Good cop / bad cop / all bad cops

spectrumc01

I give you....the TRUTH
Feb 9, 2011
The United States
Looking at how easy it is to be considered an accomplice by the justice system, I was wondering why the same standards are not applied to police departments. If an officer is breaking the law, surely other cops know about it and would they not be considered accomplices? We always here about the "Brotherhood", the "Code", and what happens to cops who "rat" out other cops. I would make the case that almost all cops are dirty simply because they know which cops are dirty and which ones aren't yet they say and do nothing to stop the dirty cops. This would make them accomplices would it not?

We all know in the places we work who does what and who says what, and it is the same for them. The good cops know who the bad cops are and yet they do nothing. This makes the good cops bad cops, and that makes all cops bad cops.

input?

Looking at how easy it is to be considered an accomplice by the justice system, I was wondering why the same standards are not applied to police departments. If an officer is breaking the law, surely other cops know about it and would they not be considered accomplices? We always here about the "Brotherhood", the "Code", and what happens to cops who "rat" out other cops. I would make the case that almost all cops are dirty simply because they know which cops are dirty and which ones aren't yet they say and do nothing to stop the dirty cops. This would make them accomplices would it not?

We all know in the places we work who does what and who says what, and it is the same for them. The good cops know who the bad cops are and yet they do nothing. This makes the good cops bad cops, and that makes all cops bad cops.

input?

You've been watching Dirty Harry movies again, haven't you........ Remember, Hollywood = fiction.

Lay off the movies for a while spec.

Put the cup down and back away from the cool-aid.

160 brave Police officers were killed in the line of duty in 2010 to keep your ungratefull ass safe in front of the boob toob watching dancing with the stars.

You presume alot. The officer that died in our town was killed while on duty responding to an accident that was already done. The driver was speeding and wrecked the squad car, the passenger cop was killed in the roll over because he was not, wearing a seat belt. Is he one of the 160?

As for keeping me safe, I have the second ammendment. Cops can't be trusted to do their job according to the law. I wish I had time to watch the "boob tube" but I work too much.

As for being ungrateful...I reported two thefts in the last year...nothing. I was hit by a car while on my bike and the cop didn't even file a report of the accident. I know this because a week later I called to check on the case and no one knew what I was talking about. Maybe if they did something other than fluff stops and did their job I could be grateful. What I am grateful for is that our city only has to pay 2 million to the two individuals who were falsely accused and convicted of murder. The state trooper was sleeping with the star witness while her was protecting her. Give me something to be grateful for.

input?

You should ask these guys:

Guilty verdicts in Danziger trial killings and cover up | wwltv.com New Orleans

input?

You've been watching Dirty Harry movies again, haven't you........ Remember, Hollywood = fiction.

Nope, the News.
You've been living in a fantasy land, haven't you...Remember, life = reality.

input?

What about fast and furious promotions? Or this admin prosecuting whistle blowers?

input?

Have you noticed when it comes to a thief or serial killer they always go back into the perpatrators past and show the signs that led to the crime i.e. animal abuse. These cops just didn't one day decide to do this, they were doing little illegal things all along and it cullminated in this. Other cops knew it and did nothing. They are all guilty.

input?

What about fast and furious promotions? Or this admin prosecuting whistle blowers?

Prosecuting whistle blowers is wrong. no matter which administration is in office.

input?

Have you noticed when it comes to a thief or serial killer they always go back into the perpatrators past and show the signs that led to the crime i.e. animal abuse. These cops just didn't one day decide to do this, they were doing little illegal things all along and it cullminated in this. Other cops knew it and did nothing. They are all guilty.

And they were all convicted. What's your point?

Are some cops bad actors? Sure. Is that going to ever change? No. What should we do about it? Prosecute and convict the guilty. Is that going to be 100% effective? Of course not.

Are some cops bad actors? Sure. Is that going to ever change? No. What should we do about it? Prosecute and convict the guilty. Is that going to be 100% effective? Of course not.

Does some equal 85%?

Does some equal 85%?

No. Where did that number come from?

What we should do is increase the penalties for those in public positions of authority when they break the law. Not only are they breaking the law they are violating the public trust. We gave them authority over us and they use that power to abuse us, the penalty should be much, much higher.

What we should do is increase the penalties for those in public positions of authority when they break the law. Not only are they breaking the law they are violating the public trust. We gave them authority over us and they use that power to abuse us, the penalty should be much, much higher.

That already exists. Look up the term "under the color of law". It's a civil rights violation and a federal crime.

input?

Nope, the News.
You've been living in a fantasy land, haven't you...Remember, life = reality.

News is reality?? Well, okay, on rare occasions when they're not painting broad brushed pictures to sell controversy.
BTW never said there weren't bad cops or bad posters for that matter........ and I don't mean me...... I'm willing to bet you constantly indulge in stereotypical judgments...... it comes from watching the news without a critical, expansive, logical eye

Forum List

Back