in 2020 commit significantly higher rates of crime and fail academically because of slavery.

Nobody believes that except those who wish to believe it as a cover for other beliefs.
They might not truly believe it but they use slavery legacy as the excuse.

It’s a very legit point.

Nope
Its genetic.
If it’s genetic then light-skinned would commit less crime than dark-skinned.

It’s a very legit point.

Nope
Its genetic.
If it’s genetic then light-skinned would commit less crime than dark-skinned.
Since that is true ,what is your point?

Forum List

Back