Goodbye GM, Goodbye Ford - Good Riddance

bush lover

Feb 18, 2005
The two biggest toadies to the unions, Ford and GM, and shrinking into oblivion, and high time. This will downsize the unions too, long overdue. Then we can get back to pay by merit. If you stand around scratching your behind all day, you get $5.15 an hour. If you work hard, you get $10. If you show promise, you get $15. Or whatever. But $150,000 a year because you can screw in bolts at the factory? Give me a break! The so-called "middle class" has to downsize its expectations! And it's high time. They can live on $40-50,000 a year if they stop spending like maniacs and stop using credit. And where are all of these "immigrants" working? How do they buy all this stuff? There are plenty of jobs out there. Immigrants, however, refrain from whining. They work!

Oh, yes, sure. Watch GM and Ford dissolve, and then watch the Michigan economy completely implode. Yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to that. :p:

The two biggest toadies to the unions, Ford and GM, and shrinking into oblivion, and high time. This will downsize the unions too, long overdue. Then we can get back to pay by merit. If you stand around scratching your behind all day, you get $5.15 an hour. If you work hard, you get $10. If you show promise, you get $15. Or whatever. But $150,000 a year because you can screw in bolts at the factory? Give me a break! The so-called "middle class" has to downsize its expectations! And it's high time. They can live on $40-50,000 a year if they stop spending like maniacs and stop using credit. And where are all of these "immigrants" working? How do they buy all this stuff? There are plenty of jobs out there. Immigrants, however, refrain from whining. They work!

I'd like to jump on your assumption train, but I'm having a hard time buying all this. $150,000 to screw in bolts in an assembly... Hmm.... Not so much...

Besides, there are plenty of incompetent people in high paying positions. Hard work does not always pay off, especially when you have to deal with office politics and favoritism.

Yeah, I heard Ford is going to cut the hourly workforce by 50%.
Logical the rest, GM etc, must follow. I'll not lose a bit of sleep because of it, if it would have happened years ago maybe they could still be competitive but I doubt it.

just saw this on the news....ford hourly US wage...65/hr = 135,200

toyota hourly US wage ...45 / hour = 93,600

holy crap.....

just saw this on the news....ford hourly US wage...65/hr = 135,200

toyota hourly US wage ...45 / hour = 93,600

holy crap.....

No shit! I spent years training, taking test after test, physical after physical, and sacrificing oh so many things, taking crap flying jobs, working 12 hour days, weekends, holidays, many nights away from home, and never made that kind of money! I could have been putting screws on nuts 8 hrs a day and done much better. Sad but true.

While I am not pro-union, there IS a reason for their existence called "unscupulous business owners." And if one does not have another retirement plan, the union's isn't that bad.

And I wish death on NO domestic industry that will be replaced by reliance on foreign industry.

New Topics

Forum List

Back