Good News – Impeachment Will Fail, Bad News – Five Republican Senators Voted to Impeach President Trump, Murkowski, Collins, Romney, Sasse and Toomey

The Last Refuge

Good News – Impeachment Will Fail, Bad News – Five Republican Senators Voted to Impeach President Trump, Murkowski, Collins, Romney, Sasse and Toomey
Posted on January 26, 2021 by Sundance

Excerpt:

During senate impeachment rules processes and parliamentary proceedings today, Senator Rand Paul proposed a smart point of order requiring a senate vote on dismissing the impeachment case against President Trump. Essentially this dismissal vote will reflect the baseline, worst case, final outcome, vote of any impeachment trial.

The Senate then took up a motion to table the dismissal point of order. The motion to table passed 55-45; meaning 55 senators want to impeach President Donald Trump and 45 senators voted to dismiss the entire case:

LINK

======

It appears that Pelosi will fail again.......

That math doesn't add up. Isn't Leahy the presiding officer? Since the fuck when do they get a vote?

This is all I could find on this question: maybe he can vote. It's not like the President of the Senate (VP) who isn't a senator anyway.

the president pro tempore is an elected member of the Senate, able to speak or vote on any issue.

He is acting as a presiding officer over a trial, not the president pro tempore. He will likely have to make some judgements as the presiding officer, how does he do that objectively if he has a dog in the fight. Can you say conflict of interest?

He's in the party that brought the impeachment article. Of course there's going to be a question of bias. I already quoted him saying he would take his responsibilities seriously and remain impartial in his decisions. Poor old fulla is so stressed out he went back to his office and had (chest pains?), got sent to the hospital. You either believe him or you don't, but no matter who it was, I have a feeling you guys would be screaming about his decisions, worse than parents screaming at the ump of a Little League game.

He should be relaxed since he can vote on the rules that will govern his conduct of the trial.

The Last Refuge

Excerpt:

During senate impeachment rules processes and parliamentary proceedings today, Senator Rand Paul proposed a smart point of order requiring a senate vote on dismissing the impeachment case against President Trump. Essentially this dismissal vote will reflect the baseline, worst case, final outcome, vote of any impeachment trial.

The Senate then took up a motion to table the dismissal point of order. The motion to table passed 55-45; meaning 55 senators want to impeach President Donald Trump and 45 senators voted to dismiss the entire case:

LINK

======

That math doesn't add up. Isn't Leahy the presiding officer? Since the fuck when do they get a vote?

This is all I could find on this question: maybe he can vote. It's not like the President of the Senate (VP) who isn't a senator anyway.

the president pro tempore is an elected member of the Senate, able to speak or vote on any issue.

He is acting as a presiding officer over a trial, not the president pro tempore. He will likely have to make some judgements as the presiding officer, how does he do that objectively if he has a dog in the fight. Can you say conflict of interest?

He's in the party that brought the impeachment article. Of course there's going to be a question of bias. I already quoted him saying he would take his responsibilities seriously and remain impartial in his decisions. Poor old fulla is so stressed out he went back to his office and had (chest pains?), got sent to the hospital. You either believe him or you don't, but no matter who it was, I have a feeling you guys would be screaming about his decisions, worse than parents screaming at the ump of a Little League game.

He should be relaxed since he can vote on the rules that will govern his conduct of the trial.

He had tests, is home now and will be back at work tomorrow.

The Last Refuge

Excerpt:

LINK

======

Good for him, will he still be engaging in a conflict of interest?

The Last Refuge

Excerpt:

LINK

======

I think we all got your point the first five times.

The Last Refuge

Excerpt:

LINK

======

So you don't mind play against a stacked deck? Excuse me if I expect objectivity in a referee.

The Last Refuge

Excerpt:

LINK

======

So you don't mind play against a stacked deck? Excuse me if I expect objectivity in a referee.

Got anything else?

I don't understand how any Republican senator could vote to support the sham impeachment, with no hearing or witnesses or defense, just "Nancy says". Or how the senate can hold an impeachment trial of a US citizen?!

The Last Refuge

Excerpt:

LINK

======

Got anything else?

Yeah, wait till you see all the crap the commies try to put in that is not contained in the single sham impeachment article.

The Last Refuge

Excerpt:

LINK

======

It doesn't appear you read the post one article.

It wasn't addressed in the very short article.

You did NOT really read the article since your whine about Leahy is completely IRRELEVANT!

Digest this instead, that is what the article is about:

And? Where does it say why Leahy was allowed to vote. Even though they were just setting the rules, there's no logical reason the designated presiding officer would be allowed a vote. But hey, feel free to keep acting like an ignorant ass, it fits you well.

He is just one vote which he used as part of the 55.

:rolleyes:

The Last Refuge

Excerpt:

LINK

======

It doesn't appear you read the post one article.

It wasn't addressed in the very short article.

You did NOT really read the article since your whine about Leahy is completely IRRELEVANT!

Digest this instead, that is what the article is about:

And? Where does it say why Leahy was allowed to vote. Even though they were just setting the rules, there's no logical reason the designated presiding officer would be allowed a vote. But hey, feel free to keep acting like an ignorant ass, it fits you well.

He is just one vote which he used as part of the 55.

:rolleyes:

So you're admitting the article didn't address the issue, got it!!

The House Trial Managers got a glimpse of the weakened defense that Senator Paul types tend to float on behalf of the Trumped-Up boat! The disqualification from further office-holding applies easily to anyone--in or out of government.

The event itself needs no witnesses present, anymore. Everyone arrested claims that the Trumped-Up Address incited/inspired them to do it. They can be said to know better: The Trumped-Up language-speak that incited them.

The Senators are not on trial, nor is their version of any Trumped-Up language-speak at all relevant!

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Of historical relevance: Billions take this shit literally, for example: Matt 25: 14:30, even in the matter of the Red State, "Safe Haven," Baby Abandonment Boxes. The one Holy Father concluded them to be better than a "Swim for It" event in the Tiber River(?)! There is clarity-certain, about the Christian message(?)!))

Forum List

Back