Good Friday- A Legal Holiday in 12 US States. Why?

Good Friday is a widely instituted legal holiday around the world, including in most Western countries and 12 U.S. states. Some countries, such as Germany, have laws prohibiting certain acts, such as dancing and horse racing, that are seen as profaning the solemn nature of the day.
Good Friday - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good Friday

I am appalled that Good Friday- a Christian Religious Holiday- is an official state holiday in 12 states, including my state of New Jersey, where state employees are given a paid day off at the expense of taxpayers. There is no other religion that gets such a holiday

New Jersey also grants Christmas day a paid holiday to state employees which I also have a problem with. However, there was a supreme court ruling that said that it was permissible because Christmas had become more of a secular/commercial event than a religious holiday. I don't buy it but so be it. However, I would like someone to explain to me how declaring Good Friday as a government holiday is not a blatant violation of the establishment clause of the first amendment

Good Friday is a widely instituted legal holiday around the world, including in most Western countries and 12 U.S. states. Some countries, such as Germany, have laws prohibiting certain acts, such as dancing and horse racing, that are seen as profaning the solemn nature of the day.
Good Friday - Wikipedia

I am appalled that Good Friday- a Christian Religious Holiday- is an official state holiday in 12 states, including my state of New Jersey, where state employees are given a paid day off at the expense of taxpayers. There is no other religion that gets such a holiday

New Jersey also grants Christmas day a paid holiday to state employees which I also have a problem with. However, there was a supreme court ruling that said that it was permissible because Christmas had become more of a secular/commercial event than a religious holiday. I don't buy it but so be it. However, I would like someone to explain to me how declaring Good Friday as a government holiday is not a blatant violation of the establishment clause of the first amendment
progressive patriot is an oxymoron ........theres no such thing as a progressive patriot ...all progressives are scum of the earth cowards and traitors .

Good Friday - Wikipedia

how many American flags have you burned ?

Good Friday - Wikipedia

I will add, that when I was a supervisor in a NJ state agency, my Jewish and Muslims workers and to compete with each other and negotiate for their holidays because ewe could not let them all have those days off. Christians are not put in that position. This is not about being anti Christian . It is about fairness and the Constitution and equal protection under the law.

Good Friday - Wikipedia

None. But what the fuck does that have to do with the topic?

Good Friday - Wikipedia

progressive patriot is an oxymoron ........theres no such thing as a progressive patriot ...all progressives are scum of the earth cowards and traitors .

Oh give me a fucking break with that horseshit ! Do you actually think that is clever, or original? Can you muster enough functioning brain cells to say something relevant or intelligent about the topic? I'm willing to be no.

I agree...it should go.

Along with MLK's birthday.
MLK is not a religious holiday. Try dealing with the issue

We are talking about holidays that should not be there for religous reasons.

Or holidays that simply suck ?

You want to do away with Christmas too ?
What the fuck are you blathering about.? Try if you can to explain how a holiday dedicated to a civil rights icon is equivalent to a religious holiday

Good Friday - Wikipedia

i'm just pointing out the fact that you are a coward a traitor and a liar ....that your title progressive patriot is absolutely ridiculous ! that your problem with religious holidays falls more in line with your evil chicom comrades ! tell us mr so called patriot [yeah right] ...... are the chicoms responsible for the virus ravaging the US and the world?

Good Friday - Wikipedia

i'm just pointing out the fact that you are a coward a traitor and a liar ....that your title progressive patriot is absolutely ridiculous ! that your problem with religious holidays falls more in line with your evil chicom comrades ! tell us mr so called patriot [yeah right] ...... are the chicoms responsible for the virus ravaging the US and the world?

What the fuck is a "Chicom"??

1586480187813.png

Get over it, Bubba. We are a nation of fifty sovereign States. Let each State decide for itself what days are holidays. If you don't like your State's choices write your governor, State representative and senators.

Good Friday - Wikipedia

We dont know could it just perhaps be freedom of religion not from religion?

Good Friday - Wikipedia

What the fuck is a "Chicom"??

View attachment 321328
just what i thought ....you are no patriot . everyone knows Chicom is term used to describe communist china ! and many of your political views coincide with said chicoms . nice deflection traitor.

Good Friday - Wikipedia

Tissue?

Good Friday - Wikipedia

I agree...it should go.

Along with MLK's birthday.
MLK is not a religious holiday. Try dealing with the issue

We are talking about holidays that should not be there for religous reasons.

Or holidays that simply suck ?

You want to do away with Christmas too ?
Oh I'm sure he'd like to.

POS pervert is all he is.

Forum List

Back