Goodbye East Coast and Florida............

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
Seems that there has been some very significant activity over in the Canary Islands as of late.........

Fears are growing that the El Hierro volcano in The Canary Islands could soon erupt after seismic activity beneath the island increased dramatically during Tuesday and Wednesday.

Over 150 earthquakes were recorded on the smallest of the Canary Islands during Tuesday prompting officials to evacuate some local residents, shut El Hierro’s main tunnel, and close local schools.

At least 20 earthquakes, exceeding magnitude 3.0 on the Richter Scale, have been felt by local residents during the last 24 hours. The most recent earthquake, which measured 3.4 magnitude, was recorded just off the southern tip of the island at 07:04 am Wednesday.

The rise in seismic activity last night prompted the Spanish Civil Guard (Guardia Civil) to advise almost 50 residents of the municipality of La Frontera to leave their homes because of landslide fears.

Plans are also underway to evacuate more of the island’s 10,000 residents, according to Canarias7.es. The newspaper reported that two units of the Spanish military’s emergency intervention unit (EMU) will depart nearby island Tenerife this afternoon to assist in the possible evacuation of hundreds of El Hierro residents.

Meanwhile, the island’s main tunnel (Tunel del Golfo), which links Frontera to Valverde, has been shut forcing motorists to travel across the 280-sq-km island via a mountain road. The Cabildo de El Hierro also has ordered the closure of schools on Wednesday.

Hierro, a shield volcano, has had a single historic eruption from the Volcan de Lomo Negro vent in 1793. The eruption lasted approximately one month and produced lava flows.

Rising Volcanic Activity Prompts Evacuations On El Hierro, The Canary Islands - Irish Weather Online

But..........what does this have to do with the East Coast? Glad you asked...............

A wave higher than Nelson's Column and travelling faster than a jet aircraft will devastate the eastern seaboard of America and inundate much of southern Britain, say scientists who have analysed the effects of a future volcanic eruption in the Canary Islands.

A massive slab of rock twice the volume of the Isle of Man would break away from the island of La Palma and smash into the Atlantic Ocean to cause a tsunami - a monster wave - bigger than any recorded, the scientists warned yesterday.

Most of the wave's energy, equivalent to the combined output of America's power stations for six months, would travel westwards to the American coast but enough would be flicked north towards the English Channel to cause catastrophic coastal damage.

A computer model has been designed to show the way the tsunami will build after the volcano, called Cumbre Vieja, erupts on La Palma, at the western end of the Spanish island chain. It describes the almost unimaginable scale of an event that the scientists say could happen at any time within the foreseeable future.

"We're looking at an event that could be decades or a century away - but there will be a degree of warning beforehand," said Simon Day, of the Benfield Greg Hazard Reseach Centre at Univeristy College London.

Scientists Warn Of Massive Tidal Wave From Canary Island Volcano

If you live east of the Appalachian mountains, I'd possibly consider an address change, because when this thing goes, it's gonna take out all of Florida and possibly up to 250 miles inland.

Wonder how soon it's going to happen? Remember.......this thing has just gone active and there is proof that there is a big chunk of the island that is going to slide off when it does. Part of the island has already started to rise.

The Canary Islands were once the mountaintops of Atlantis.

True story.

Google: S.S. Jesmond if you don't believe me

Last edited:
Well, it happens or it doesn't.

Here on the west coast there are Tsunami warning systems in place. You go to any resort town along Oregon's coast there are tsunami warning systems and signs on what to do if one is on the way

I would assume there are similar systems on the east coast as well.

web-Oregon-Tsunami-Warning-02.jpg

True story.

Actually, Atlantis has been found, and it's in a marsh/desert in Spain, just off of the Mediterranean coast.

History Channel just ran a special about it.

Well, it happens or it doesn't.

Here on the west coast there are Tsunami warning systems in place. You go to any resort town along Oregon's coast there are tsunami warning systems and signs on what to do if one is on the way

I would assume there are similar systems on the east coast as well.

web-Oregon-Tsunami-Warning-02.jpg

Only problem is........that wave is gonna be around 150 ft. high and traveling at around 500 miles per hour.

Those Tsunamis in Japan back in March were pretty scary. There would still be 12 hours to prepare though.

Hell, 12 hours would not even begin to be enough time to evacuate the Florida Peninsula and once those waves hit, there wouldn't be much to keep them from going all the way to Texas! :razz:

A couple of buildings here and there, but not much else.

The highest point in Florida in 345' above sea level and it is on the panhandle.

Immie

Well that wave that hit Thailand was about 90' tall (I a have seen you tube video where the wave went up four stories in thailand.) So I think a wave of over 90' to as far as 150 would be planned for. I have seen evac route signs at pretty high places and kind of far inland.

I was worried until I saw your tsunami link was rense.

Don't worry, I'll clear a path for you, just follow me like a running back following his lead blocker, but don't slow down and don't look back because I'm not slowing down for you and I sure as hell am not coming back for you. :lol::lol::lol:

Immie

True story.

Actually, Atlantis has been found, and it's in a marsh/desert in Spain, just off of the Mediterranean coast.

History Channel just ran a special about it.

I dove a site off Bimini called "The Road to Atlantis" which was rumored to be the remains of Atlantis.

I was worried until I saw your tsunami link was rense.

Don't worry, I'll clear a path for you, just follow me like a running back following his lead blocker, but don't slow down and don't look back because I'm not slowing down for you and I sure as hell am not coming back for you. :lol::lol::lol:

Immie
If you can swim I'll jump on your back!

Great! We'll surf all the way to Galveston.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfBKpvh2hZg]Galveston - Glen Campbell - Lyrics - YouTube[/ame]

Immie

Damn good thing my Ark's ready. My question is, should I include 2 Progressives and 2 Neo-cons. I'm thinking no, no chance at reproduction since the Progressives are all gay and the Neo-cons are all dried up old white men........ :dunno:

Damn good thing my Ark's ready. My question is, should I include 2 Progressives and 2 Neo-cons. I'm thinking no, no chance at reproduction since the Progressives are all gay and the Neo-cons are all dried up old white men........ :dunno:

Do the future world a favor and squash the two mosquitoes that find their way aboard as well.

Immie

New Topics

Forum List

Back