Good News, At Least 160 confederate Monuments Were Finally Removed In 2020

I'm very happy to read about this. I hope it continues.

All of those monuments and statues should be in a museum where they belong.

People who attacked our nation causing the bloodiest war in our history, which put brother against brother, which killed over 600 thousand Americans, should never been revered or celebrated.

They should only be held in contempt. They aren't patriots. Patriots don't go to war to leave the union.

They are traitors to our nation and the last thing they deserve is our respect or any sort of monument or statue.

America was founded on being a traitor to the British Rule.

Give me the name of a British soldier or general who fought in the Revolutionary War that we in America have built shrines and statues to.

Who walks around in America with a British flag and respects the British for what they did in the Revolutionary War?

There is no comparison here.

People who attacked our nation causing the bloodiest war in our history, which put brother against brother, which killed over 600 thousand Americans, should never been revered or celebrated.

They should only be held in contempt. They aren't patriots. Patriots don't go to war to leave the union.

They are traitors to our nation and the last thing they deserve is our respect or any sort of monument or statue.

Stalinists called that historical revisionism. It is indeed worthy of the nomenclature.

Now let's cut off giving money to African nations that are at war with each other.

Give me the name of a British soldier or general who fought in the Revolutionary War that we in America have built shrines and statues to.

Who walks around in America with a British flag and respects the British for what they did in the Revolutionary War?

We were the traitors back then. Are you denying we turned against our British government?

Why not remove the monuments to Union Army too?
Didn't they massacre the Indians??
Oh wait, that's coming next.

Pure cancel culture ;) I kid, this is excellent news, and the fact that it triggers Goobers is a bonus.

As Joni Mitchell kind of said:

They took all the Lees and put 'em in a Lee Museum
And they charged all the people - A dollar and a half just to see 'em

There is nothing good about erasing our history. It undermines our society and promotes guilt and hate. The bottom line is slavery was abolished and how that came about is important to remember no matter how unpleasant it is to a few Communists with control of the media.

NOWHERE ON EARTH is history encased in monuments. History is neutral fact; monuments are highly-biased honorific pedestals. The erection of the monuments in question was done specifically to DENY what the history was, including your own citation of Abolition.
What a bunch of shit that is. If you believe that you must be lying to yourself and have been doing it quite a while. Enjoy your dribble, no one else will.

Under thst mentality we should still be a British colony flying the Union Jack over our government buildings rather than the Star Spangled Babner.
Except one war was for freedom and the other was for slavery.

We don't have any statues to the British generals or soldiers who fought in the revolutionary war here in America.

It's cowardly and childish to try to compare the Revolutionary War with the Civil War.

There is no comparison.
One of the QOP types on here has just compared the ethnicity of TV ads to slavery. The horror of seeing black folk on our television is a burden that we white folk must shoulder. Far worse than picking cotton for lazy inbred traitors.

Under thst mentality we should still be a British colony flying the Union Jack over our government buildings rather than the Star Spangled Babner.
So you supported the side that butchered indigenous tribes on the plains.
How could you, Tommy??
The brits would have done the same.
So, why not call for Union statues to be removed.
Is slavery really worse than wiping out tribes?
Show some consistency.

97372143f48445132259411a16248955.jpg

You should probably study up on the Boot Memorial, it honors a traitor....like you.

Have at it

We were the traitors back then. Are you denying we turned against our British government?

So you can't give me even one name of a British soldier or general we fought against in the revolutionary war that a shrine or memorial or statue has been built.

That is the point.

Sure to the British we were traitors to the crown. No doubt about it.

The colonists weren't traitors to the 13 colonies. In fact, they were fighting for the 13 colonies and freedom.

The colonists and those after them came here to get away from England and their king.

We have not erected any sort of memorial or shrine or statue to the losers of the revolutionary war.

We don't see anyone walking around proudly displaying the British flag.

I'm sure that the British don't have any statues or memorials or shrines to George Washington or any of the people who fought for our freedom during the revolutionary war erected in England.

Those of us who love the United States of America and proudly support the union, what the revolutionists fought for, died for and worked so hard to create, don't go to war against our nation.

Those of us who want those insults to the United States and everything we stand for removed aren't fighting for another nation nor are we fighting against our own nation.

That can't be said about the confederacy and those who still hang onto a failed war against our nation.

What it comes down to, there is no comparison between the revolutionary war and the civil war. To even ty is to spit on the graves of those who fought, died or gave a limb so that we can be free.

Last edited:
So you supported the side that butchered indigenous tribes on the plains.
How could you, Tommy??
The brits would have done the same.
So, why not call for Union statues to be removed.
Is slavery really worse than wiping out tribes?
Show some consistency.

Well because (A) there was never a "United Daughters of the Union" running around putting up propaganda transmitters to glorify some war that was LOST, and (B) any such monuments wouldn't have been peering down on white people telling them "make no mistake, the black people run this town".

You don't get where this all comes from, do ya. See my video posted in 17.
See also this one --- you see, the UDC didn't just put up monuments. They had an entire Ministry of Information going.

Monuments were part of the Lost Cause Cult, but by no means all of it. Another was literature and pop culture, starting with Edward Pollard just after the Civil War, erupting in the 1905 novel "The Clansman" which begat a popular play, which begat the landmark film "Birth of a Nation" which begat the re-founding of the Ku Klux Klan....

---- which brings us to a couple of examples of the honorifics the UDC put up celebrating the KKK, the first being a plaque on a building at West Madison Street in Pulaski Tennessee "honoring" the six ex-soldiers who founded it at that site, which they affixed there in 1917. About 70 years later the building, still standing, was bought by a new owner who turned the plaque backwards so that it now reads nothing -- blank space. Know who objected to that turnaround? NOBODY. Nobody locally, the only whines came from Klan dresser-uppers who would make pilgrimages to their "shrine". They were not amused but hey, fuckem.

The second Klan-related honorific was the one when they commissioned a sculptor and avid Klanner named Gutzon Borglum to carve a relief scene of "heroic" Confederates on the side of Stone Mountain Georgia, where that re-founding of the dead Klan had taken place in 1915. Borglum and the UDC had a falling-out and the relief had all kinds of delays but finally got done and is there now. If the name Gutzon Borglum sounds familiar, it's because he's the guy who, having left the deal with Stone Mountain, went west and sculpted Mout Rushmore.

So you can't give me even one name of a British soldier or general we fought against in the revolutionary war that a shrine or memorial or statue has been built.

That is the point.

Sure to the British we were traitors to the crown. No doubt about it.

The colonists weren't traitors to the 13 colonies. In fact, they were fighting for the 13 colonies and freedom.

The colonists and those after them came here to get away from England and their king.

We have not erected any sort of memorial or shrine or statue to the losers of the revolutionary war.

We don't see anyone walking around proudly displaying the British flag.

I'm sure that the British don't have any statues or memorials or shrines to George Washington or any of the people who fought for our freedom during the revolutionary war erected in England.

Those of us who love the United States of America and proudly support the union, what the revolutionists fought for, died for and worked so hard to create, don't go to war against our nation.

Those of us who want those insults to the United States and everything we stand for removed aren't fighting for another nation nor are we fighting against our own nation.

That can't be said about the confederacy and those who still hang onto a failed war against our nation.

What it comes down to, there is no comparison between the revolutionary war and the civil war. To even ty is to spit on the graves of those who fought, died or gave a limb so that we can be free.
You don’t need to remind me about the revolution. It was a group of insurrectionists that overthrew the current government of that time. What part
of that statement is false?

Each side of the Revolution and the Civil War believed they were right, also the main issue of the Civil War was not about slavery it was secondary. We have
distorted the reason for the Civil War and are trying to rewrite all of history over it.

BTW, Trafalgar Square has a statue of the Revolution’s hero, George Washington.

You should probably study up on the Boot Memorial, it honors a traitor....like you.

Have at it

She has a different opinion, that doesn’t make one traitor. We have lots of different opinions, and all can be heard for what they are.

Forum List

Back