Good Job Teachers!!!

Like I said, I went through 1/3 of a business masters program and we learned a lot. Each class was a business class focused on business. No gym classes required. We met in teams outside of class, wrote a lot of papers, had to do powerpoint presentations every week. Everything a company wants an employee to be good at.

It's an accredited university just like Harvard, Eastern Michigan University and the college you went to. In fact one of my professors was a Harvard Business graduate.

Oh, and that job I got talking about University of Phoenix, so too were the other 2 people there interviewing. My brother's brother in law got me the job interview. I couldn't believe the other two people there were also from Phoenix. They got hired too. And so you don't think I'm making this up, I'll reveal something about myself here that's embarrassing. I lost the job because I didn't pass the drug test. LOL. I love my pot. But damn did I embarrass my brother and his brother in law. They never recommended me for a job ever again.

Would I encourage my kid to go to University of Phoenix? No. But if I was working full time and needed a bachelor or masters to advance in my career and my company accepted Phoenix as an accredited school, which all companies do, I'd go to Phoenix. I didn't feel like I was screwing people over talking them into enrolling. Many of them were concerned about what you are saying though because they hear the bullshit too. But that's just the traditional universities hating on a new university doing it better.

Think about the classes you took at your traditional school. Sure they loaded you up with busy work maybe more so than Phoenix but that's because you were a full time student. Their program is designed for people who don't have full time jobs. It's a bitch getting a degree from one of them if you are working full time. You need one class that's only offered on Friday at 2pm. How you gonna take that class?

There may be companies who will pass on your resume because they see University of Phoenix is where you went to school. I'm sure that might happen but that also happens to people who only went to Eastern Michigan University. They may pass on me and hire someone from Michigan State. My advice is get into the best school you can get into. It may make a difference in your career. But if you can't do a traditional school, go to Phoenix. What's your other option?

I liked this part where it said

having tried at all has increased your chances of ignoring the voices in your head urging you to quit the next time. Always remember, the key to victory is strength, and the key to developing strength is trying again, no matter what the reason you failed before.

If your kids are too stupid to learn the material the teacher puts out there, don’t blame the teacher. Blame your stupid kids.
One problem is the time frame for learning. Some will fall behind and no one cares. The education system is set up to fail the kids, but to reward itself. Parents should teach their kids that they are entering a hostile environment, on several levels, and that they must control their own education, and provide their own safety, to the extent possible.

If your kids are too stupid to learn the material the teacher puts out there, don’t blame the teacher. Blame your stupid kids.
Teachers are as much victims of the system as the kids are. They only have so much time to teach subjects that often require many more hours than they are allotted. Schools also try to cram too much information into heads not big enough for all of it.

My advice is to avoid trying to do things that you keep failing at. Find out your real interests and strengths and play to them. Don't be a square peg in a round hole. Life is too short to always have sore knees.

My advice is to avoid trying to do things that you keep failing at. Find out your real interests and strengths and play to them. Don't be a square peg in a round hole. Life is too short to always have sore knees.
Not a bad point. Imagine if my dad said, "you can't quit football and baseball" when I saw I was going nowhere in those sports. When I was dealing with favoritism and nepotism. I could have gotten brain problems from playing football. If you don't like something, try something else.

So I tried track, cross country, tennis. I liked tennis but when I beat a kid who was on the team for 3 years, rather than let me advance to the next guy to beat, they said I had to play him again. Anyways, so I finally found wrestling, became all state my senior year, and it got me a scholarship into college. Life changing all because I quit some things and tried something new.

Then I quit wrestling in college because I couldn't do that, go to school and work. So quitting wrestling got me a college degree.

And everyone says if you want a better job it's best to find one while you already have a job. So ultimately, you have to quit something after you find your dream job.

If you avoid your weaknesses, you'll never become strong.

Not at those things you won't. I don't think I will ever become a strong ice skater. That's ok. Or chess player. Or swimmer. I'm built like an anchor. I guess I'll never be Greg Luganus.

I'm realizing that no one is perfect. Some people are really good at answering the Jeopardy questions but then they screw up when it comes to betting at the end.

Who? Our country was not discovered by anyone named "Columbia" or even "Columbus" flor that matter. Did you flunk history?

First of all it was a typo as I meant to type Columbus and second of all I know that as that what I said in my OP. Second of all, you're no genius either. "flor" you make mistakes too dumbass.

I'm strong in the things I'm good at, weak in those I'm not. Like Dirty Harry said, "A man's got to know his limitations." That said I've pretty much overcome my moral weaknesses, so I'm pretty strong in that.

I'm strong in the things I'm good at, weak in those I'm not. Like Dirty Harry said, "A man's got to know his limitations." That said I've pretty much overcome my moral weaknesses, so I'm pretty strong in that.
I want to ask the teachers on this thread one question. How's your aim?

Top Texas Republicans Call For More Guns, Fortified Schools, Armed Teachers After Attack​

Oh, and just like school supplies, you have to buy your own gun and ammo. Public school teachers in Texas make $45,000 a year.

Will the teaching program in college offer shooting classes as part of the curriculum?

• Disagree

Attachments

• 1653490485381.gif
    1653490485381.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 20
By developing your strengths you mitigate the effects of your weaknesses.

I have a fear of swimming in the ocean. I have no intent of ever overcoming that fear. I sleep peacefully at night knowing that I will never be eaten by a shark. Avoiding the ocean is actually now one of my strengths. ;)

Last edited:
It's cowardly to avoid one's weaknesses.
Keeps me from being eaten by a shark. :biggrin:

I think it's courageous to admit to one's weaknesses. Of course character weaknesses should be faced and overcome.

What we're talking about is things we have an interest in. If the desire to succeed in something is strong then it's worth the effort to overcome the weakness that prevents success. It's quite foolish to try to be 'all things to all men' by trying to excel in everything. That's quite a grandiose notion.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back