Google Sued by DOJ

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

Google Sued by US Department of Justice for Second Time Over Ad Dominance​

The DOJ and eight states are calling for Google to break up its ad business.

The US Department of Justice and eight states on Tuesday sued Google over its advertising business, alleging it engages in monopolistic behavior.

The complaint, filed in federal court in Virginia, alleges that Google has "corrupted legitimate competition in the ad tech industry" through a campaign of seizing control of tools and inserting "itself into all aspects of the digital advertising marketplace." Google allegedly has done so by eliminating competition through acquisitions and used its dominance to push advertisers to use its products over those of others.

The DOJ also said that Google disadvantages websites that "dare to use competing ad tech products" and uses its dominance in ad technology to "funnel more transactions to its own ad tech products where it extracts inflated fees to line its own pockets at the expense of the advertisers and publishers it purportedly serves."

Google Sued by US Department of Justice for Second Time Over Ad Dominance

A federal court here in Virginia.....I hope I get called. ;)

Google Sued by US Department of Justice for Second Time Over Ad Dominance​

The DOJ and eight states are calling for Google to break up its ad business.

The US Department of Justice and eight states on Tuesday sued Google over its advertising business, alleging it engages in monopolistic behavior.

The complaint, filed in federal court in Virginia, alleges that Google has "corrupted legitimate competition in the ad tech industry" through a campaign of seizing control of tools and inserting "itself into all aspects of the digital advertising marketplace." Google allegedly has done so by eliminating competition through acquisitions and used its dominance to push advertisers to use its products over those of others.

The DOJ also said that Google disadvantages websites that "dare to use competing ad tech products" and uses its dominance in ad technology to "funnel more transactions to its own ad tech products where it extracts inflated fees to line its own pockets at the expense of the advertisers and publishers it purportedly serves."

Google Sued by US Department of Justice for Second Time Over Ad Dominance

A federal court here in Virginia.....I hope I get called. ;)

Never let success go unpunished.

Never let success go unpunished.
I heard they had internal emails where the big whigs admit illegal wrongdoing monopoly practices.

Them and ticketmaster. Yes you can point to a lot of good we get from them and google but the cons outweigh the pros.

I heard google holds back other technologies from advancing by squashing everyone else. That maybe we'd be better off if they broke google up.

I like google for 1 thing. A search engine. Ok, I think they compared google's monopoly to this. What if JP Morgan also ran the stock exchange? You can't do both.

Forum List

Back