Good News, At Least 160 confederate Monuments Were Finally Removed In 2020

Each side of the Revolution and the Civil War believed they were right, also the main issue of the Civil War was not about slavery it was secondary. We have
distorted the reason for the Civil War and are trying to rewrite all of history over it.

Then it's kind of inconvenient that every seceding state specifically cited Slavery, AT THE TIME, as a basis for leaving the Union, isn't it.

See, this malarkey about "it wasn't about Slavery" is part and parcel of the Lost Cause Cult revisionism, which is what those monuments were executing as well. The effect of the UDC Ministry of Propaganda.

I'm very happy to read about this. I hope it continues.

All of those monuments and statues should be in a museum where they belong.

People who attacked our nation causing the bloodiest war in our history, which put brother against brother, which killed over 600 thousand Americans, should never been revered or celebrated.

They should only be held in contempt. They aren't patriots. Patriots don't go to war to leave the union.

They are traitors to our nation and the last thing they deserve is our respect or any sort of monument or statue.

Okay cool. Racism and oppression is over in America then.

According to the Democrats, racism and oppression never will be over. Otherwise, how else would they win an election?

Besides cheating, I mean.
a fact that will never register with this shill of course.to be fair,we have had many illegitimate presidents sworn in due to election fraud including RINOS like Bush who got in illegally both times.as i said,this has gone on for decades now,this is not the first time we have had an illegitmate president sworn in and not all were dems.

People who attacked our nation causing the bloodiest war in our history, which put brother against brother, which killed over 600 thousand Americans, should never been revered or celebrated.

They should only be held in contempt. They aren't patriots. Patriots don't go to war to leave the union.

They are traitors to our nation and the last thing they deserve is our respect or any sort of monument or statue.

Liberals do not realize you cannot change history by hiding history

Idiotic. And I'll bet you claim to be against divisiveness. You are the problem; not monuments that never hurt anybody.

Liberals do not realize you cannot change history by hiding history
Ohhhh yes you can.
This is what they want.

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.
George Orwell, 1984

Idiotic. And I'll bet you claim to be against divisiveness. You are the problem; not monuments that never hurt anybody.

Here's the first monument the city of New Orleans took down (see post 17) in its original placement:

liberty-place-monument.jpg

That obelisk is (was) standing at the foot of Canal Street, literally the busiest spot in the entire city. You can see the streetcar turning around to head back up toward the Lake.

Here's what the inscription on that obelisk read:

libertymonument-whitesupremacy.jpg

That's a commemoration of a coup d'etat (technically a coup de la ville) staged in the city in 1876 by a White Supremacist group called the White League, which literally went to war against a democratically elected biracial city government to install an all-white one.

Then they plunked THIS into the most prominent spot in the entire city.

Have any idea how many black people lived in New Orleans, then and now?

Think having to look at a monument to white supremacy "didn't hurt" them?

Hm?

How about the statue of Robert E. Lee, who never wanted graven images of himself to exist, standing defiantly facing NORTH, at Lee Circle, where St. Charles Avenue (and another streetcar) begin?

Think black people "didn't hurt" about that?

Hm?

Last edited:

:thankusmile: amen to that.

Black people who chose to stay in America are proof of “white supremacy”. They want to live in a country founded and built by white people, all based on the values they brought from England and Europe. If white culture wasn’t “superior”, why are third worlders always trying to get into our country as well as other Western nations?

Black people who chose to stay in America are proof of “white supremacy”. They want to live in a country founded and built by white people, all based on the values they brought from England and Europe. If white culture wasn’t “superior”, why are third worlders always trying to get into our country as well as other Western nations?

Wow, thanks for coming out dood. Don't forget yer hood.

"Chose to stay" huh. :dig:

The point stands. Unlike the obelisk. To which, good riddance.

Last edited:

Why would I need a hood? I have nothing to hide. You’re the ones hiding behind masks.

Last edited:
Each side of the Revolution and the Civil War believed they were right, also the main issue of the Civil War was not about slavery it was secondary. We have
distorted the reason for the Civil War and are trying to rewrite all of history over it.

Then it's kind of inconvenient that every seceding state specifically cited Slavery, AT THE TIME, as a basis for leaving the Union, isn't it.

See, this malarkey about "it wasn't about Slavery" is part and parcel of the Lost Cause Cult revisionism, which is what those monuments were executing as well. The effect of the UDC Ministry of Propaganda.

Ah, the quoted poster "disagrees" but has no response to prove me wrong. Because I'm right.

>> Although they mentioned other causes and sometimes used veiled references to defense of “life and property,” none of the secessionist was [sic] shy about making some reference to slavery as a primary cause for their dissolution of ties with a United States government that had, in their eyes, fallen under the domination of the “Black Republicans,” as a careful look through their respective ordinances will reveal.​
The attitudes of the time can be found in more detail in the rhetoric that accompanied the breaks. At the very onset, on December 20, 1860, South Carolina declared that President-elect Abraham Lincoln’s “opinions and purposes are hostile to slavery.”​
On January 7, 1861, the ordinance signed in Montgomery that “it is the desire and purpose of the people of Alabama to meet the Slaveholding States of the South, who may approve such purpose, in order to frame a provisional as well as permanent government upon the principles of the Constitution of the United States.”​
On February 2, 1861, Texas declared its decision to be “based upon the unnatural feeling of hostility to these Southern States and their beneficent and patriarchal system of African slavery, proclaiming the debasing doctrine of equality of all men, irrespective of race or color—a doctrine at war with nature, in opposition to the experience of mankind, and in violation of the plainest revelations of the Divine Law.”​
On March 9, 1861, Arkansas’s George B. Smoote added a resolution: “Resolved, that the platform on the party known as the Black Republican Party contains unconstitutional dogmas, dangerous in their tendency and highly derogatory to the rights of slave states, and among them the insulting, injurious and untruthful enunciation of the right of the African race of their country to social and political equality with the whites.”​
On April 17, 1861 latecomer Virginia, provoked by Lincoln’s raising troops to suppress the already seceded states, declared “Lincoln’s opinions and purposes are hostile to slavery” as it cut ties with Washington. Tennessee was the 11th and last, its population divided on secession (eastern Tennesseans generally opposed it), but not on the slave issue. << --- History.net
It's recorded, dood. In writing. In 1860 and 1861.

Meanwhile the propaganda you bought from the UDC, and their monuments, is this:

>> The Lost Cause of the Confederacy, or simply the Lost Cause, is an American pseudo-historical,[1][2] negationist ideology that advocates the belief that the cause of the Confederate States during the American Civil War was a just and heroic one.[3] This ideology has furthered the belief that slavery was just and moral, because the enslaved were happy, even grateful, and it also brought economic prosperity. The notion was used to perpetuate racism and racist power structures during the Jim Crow era in the American South.[4] It emphasizes the supposed chivalric virtues of the antebellum South. It thus views the war as a struggle primarily waged to save the Southern way of life[5] and to protect "states' rights", especially the right to secede from the Union. It casts that attempt as faced with "overwhelming Northern aggression". At the same time, it minimizes or completely denies the central role of slavery and white supremacy in the build-up to, and outbreak of, the war.[4]
... Though the idea of the Lost Cause has more than one origin, its proponents mainly argue that slavery was not the primary cause of the Civil War.[10] In reaching that conclusion, they ignore the declarations of secession by the Confederate states, the declarations of congressmen who left the US Congress to join the Confederacy, and the treatment of slavery in the Confederate Constitution.[11] They also deny or minimize the wartime writings and speeches of Confederate leaders, such as CSA Vice President Alexander Stephens's Cornerstone Speech, instead favoring the leaders' postwar views.[12] << (Wiki)​
Wanna see that "Cornerstone Speech"? Here's the relevant passage:
>> ts foundations are laid, its cornerstone rests upon the great truth, that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery—subordination to the superior race—is his natural and normal condition. This, our new government, is the first, in the history of the world, based upon this great physical, philosophical, and moral truth.[2]

Our confederacy is founded upon principles in strict conformity with these laws. This stone which was rejected by the first builders "is become the chief of the corner"—the real "corner-stone"—in our new edifice.[1] << (March 21, 1861 by Alexander Stephens, VP of the CSA)​
I'm afraid these are recorded quotes. You don't get to "disagree" that they exist.

Last edited:

Why would I need a hood? I have nothing to hide. Your [sic] the ones hiding behind masks.

I am a singular, not a plural, and the only masks I have are for containing COVID spread.

Last edited:
You’re into Marxist censorship.
You need to be removed.
The creation of these monuments and statues was motivated by fear, racism, and hate – not to ‘honor’ those who fought in the Civil War.

They were created to reinforce and codify black codes, Jim Crow laws, and segregation.

It is perfectly appropriate to remove these monuments as those who engaged in treason against the United States and committed war crimes deserve no commemoration.

Here's the first monument the city of New Orleans took down (see post 17) in its original placement:

liberty-place-monument.jpg

That obelisk is (was) standing at the foot of Canal Street, literally the busiest spot in the entire city. You can see the streetcar turning around to head back up toward the Lake.

Here's what the inscription on that obelisk read:

libertymonument-whitesupremacy.jpg

That's a commemoration of a coup d'etat staged in the city in 1876 by a White Supremacist group called the White League, which literally went to war against a democratically elected biracial city government to install an all-white one.

Then they plunked THIS into the most prominent spot in the entire city.

Hm?

How about the statue of Robert E. Lee, who never wanted graven images of himself to exist, standing defiantly facing NORTH, at Lee Circle, where St. Charles Avenue (and another streetcar) begin?

Think black people "didn't hurt" about that?

Hm?
No, I don't think black people "hurt" about that. I think that some people go around looking for any possible excuse to be offended because they enjoy playing the victim.
Why should anybody need your approval to honor someone? What about the people "hurt" by the desecration of monuments they cherished and approved of? Your opinion is the only one that matters? Peddle that crap elsewhere.

Good news for left loons, not so much for us against trying to erase history
This is a lie.

No one seeks to ‘erase’ history.

Such monuments can be relocated from public venues to private ones, where government that represents all the people is not seen as endorsing racism and hate.

The history will remain for all to see in museums and like locations.

You’re into Marxist censorship.
You need to be removed.
The creation of these monuments and statues was motivated by fear, racism, and hate – not to ‘honor’ those who fought in the Civil War.

They were created to reinforce and codify black codes, Jim Crow laws, and segregation.

It is perfectly appropriate to remove these monuments as those who engaged in treason against the United States and committed war crimes deserve no commemoration.

And we might quickly add that said monuments --- I still call them propaganda transmitters since that WAS their purpose --- were deliberately located on public property in prominent places, such as the Canal Street and Lee Circle placements noted upthread.

That's exactly how cities and towns have been able to remove them ---- they're taking up space on PUBLIC property, and in so doing making a statement that reflects that town or city. It's right there in the video back in post 17 where the mayor explains all of this for those who have ears to hear.

Forum List

Back