Goodbye America, Hello Israel

NATO AIR

Jun 25, 2004
USS Abraham Lincoln
this isn't good for America, but it sure is good for Israel

http://www.christiansciencemonitor.com/2005/0815/p13s02-lire.html

Goodbye, America - hello, Israel

By Jane Lampman | Staff writer of The Christian Science Monitor

After law school at Boston University, a stint in the DA's office, and managing a few election campaigns, Jay Ruderman's career was on track professionally and politically. But before entering private law practice, he decided "to give Israel a try." A two-month stay in 1998 set a new direction for his life. This month, he and his family are moving there permanently.

"I love America - it's the land of my birth and a symbol of freedom for the world. But Israel is the homeland for the Jewish people, and that's what draws me," says the orthodox Jew from Brookline, Mass.
The Rudermans, it seems, have plenty of company. Israel has long been the refuge for Jews fleeing persecution, but this summer, some 1,800 from the United States and Canada are "making aliyah" (going to live in Israel). Tuesday, the fifth planeload of the season leaves from New York City. The Jewish Agency for Israel (JAFI) estimates that 3,200 Jews will emigrate in 2005 - the highest number in 20 years.
Continue Article @ link

NATO AIR said:
We lose intelligent, hard-working, skilled people.
Israel gains.

Its a net loss for us.

All these people leaving are intelligent, hard working , people ? You sure ?

I think anyone who feels more loyal to a country than the one they live in should go there. Why do we want citizens we feel no loyalty the the US?

dilloduck said:
All these people leaving are intelligent, hard working , people ? You sure ?

I think anyone who feels more loyal to a country than the one they live in should go there. Why do we want citizens we feel no loyalty the the US?

they're doing it (i would think) for religious reasons.

i cannot fathom that myself at this point in life, but i cannot attack it either. and i assume the great majority are law-abiding, hard-working americans.

NATO AIR said:
they're doing it (i would think) for religious reasons.

i cannot fathom that myself at this point in life, but i cannot attack it either. and i assume the great majority are law-abiding, hard-working americans.
I think America can survive without them. More power to em and I would encourage more people to move to where there hearts, minds and money are.

Forum List

Back