Good News, At Least 160 confederate Monuments Were Finally Removed In 2020

Each side of the Revolution and the Civil War believed they were right, also the main issue of the Civil War was not about slavery it was secondary. We have
distorted the reason for the Civil War and are trying to rewrite all of history over it.

Then it's kind of inconvenient that every seceding state specifically cited Slavery, AT THE TIME, as a basis for leaving the Union, isn't it.

See, this malarkey about "it wasn't about Slavery" is part and parcel of the Lost Cause Cult revisionism, which is what those monuments were executing as well. The effect of the UDC Ministry of Propaganda.

When I see monuments, shrines and statues to the British we fought in the revolutionary war, I might reconsider the ridiculous comparison between the revolutionary war and civil war.

There is no comparison.
Confederate troops are legitimate United States veterans....Brit soldiers are not.

You hate US veterans.
Are they though? Can you be a legit Veteran for the country you literally fought against though?
Yes they are....Fact....Deal with it.

You're STILL wrong, and it can't be any easier to prove.

Confederate soldiers fought for the CSA. The CSA was a country that seceded FROM the USA. When you secede..... you're no longer a part of what you seceded FROM. They were conscripted by, or volunteered for, the Confederate States of America. They were issued uniforms by the Confederate States of America. They were paid, when they were paid, by the Confederate States of America, with money PRINTED BY the Confederate States of America.

ALL OF WHICH makes them, once they're no longer soldiers, veterans of the military of the Confederate States of America. And NOT veterans of the United States of America.

Let me know if you need this to be drawn out with stick figures. :banghead:

I don't know why you guys are arguing with this old doddering idiots. The simple fact of the matter is people who want these statues up are losing, their opinions are useless and in the minority. They'll bitch and moan on the internet and only on the internet will it matter.

Statues are not about History, they're about reverence, we do not revere the useless idiot traitors who wanted to keep slavery and fought for it. But for all those who want to curl up in a ball and pretend like they know the best, they're still that last ballwark for the "real" truth; carry on- you don't matter, and very few people care about you.
No we do not revere useless idiot traitors nor do we like you much for your nasty slander of our ancestors. "We"? You flatter yourself thinking you are a part of "we". You ae the pathetic whining minority revisionists.
You do revere idiot useless traitors, if you revere the Confederacy. I don't care if you love your ancestors and say your poor uncle Thomas was fighting for whatever reason. But the Confederacy as an...Organization was about one thing, and that thing was Slavery. "We" are the Majority, "You" are the Minority- it's why despite your complaining online more and more statues come down. Do you understand you've been in the minority for a very long time? Or do you honestly believe that "Silent Majority" none sense?

No one is revising anything, taking down statues doesn't change whats written in History books... though in some places it should come hand in hand. You know, I'm talking about the places that make people like you who think Slavery wasn't the reason for the War.
Who said I revered the Confederacy? I don't especially. Nor do I revere the Northern union as you seem to. This in spite of the fact that I had ancestors at least one of which fought on each side. The idea that the Confederacy was about one thing is your invention. Yes, slavery was an issue and an important one because the wealth of the South depended on cotton and the production of cotton at that time depended on slavery as it had for some time. Slavery was legal and considered moral. Continued slavery was mostly an economic issue and the South reacted much like the North would have had the South demanded it cease the use of all machinery in it's factories. Nobody wants to be impoverished. And nobody wanted to allow the federal government to dictate State law so some States replaced the federal government with one they liked better. Live and let live.
The idea that the Union fought to free the slaves and the South fought to keep slaves is mostly hype and propaganda. It's far more accurate say that the North fought to keep control of the people and resources of people that no longer felt they could tolerate what they considered an abusive federal government. Which is actually a pretty good example of tyranny itself.

"We" are the Majority, "You" are the Minority-

And that is highly imaginary-but delusional- bullshit. And even if it wasn't it is not just cause to break the law. Obey the law and we got no problem. Otherwise we do.

And yes memorials are history. They are a statement that people cared enough about the subject to place, often at great trouble and expense, that memorial there.
And no, your opinion is not more important than theirs' no matter how much you wish to flatter yourselves otherwise. You're just another group of barbarians who think that somehow childish temper tantrums make you seen cute and special. They don't.

Monuments are **STILL** not "history". Never have been, aren't now, and never will be in the future. PERIOD.

History is recorded in what we call "books". When you find somebody going out burning all the history books, you let us know. But until then, edifice complexes and graven images are irrelevant.
If monuments are not history why molest them? How is it you claim they "hurt" anybody just by existing? If they are "irrelevant" why the hard-on for tearing them down?

Actually the question relating to "irrelevant" is "why are y'all statupologists so fixated on worshiping them?"

As for the emotional bits of "molestation" (ewww) and "hurt", monuments certainly DO have a purpose, which is to make a biased POINT. That POINT is the object of derision. The point the monument is making ---- not the history that spawned it. That relationship is DIRECT, not indirect as you seem to want to make it.

All that said, I can't address why you seem to anal-yze all of this in sexual terms. Seems like you have needs that are not being met.
If they have a purpose and make-or attempt to make- a point they are obviously NOT irrelevant.
Maybe if you actually read some of those history books you would begin to understand the actual point the monuments make. Of course I think we both know that you really don't care. Your agenda is to further your claim that everything said done or written anywhere in America has or had something to do with the Confederacy slavery or oppression of black people. Otherwise how can you continue to play the poor pathetic downtrodden victim of cruel fate? Leaders of the Confederacy would be very pleased that they has such an amazing amount of influence.

I'm very happy to read about this. I hope it continues.

How does removing a statue change what happened with slavery or the Civil War?

How does removing historical markers of our history or remembrance and awareness of our history do anything to CHANGE our history much less make us any more likely not to repeat it?

How does hiding from and pretending less noble periods of our past make us better people?

I don't know why you guys are arguing with this old doddering idiots. The simple fact of the matter is people who want these statues up are losing, their opinions are useless and in the minority. They'll bitch and moan on the internet and only on the internet will it matter.

Statues are not about History, they're about reverence, we do not revere the useless idiot traitors who wanted to keep slavery and fought for it. But for all those who want to curl up in a ball and pretend like they know the best, they're still that last ballwark for the "real" truth; carry on- you don't matter, and very few people care about you.
No we do not revere useless idiot traitors nor do we like you much for your nasty slander of our ancestors. "We"? You flatter yourself thinking you are a part of "we". You ae the pathetic whining minority revisionists.
You do revere idiot useless traitors, if you revere the Confederacy. I don't care if you love your ancestors and say your poor uncle Thomas was fighting for whatever reason. But the Confederacy as an...Organization was about one thing, and that thing was Slavery. "We" are the Majority, "You" are the Minority- it's why despite your complaining online more and more statues come down. Do you understand you've been in the minority for a very long time? Or do you honestly believe that "Silent Majority" none sense?

No one is revising anything, taking down statues doesn't change whats written in History books... though in some places it should come hand in hand. You know, I'm talking about the places that make people like you who think Slavery wasn't the reason for the War.
Who said I revered the Confederacy? I don't especially. Nor do I revere the Northern union as you seem to. This in spite of the fact that I had ancestors at least one of which fought on each side. The idea that the Confederacy was about one thing is your invention. Yes, slavery was an issue and an important one because the wealth of the South depended on cotton and the production of cotton at that time depended on slavery as it had for some time. Slavery was legal and considered moral. Continued slavery was mostly an economic issue and the South reacted much like the North would have had the South demanded it cease the use of all machinery in it's factories. Nobody wants to be impoverished. And nobody wanted to allow the federal government to dictate State law so some States replaced the federal government with one they liked better. Live and let live.
The idea that the Union fought to free the slaves and the South fought to keep slaves is mostly hype and propaganda. It's far more accurate say that the North fought to keep control of the people and resources of people that no longer felt they could tolerate what they considered an abusive federal government. Which is actually a pretty good example of tyranny itself.

And that is highly imaginary-but delusional- bullshit. And even if it wasn't it is not just cause to break the law. Obey the law and we got no problem. Otherwise we do.

And yes memorials are history. They are a statement that people cared enough about the subject to place, often at great trouble and expense, that memorial there.
And no, your opinion is not more important than theirs' no matter how much you wish to flatter yourselves otherwise. You're just another group of barbarians who think that somehow childish temper tantrums make you seen cute and special. They don't.

Monuments are **STILL** not "history". Never have been, aren't now, and never will be in the future. PERIOD.

History is recorded in what we call "books". When you find somebody going out burning all the history books, you let us know. But until then, edifice complexes and graven images are irrelevant.
If monuments are not history why molest them? How is it you claim they "hurt" anybody just by existing? If they are "irrelevant" why the hard-on for tearing them down?

Actually the question relating to "irrelevant" is "why are y'all statupologists so fixated on worshiping them?"

As for the emotional bits of "molestation" (ewww) and "hurt", monuments certainly DO have a purpose, which is to make a biased POINT. That POINT is the object of derision. The point the monument is making ---- not the history that spawned it. That relationship is DIRECT, not indirect as you seem to want to make it.

All that said, I can't address why you seem to anal-yze all of this in sexual terms. Seems like you have needs that are not being met.
If they have a purpose and make-or attempt to make- a point they are obviously NOT irrelevant.
Maybe if you actually read some of those history books you would begin to understand the actual point the monuments make. Of course I think we both know that you really don't care. Your agenda is to further your claim that everything said done or written anywhere in America has or had something to do with the Confederacy slavery or oppression of black people. Otherwise how can you continue to play the poor pathetic downtrodden victim of cruel fate? Leaders of the Confederacy would be very pleased that they has such an amazing amount of influence.

Just for the record, the point where I clicked a "funny" was the moment I read, "Maybe if you actually read some of those history books". You have NO idea who you're trolling here, chump.

How does removing historical markers of our history or remembrance and awareness of our history do anything to CHANGE our history much less make us any more likely not to repeat it?

How does hiding from and pretending less noble periods of our past make us better people?

1 it doesn't
2 it doesn't
3 it doesn't

Congratulations on the birth of Strawman TRIPLETS! :eusa_dance:

democrat history.jpg

They will have to get all the schools in the nation to stop teaching the students about the civl war too.

Students start learning about the civil war in elementary school.

They will have to get all the schools in the nation to stop teaching the students about the civl war too.

Students start learning about the civil war in elementary school.

--- which again recalls what the same group that frantically ran around putting up all these propaganda transmitters, also did, in fact put more energy into than the monuments:

At 2:06 you can see a very quick shot of the relief carved into Stone Mountain in Georgia, originally contracted with Gutzon Borglum to do the sculpting. Why Stone Mountain? That was the site of the re-founding of the Ku Klux Klan in 1915, the one that spread nationwide and counted members in the millions. They also affixed a plaque on a building in Pulaski Tennessee to "honor" the building as the site of the founding of the original Klan.

Last edited:
"Propaganda transmitters"? Your own propaganda term?
Stone Mountain was the site of a major and important Civil War battle. Many brave men died there. Both the battle and the men deserve to be remembered. This is called "history".

How many statues must be removed before slavery never happened?
All white people must be eradicated. Like in current TV commercials.

Let's be fair.

Caucasians are still in almost every commercial.

Their role is to be paired with ladies and gentlemen of other "backgrounds."

The commercials show us what a paradise this will become once we eradicate all racism.

Let's be fair.

The commercials show us what a paradise this will become once we eradicate all racism.
But the representation is disproportionate. And most times the non-whites are all assimilated when we know that in real life many speak Spanish and many others speak illiterate ghetto pronunciations.

Let's be fair.

But the representation is disproportionate. And most times the non-whites are all assimilated when we know that in real life many speak Spanish and many others speak illiterate ghetto pronunciations.

Ah!

But commercials do NOT show "real life."

Commercials are what the creators want America to be like.

For example, I always get a chuckle when commercials for home security systems always show the bad guys to be Caucasian young men!

Have a nice weekend!

Let's be fair.

But whites are underrepresented as a bullshit contrivance. It’s beyond obvious and it’s all part of the usurping of the culture and the overthrow of America.

All of those monuments and statues should be in a museum where they belong.

People who attacked our nation causing the bloodiest war in our history, which put brother against brother, which killed over 600 thousand Americans, should never been revered or celebrated.

They should only be held in contempt. They aren't patriots. Patriots don't go to war to leave the union.

They are traitors to our nation and the last thing they deserve is our respect or any sort of monument or statue.

Only Nazis and commies would be happy about removing history. You libtards are so friggin stupid.

People who attacked our nation causing the bloodiest war in our history, which put brother against brother, which killed over 600 thousand Americans, should never been revered or celebrated.

They should only be held in contempt. They aren't patriots. Patriots don't go to war to leave the union.

They are traitors to our nation and the last thing they deserve is our respect or any sort of monument or statue.

Only Nazis and commies would be happy about removing history. You libtards are so friggin stupid.

Once AGAIN for the stupids ---- monuments are NOT where we keep history. BOOKS are where we keep history. Nothing changed about that.

Monuments are where we REWRITE history, if so inclined, which is what these particular monuments tried to do, and succeeded for too long. Why don't you tell the class what sort of folks would be UNhappy that the REWRITE was undone.

Last edited:
"Propaganda transmitters"? Your own propaganda term?
Stone Mountain was the site of a major and important Civil War battle. Many brave men died there. Both the battle and the men deserve to be remembered. This is called "history".

OH REALLY.

What "major and important Civil War battle" was this then? WHO died there? HOW "many"? Surely you "remember".

This is called "a challenge". How will you handle it?

Once AGAIN for the stupids ---- monuments are NOT where we keep history. BOOKS are where we keep history. Nothing changed about that.

Monuments are where we REWRITE history, if so inclined, which is what these particular monuments tried to do, and succeeded for too long. Why don't you tell the class what sort of folks would be UNhappy that the REWRITE was undone.
What you're doing is trying to rewrite history now

I ain't 'rewriting' jack shit. Actually the only clown rewriting here is post 109. I just challenged him on it.
I bet the house he runs away. You in or what?

Hey, maybe daveman might want a piece of this action. He read about the "major and important Civil War battle at Stone Mountain" and clicked and 'Agree" on it. Let's see what he does.

Forum List

Back