Goodnight Irene!

Sunshine

Trust the pie.
Dec 17, 2009
I do hope my friends on the east coast come through this hurricane safely. Regardless what the predicitons are, we really don't know what will happen until it does. And I'm pretty sure that Irene hasn't registered to vote.

I recall Ike which downgraded as he came ashore, then upgraded and came straight for Kentucky. There was a lot of destruction here in the wake of Ike, but where I sit on the side of a hill, all the winds just went over me. I was flabberghasted at what I saw in his aftermath, and didn't even know we could get hurrianes like that inland.

Perhaps the bickering can stop for a while. I just want my friends there to be safe and likely won't hear directly from them for a day or two.

I do hope my friends on the east coast come through this hurricane safely. Regardless what the predicitons are, we really don't know what will happen until it does. And I'm pretty sure that Irene hasn't registered to vote.

I recall Ike which downgraded as he came ashore, then upgraded and came straight for Kentucky. There was a lot of destruction here in the wake of Ike, but where I sit on the side of a hill, all the winds just went over me. I was flabberghasted at what I saw in his aftermath, and didn't even know we could get hurrianes like that inland.

Perhaps the bickering can stop for a while. I just want my friends there to be safe and likely won't hear directly from them for a day or two.

Thanks. I have secured everything outside and have plenty of booze and a generator. Should be OK. Tomorrow I move all the valuables (guns) into the basement.

Thanks. I have secured everything outside and have plenty of booze and a generator. Should be OK. Tomorrow I move all the valuables (guns) into the basement.

That sounds like a plan.

seems irene was no real threat

That would be fantastic !! as I really can't afford getting siding and the roof repaired, the chainsawing and tree removal, several days of power outage and other vehicle and property damage. Guess I should sleep easy tonight, huh?

Several of my friends there are actually (gasp) yankees! :lol:

I, too, am sending my best wishes to those along the east coast. I'm hoping the media hype is, as usual, overblown (pun intended! :D ) and none of your friends or family suffers any significant damage.

Leaving nothing to chance, I'm also sending my good thoughts and best wishes... so y'all should be fine! ;)

My jarhead cousins have fled for the hills in North Carolina. Is there hills there. I've only been to South Carolina, good ol Fart Jackson.

seems irene was no real threat

That would be fantastic !! as I really can't afford getting siding and the roof repaired, the chainsawing and tree removal, several days of power outage and other vehicle and property damage. Guess I should sleep easy tonight, huh?

Except for occasionally waking up and 'slapping the monkey'. Otherwise, you'll be okay.

one should judge irene against other hurricanes....she turned out not to be much.......the damage is surprising really...when you see the erosion on hatteras there was a good bit of damage but nothing compared to irene hitting as a cat 4 or 5

i have survived tornados, hurricanes, blizzards and flash flooding....

of the 4...the flash flooding scared the hell out of me...water is so destructive

one should judge irene against other hurricanes....she turned out not to be much.......
:confused: You are misinformed or out of date. "She" was quite a lot. Billions in damage. 3/4 of all VA residences lost power (and we JUST got it back today - POFS power company here blows). etc and so on. It's not all about windspeed.

Forum List

Back