Goodbye Yellow Brick Road.

My God Thank you. I haven't heard that one in years. Forgot about it. I listened to it, and you realize the legend of Bernie Taupin . The genius of that man and his lyrics. Quietly writing so many great tunes decade after decade after..............

Roy Rogers is still riding tonight..................

My God Thank you. I haven't heard that one in years. Forgot about it. I listened to it, and you realize the legend of Bernie Taupin . The genius of that man and his lyrics. Quietly writing so many great tunes decade after decade after..............

Roy Rogers is still riding tonight..................

According to one of the bios on Elton, Bernie was enamored with the American west. Yes, he was an amazing lyricist. Back in the 70's when I got their latest album I'd read the lyrics first, then listen to it.

Madman Across The Water is my favorite album of his. Yellow Brick Road has a couple or three good ones of his I like. Haven't heard the new remaster that's on the shelves now yet, and they threw in some songs that weren't on the original as well. Taupin deserves the credit for the early successes, imo, though John could write some good ones I don't think he was a good a writer as Taupin, but certainly a better performer by far.

Last edited:
Madman Across The Water is my favorite album of his. Yellow Brick Road has a couple or three good ones of his I like. Haven't heard the new remaster that's on the shelves now yet, and they threw in some songs that weren't on the original as well. Taupin deserves the credit for the early successes, imo, though John could write some good ones I don't think he was a good a writer as Taupin, but certainly a better performer by far.
Yep, Bernie wrote virtually ALL of the lyrics for Elton. But Elton DID write all of the music. Elton would most likely not have been as successful as he was without Bernie's help. They were a wonderful songwriting team.

So many songs on this album could have been big hits. Probably the greatest 2 record album of all time.

Post any Elton favorite.

I heard at the time (so maybe true maybe not) that they wrote the album in 3 days during a layover in the Caribbean.

I've read they wrote the album in a haunted chateau in France. I believe Elton's Rock Of The Westies album WAS written in the Caribbean, VERY quickly, in late 1975.

Forum List

Back