Good Things White People Have Done

Have White People Done More Good Or More Bad for the World?

• Good

Votes: 33 91.7%
  • Bad

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters

Pickle

Oct 31, 2013
in a jar
We are constantly being told about bad things white people have done to the world, but we rarely, if ever, hear about all the good white people have done for the world--which far outweighs the bad, imo.

The Industrial Revolution
The Technology Age
Advances in Medicine
The Underground Railroad
Abolitionists
Freedom For It's Citizens
Freedom Fighters
Aid and Charity

We are constantly being told about bad things white people have done to the world, but we rarely, if ever, hear about all the good white people have done for the world--which far outweighs the bad, imo.

I would say good on the whole.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbkSRLYSojo]Hans Rosling's 200 Countries, 200 Years, 4 Minutes - The Joy of Stats - BBC Four - YouTube[/ame]

I would say good on the whole.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbkSRLYSojo]Hans Rosling's 200 Countries, 200 Years, 4 Minutes - The Joy of Stats - BBC Four - YouTube[/ame]

That was pretty cool video clip. Thanks for posting.

It's been a mixed bag, not sure if the good stuff outweighs the bad stuff and even much of the good stuff had a downside for someone but I guess most overly general questions lend themselves to overly simplistic answers. In the end the question here is: Did any of the good stuff happen because of some inherent genetic advantage of white people? I say no and instead put it down to western Europe being the first to exploit various inventions and concepts thereby gaining footholds and territory through ruthless exploitation.

good and bad are done by people

I'm willing to bet that Edison never sat back and thought how awesome he made white people look.

hell, even hitler was specific to arians and not just white people

At the time of Edison, white people, especially white males were so dominant in the world, were so overwhelmingly the driving force, that I doubt race even entered into the thoughts of inventors like Edison. At that time, it was just a foregone conclusion that whatever was accomplished in the world, would have come out of the white world.

and just think how much further along we would be if man had put his petty bickerings aside and put all that energy into Medicine Science and Engineering.....and had let everyone participate in the Education process......

It's been a mixed bag, not sure if the good stuff outweighs the bad stuff and even much of the good stuff had a downside for someone but I guess most overly general questions lend themselves to overly simplistic answers. In the end the question here is: Did any of the good stuff happen because of some inherent genetic advantage of white people? I say no and instead put it down to western Europe being the first to exploit various inventions and concepts thereby gaining footholds and territory through ruthless exploitation.

oh.

I'm willing to bet that Edison never sat back and thought how awesome he made white people look.

Ummmmmm .... Perhaps your to praise Edison should be reviewed. Here is a quote of Edison's:

“What are you so excited about? Everybody steals in commerce and industry. I’ve stolen a lot myself. But I knew how to steal. They don’t know how to steal—that’s all that’s the matter with them”

Edison has received credit for a lot of inventions. However, in some cases the credit really belonged to others. For example, the light bulb and moving pictures were not invented by Edison. That did not stop Edison from claiming credit.

Now, you will not believe me. CHECK OUT THIS LINK BEFORE RESPONDING TO ME.

http://search.aol.com/aol/search?s_it=clpromo1&ncid=aolsea00010000000041&q=edison+on+stealing

and just think how much further along we would be if man had put his petty bickerings aside and put all that energy into Medicine Science and Engineering.....and had let everyone participate in the Education process......

Stop whining HARRY.
A perfect example of a republican who does not want this country to move forward. Rather than recognizing or acknowledge that the statement is making perfect sense he chooses "political bickering" instead.

Ummmmmm .... Perhaps your to praise Edison should be reviewed. Here is a quote of Edison's:

“What are you so excited about? Everybody steals in commerce and industry. I’ve stolen a lot myself. But I knew how to steal. They don’t know how to steal—that’s all that’s the matter with them”

Edison has received credit for a lot of inventions. However, in some cases the credit really belonged to others. For example, the light bulb and moving pictures were not invented by Edison. That did not stop Edison from claiming credit.

Now, you will not believe me. CHECK OUT THIS LINK BEFORE RESPONDING TO ME.

http://search.aol.com/aol/search?s_it=clpromo1&ncid=aolsea00010000000041&q=edison+on+stealing

Edison was a ruthless businessman. Some would even say an asshole. He was a great engineer of his time.

Like every other race- EVEN. According to sociology, saying one race or culture is better than another is ignorant, racist, and in this case, ugly American....I'd go with Indians before whites arrived...not even the wheel...

Like every other race- EVEN. According to sociology, saying one race or culture is better than another is ignorant, racist, and in this case, ugly American....I'd go with Indians before whites arrived...not even the wheel...

I wasn't comparing to other races, franco. Though, now that you mention it, I think whites have done more good for humanity than any other race.

It's just that we always hear how terrible the white man has been. Why not any of the good?

Forum List

Back