GOP and trump considering Medicare cuts in his second term

Trump Has Told Friends That Gutting Medicare Could Be a Fun “Second-Term Project”

That would teach the old toothless farts that believed every word the Liar says. Maybe instead of a nursing home...they can live under a bridge....

Let the fear mongering begin! You liberals never deviate from the script...do you, Jim? It tells me you don't have any solutions to the problems we face so you're going to go with the old "push grandma off a cliff" routine. The truth is we can't pay for the entitlements we have now but you on the left are running on Medicare for all, free college educations and the Green New Deal. How is it exactly that we're supposed to come up with the money for all of this, Jim?

Sanders advocates for things like Universal Health care and better access to higher education. He lays out how it will be paid for. You have to twist that in the way you do above.

Trump adds billions to the military and for bail outs for farmers and pays for none of it. He actually does the opposite but that is good.

Trump Has Told Friends That Gutting Medicare Could Be a Fun “Second-Term Project”

That would teach the old toothless farts that believed every word the Liar says. Maybe instead of a nursing home...they can live under a bridge....

Hey stupid, "cuts" means cuts to waste and fraud and abuse, not cuts to benefits, you half-witted imbecile.
He's a fear-mongering, America hating liar.

Nobody mongers fear better than republics.

You can't be serious. Democrats are the undisputed champs of fear mongering. BTW, you know the world will end as we know it because of global warming in 2030, just like it was supposed to many, many times in decades past.

He is right. Actually no matter who wins, that person has to address entitlements in order to cure our deficit and begin paying down our debt.
An entitlement is paying for someone having HIV. Social Security/medicare has been paid by people paying their whole lives into. And at 15% for over the last few decades when at that time Progs spouted...""Its fixed until the 2070's"! Good times......We get people to pay 60 to 100 billion a year nationally on HIV. Put that money into social security. for it sure came from there.

When will people get the definition of entitlements correct?

Libtards have misused the term for so long it now means the opposite of what it once did.

Social Security is an entitlement.

Medicare is an entitlement.

You get them because you are entitled to them because you paid for them.

Food stamps, TANF (welfare), and Section 8 housing are NOT entitlements because your not entitled to them. Those programs are where the cuts need to be made.

He is right. Actually no matter who wins, that person has to address entitlements in order to cure our deficit and begin paying down our debt.

Yes, let's fix the deficit by taking away healthcare and Social Security benefits from the people that paid into it all their life...

And continue to spend money like they are printing it on other shit.

Who said “take away”? You’re such an extremist

If they cut them back much, they might as well not even have them. Trump got A LOT of the older people because he PROMISED not to touch Social Security or Medicare. He's a liar, and this is the kind of thing that can swing an election.

Who said he was going to touch it? Raising the retirement age is a good idea. What would your solution be?

How far are we going to raise the retirement age? 80? 85? 90?

Mine is already 67 and I doubt I make it that long.

My father drew what little SS he had for 10 years before he died, and he still worked to supplement his paltry retirement from GE after 27 years with the company.

Well Obama did want to do the same thing and the republican congress would have no part of it. Oh how things flip flop trump now going what the progressive route was 4 years ago. He has had more progressive views than his base realizes.

So I guess you don't agree that if you pay in to a program or pay for something at a store you should get something in return? Next time you go to the store and pay you are not entitled to what you paid for.

Yes, let's fix the deficit by taking away healthcare and Social Security benefits from the people that paid into it all their life...

If they cut them back much, they might as well not even have them. Trump got A LOT of the older people because he PROMISED not to touch Social Security or Medicare. He's a liar, and this is the kind of thing that can swing an election.

Who said he was going to touch it? Raising the retirement age is a good idea. What would your solution be?

My father drew what little SS he had for 10 years before he died, and he still worked to supplement his paltry retirement from GE after 27 years with the company.

70 for you and 72 for me. I am willing to do my part to help the country and work longer.

So I guess you don't agree that if you pay in to a program or pay for something at a store you should get something in return? Next time you go to the store and pay you are not entitled to what you paid for.

Incorrect

1. Social Security is yours. No one is touching that but the retirement age should be raised to 70 for people under 55 and under to 72 for people under 30. Nothing changes other than that.
  2. Medicare. See above.
  3. Medicaid. Much more attention paid to fraud. Too many sit of "disability" and collect a free check. Help those who need it and punish those who abuse the system. Same for Medicare and SSI. How much money have we paid to dead people?
  4. Crack down on welfare and foodstamps especially with aid to illegals.
  5. Crack down on Gov't pensions.

BTW FU!

70 for you and 72 for me. I am willing to do my part to help the country and work longer.

So, I will be able to collect SS after I am likely dead and buried?

We have two major groups of employees where I work. The older farts like myself who spend almost as much time in doctor's offices and VA as we do at work, just trying to hold it together until we hit 67, and then the youngsters (late 20s to early 30s) that are already on some percentage of disability, and all of that is due to military service.

I guess I can draw over $3000 a month VA disability versus $1800 a month SS rather than work.

Let the fear mongering begin! You liberals never deviate from the script...do you, Jim? It tells me you don't have any solutions to the problems we face so you're going to go with the old "push grandma off a cliff" routine. The truth is we can't pay for the entitlements we have now but you on the left are running on Medicare for all, free college educations and the Green New Deal. How is it exactly that we're supposed to come up with the money for all of this, Jim?

Sanders advocates for things like Universal Health care and better access to higher education. He lays out how it will be paid for. You have to twist that in the way you do above.

Trump adds billions to the military and for bail outs for farmers and pays for none of it. He actually does the opposite but that is good.

Oh, bullshit! Sanders has never even come CLOSE to laying out how it will be paid for! You see the "goodies" he's promising and you've looked the other way when it comes to his explanations on how it will be paid for!

There are actually proposals by some candidates to fully fund Medicare indefinitely. For all.

Oh, bullshit! Sanders has never even come CLOSE to laying out how it will be paid for! You see the "goodies" he's promising and you've looked the other way when it comes to his explanations on how it will be paid for!

https://www.sanders.senate.gov/download/collegeforallsummary/?inline=file

Now how is Trump paying for his increased spending?

Oh what would the oldsters do if it weren't for Big Daddy Big Gubmint breaking their legs, then handing them a crutch and telling them how lucky that they are to have "free" Medicare?!?
Damn dude, where do you get all this crap?

It's an allergic reaction to "we-know-better" government. You know, the kind of government that takes your money and then gives (some of) it back, but only if you do as you're told.

It's for the children!
Yeah... No. That is not a viable reason to believe/say things like "break your legs, hand you a crutch...".

You're not down with metaphor? That imagery actually explains the situation pretty well. Government fucks things up and then uses its failure as justification for more government.
Metaphors are fine. That particular one implies the government harms people so they can rip.them off.
It's the result, whether purposeful or not....Then sappy apologists for the failure of The State use said failure as evidence that even more gubmint intervention and do-goodery are called for.

The pathetic part is that y'all really believe it.

There are actually proposals by some candidates to fully fund Medicare indefinitely. For all.
Yeah, "funded indefinitely" by fairy dust and unicorn piss.

We have two major groups of employees where I work. The older farts like myself who spend almost as much time in doctor's offices and VA as we do at work, just trying to hold it together until we hit 67, and then the youngsters (late 20s to early 30s) that are already on some percentage of disability, and all of that is due to military service.

I guess I can draw over $3000 a month VA disability versus $1800 a month SS rather than work.
You would not be impacted as you're over 55. My proposal would be those 55 and under must retire at 70 and those under 30 at 72. People are living much longer now and we have gyms, knowledge about diet, etc. to keep in better shape for when we do get older. Thank you for your service. NEVER FORGET.

Yes, the far left, whom even the fellow Democrats believe are not electable.

A Vanity Fair FAKE NEWS to harm the president with the people that would mostly vote for him instead of Jojo "The World's Dumbest Politician" Biden that just announced he wants to raise capital gains tax back up to 39.6% and would hurt badly our senior citizens....pathetic!

You would not be impacted as you're over 55. My proposal would be those 55 and under must retire at 70 and those under 30 at 72. People are living much longer now and we have gyms, knowledge about diet, etc. to keep in better shape for when we do get older. Thank you for your service. NEVER FORGET.

Actually... last year was the first time in several decades that the average U.S. life-span went DOWN.

Your argument for retiring at a higher age only makes sense if the people retiring at that age can stay healthy... so you just made the argument for Medicare for all! Congrats you just argued away one social program to institute another.

Forum List

Back